Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
tips on learning spanish
    #19706395 -

I decided that I'm going to try and learn spanish over the next few years.  I think it would give me a large leg up in the job market being that there are tons of people from Latin America living here.  I learned a bit in high school and college so at least I have somewhat of a jump start.  I'm using duolingo and watching movies in spanish with english subtitles I get from the library for now to get my feet wet.  If I stick with it, I'll pick up some books in spanish and get some books on tape for my long ass commute to work.  The only hole is practicing speaking it. 

Really, the only person I know that speaks it fluently is a lady at work.  I floated the idea of learning it together to a buddy of mine who works in a school with like all spanish speaking kids.  He did not seem terribly enthused.  Any tips on practicing speaking it?  I do not have the ability to go hang out in a foreign country for a long time as of now.  I guess I could go hang out at some spanish speaking bars and shoot the shit.  There are a bunch of them around. 

Any tips in general?

Edited by All We Perceive (03/16/14 09:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: tips on learning spanish [Re: All We Perceive]
    #19706438 -

Probably not the answer you are looking for but school gets the job done in about 2 to 3 years.

I don't see how you could learn Spanish beyond the basics without going to school.

http://livemocha.com is a good site...Used to be free, but not sure if it still is..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: tips on learning spanish [Re: Confucian]
    #19706448 -

you could form your own personal language lab, record youself repeating and answering in Spanish, then listen to yourself back. figure out a reward system to induce improvement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: tips on learning spanish [Re: All We Perceive]
    #19706485 -

Soap operas OP. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: tips on learning spanish [Re: xpl0de]
    #19706517 -

Sing songs along to a Spanish cd


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: tips on learning spanish [Re: All We Perceive]
    #19706523 -

The biggest thing school has to offer over teaching yourself is interaction with other people speaking the language. Unfortunately, unless you only intend to read and write, interaction is really the biggest part of speaking any language. So to make up for what you'll be missing I suggest you find some speaking partners (there are multiple sites for this: check reddit /r/LANL_Spanish to start) and listen to and watch as much spanish media as possible.


--------------------
Tickle my bassline.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: tips on learning spanish [Re: fiddle]
    #19706529 -

its like method acting.

you need to live the lifestyle to learn


--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dating Tips, Ideas, Suggestions.
( 1 2 3 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 2,831 51 07/07/20 11:48 AM
by lowbrow
* sex tips
( 1 2 3 4 all )
SixCee 12,249 63 11/03/10 11:31 PM
by stimpson
* Conversations with a spanish person LearyfanS 1,085 6 12/08/04 09:36 AM
by Vvellum
* thesporehaven.com anyone read spanish? BrainFarmer 1,029 4 08/03/03 07:58 PM
by buckwheat
* Spanish Computer Class Veritas 511 1 10/05/05 11:44 AM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* tonights tips
( 1 2 3 all )
Gillette 4,475 46 04/10/05 07:15 PM
by Yarry
* Spanish lady Ripple 945 12 11/11/03 07:53 AM
by Ripple
* Spanish Translator needed Joshua 1,192 8 04/20/05 02:06 PM
by In(di)go

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
525 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.