Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineohioscott
shroomer
Loc: Ohio, USA
Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa
    #3187221 - 09/27/04 06:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I posted last week that I found some Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa and I got lots of feedback and I found a whole heaping batch today.  I think I am going to try a little bit so I was wondering what part was edible?  I know most shrooms u eat the cap and stem, but I also know that Amanita's carry no psylocibin or psylobin so I didnt know if it made a difference.  I was also wondering if u could cook or saute these shrooms and have the same effect... and if so, do they have to be dried?  Thanx for any helpful input!  Im going to post some pics of my find in a few hours here when I have a chance!  Happy shroomin' :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMarcd046
Captain CiderConnoisseur

Loc: North East, Uk
Re: Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa [Re: ohioscott]
    #3190485 - 09/28/04 06:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

No, Muscaria does not contain any psylocibin or psylobin, they carry muscimol and ibotenic acid, the ibotenic acid being turned into muscimol in your stomach. A good way to prepare them is to cut of the stem and place the cap top down in an oven 170-200F until they dry. Keep the juices poured into the cap which will come out. Also drying them in an oven will turn the ibotenic acid into muscimol. Ibotenic acid is not turned into muscimol in your stomach as good as it is when in drying. Ibotenic acid is the stuff that makes you feel sick.  :smirk:

--------------------

Offlineohioscott
shroomer
Re: Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa [Re: Marcd046]
    #3190863 - 09/28/04 11:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

rock on! thanx very much for the tips! I dunno if this batch is gonna be worth much since its late September... but I have high hopes =D

OfflineOregonBluesGil
Forager/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County Flag
Re: Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa [Re: ohioscott]
    #3190910 - 09/28/04 11:33 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey,I live in Nw oregon outside of portland.I recenty,discovered a area of land thats Covered in Grove after grove of these Pine trees,Not sure what type of pine,But anyways the groves make tunnels with their over hanging Branches,Ground is mostly a carpet of pine needles,mossy in some areas were sun gets through the Canapy.But through out these "tunnels" Amanita Muscaria is growing in abundance patches that contain upwards of 20 shrooms.Some patches are Dryed out,Some decaying and covered in Mold.I have been there with the Digi. Camera.Idont have the Cables to up load the Pics.So a friend of mine is putting the Pics on cd so I can up load them,Hopfully by thrusday,thrugh out the Land with these groves there are hundreds of these patches containing upwards 10-20 Amanita Muscaria shrooms.

--------------------
I'm in a Magical Mushroom land!

Offlineohioscott
shroomer
Re: Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa [Re: OregonBluesGil]
    #3191227 - 09/28/04 01:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

nice! Apparently the Amanita that grow in September are nowhere near as potent as the earlier shrooms... but Ill let you know how it goes with me. Plus mine are var. Formosa which are slightly different.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification