Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZealen
Stranger
Help ID'ing (amanita muscaria var. formosa?)
    #1967543 - 09/30/03 10:34 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

Hey there, i found these by chance so i'm pretty excited :smile:. As far as me, and my ID book can tell, it's amanita muscaria. The book does not go into much detail though, it dosn't mention the lighter, yellow look that as i understand, is normal for amanita in my area. I doubt i will experiment with it, i only have a handfull of normal shroom trips under my belt, but it would be nice to know for sure what it is.
I found it in southern maine, under a pine tree, in a mix of soil and old pine needles.
Gills are white, and attached to the stem (although some have pulled away as the cap opened up) The cap to the one i picked is 8cm, although this was the smallest, the largest was over a foot wide! (this one grew underneath a clear plastic container left lyeing around, so humidity and condition where diffarent). the stem is solid, white, with pretty firm/hard flesh and the surface peals a little. The cap is beutiful :smile: check out the pics for a better explination. the spore print is white. the mushroom has pretty much no buising.. it seems to have turned a little yellowish (the stem) sence i picked it though.  And the smell is very faint... somthing like store bought shrooms, but not nearly as strong.
(both pics are of the giant one, a quarter is used to show scale)

Sadly, i ran out of room so i can't add my last pic, but it's a baby :smile:. it is about 4 inches tall, and looks like a yellow egg standing on one thick leg. the leg (stem) has peal marks, it looks like 4 or 5 rings, right next to the ground. the egg is covered in white patches (worts)
what do you guys/gals think? 

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Onlinethe man
still tappin caps
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Help ID'ing (amanita muscaria var. formosa?) [Re: Zealen]
    #1967756 - 09/30/03 11:32 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

looks like it. kinda hard from the pics. what do the gills look liek?

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1967806 - 09/30/03 11:47 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

That looks like Amanita muscaria to me. That is the shaggiest stem I think I've ever seen on one.

Excellent specimen, and great photos!

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineZealen
Stranger
Re: Help ID'ing (amanita muscaria var. formosa?) [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1967955 - 10/01/03 12:29 AM (18 years, 25 days ago)

the gills are thin and white, i'll post a close-up tomorow when i get a chance. I'm starting to consider trying these, if i get a pic of the gills, and the base of the stalk, can it be possitivly ID'd? i hear conflicting reports. thanks for the help guys

Edited by Zealen (10/01/03 12:31 AM)

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1967962 - 10/01/03 12:31 AM (18 years, 25 days ago)

Nice find and ID.
Good job!
The var. formosa's are out for sure!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder