Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
You want the world to change? Help change it.
    #1960230 - 09/28/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: World Spirit]
    #1960250 - 09/28/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As the devils advocate would argue;

THere's no damn way we can all agree that "Mushrooms were made for man and they are good when used appropriately."

Aside from the religious quoting the parts of their bible that say "dont take durgs, engage in magical practices, etcetera", aside from that confutation, I am going to say that I dont (neccessarily) agree that mushrooms were made for any reason. To assume that anything was put here "for us" is arguable. Many people would say that there is no "appropriate use" for the evil demon spirits of psychedelia.

The grass roots movement of popularizing drug use (i call it grass rotos bcuz the "man" has been keeping us down for ever, but we ain't going no where!) will change the world, no argument there. Spread the love with those who can be trusted sure, but its the other side, the ones who are anti mushrooms that need to be shown the good or z00mers.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#1960392 - 09/28/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't agree that mushrooms were "made for man.." but i do agree that they can be amazing when taken appropriately. In my opinion, they're here of thier own accord for thier own reasons and we just happen to be lucky enough to know about them and to be offered beautiful experiences when we consume them.

But thats beside the point, I agree that we ought to share the love with those that are curious (and also responsible enough to not just be looking for something that'll "fuck them up"...)

~Jenn

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1960913 - 09/28/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Stephen Gaskin of The farm once said that a man and a mushroom can get together and BOTH can become more than they were individually.

Incidentally, for a year or more I have been looking for an appropriate symbol for the Christian votive table in the corner of our 'Living Room,' and found this at an Orthodox Christian supply house that sent me an update (I purchased an 'Eternal Light' from them before). It suggests to me (if not to its designer, consciously) the Mysteries of Eleusis and the Rites of Demeter, grain and the Kykeon (made from the Claviceps Pasapali ergot on the grain, which forms tiny purple mushrooms when the fungus touches the Earth). Remember people - this is a symbol for priestly vestments or altar cloths, and I'm sure the grain and mushroomic form are just 'accidental' [Not!] I selected burgundy and gold instead of white and gold 'cause it matches the existing cloth. I thank the designer for helping me to symbolically and artistically hybridize the method with my faith. +++Amen+++

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1961337 - 09/28/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting Markos.

I am curious; why did you keep the gold? Gold, in my mind, conjures up images of elite establishment, materialism, conquest, greed, and belief separated from direct communion. What your thoughts?

Thanks brother :thumbup: 

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

#1961615 - 09/29/03 12:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
(I purchased an 'Eternal Light' from them before). 

How much were they charging for Eternal Light?  :wink: 

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1961940 - 09/29/03 04:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: Xochitl]
    #1961996 - 09/29/03 05:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Xochitl said:
I am curious; why did you keep the gold? Gold, in my mind, conjures up images of elite establishment, materialism, conquest, greed, and belief separated from direct communion. What your thoughts?

Gold can symbolize anything that you want it to. Gold, to me, represents the fear that certain Cambodians get when the light goes out.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1962566 - 09/29/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gold can symbolize anything that you want it to.

True, true. But within the context of Christianity, gold has certain meanings attached. Gold and Christianity have such deep ties to the bloody, Spanish conquest of the New World and the authoritarian Church establishment.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
    #1962693 - 09/29/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well, gold is a rare metal that is very pretty. In the Bible, gold was a symbol of purity and regality (hence why one of the Magi gifts was gold). Certain nations (especially Native Americans) considered turquoise to be more valuable than gold. Value is all in the eye of the beholder.
I believe that God (remember, Enter and I are Christians) created all plants for our benefit, whether they are edible, medicinal, or psychedelic.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: Funguy]
    #1962795 - 09/29/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Funguy said:I believe that God (remember, Enter and I are Christians) created all plants for our benefit, whether they are edible, medicinal, or psychedelic.     

I guess I see us placing ourselves on a pedestal when taking that view :laugh:

I'm more tempted to subscribe to the view that the plants have agendas of their own :smile: 

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: Digs]
    #1962879 - 09/29/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm inclined to agree with Digs. As human beings we have such an ego about our position on this planet. How can we assume that we're any more important that any other living being? I think that all beings have thier own agenda and that we ought to thank them and appreciate them when we shorten thier lives by consuming them.

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #1963109 - 09/29/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
I'm inclined to agree with Digs. As human beings we have such an ego about our position on this planet. How can we assume that we're any more important that any other living being? I think that all beings have thier own agenda and that we ought to thank them and appreciate them when we shorten thier lives by consuming them.

I never said that we are "above" everything else. But by my beliefs, God created everything for our use. At the same time, he told us to be respectful and take care of what he gave us. When I hunt, I take no pleasure in killing a deer (those who do are sick, in my opinion). I thank it for letting me use its meat.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1963680 - 09/29/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Wouldn't that be a 'mushroom woody?'

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: automan]
    #1963684 - 09/29/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Why, Infinity cents of course.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1963718 - 09/29/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Gold is the Royal metal. In an age where people believe that all metals were gestating in the Earth, and would eventually become Gold, Gold became a symbol for perfection or completion. Gold remains untarnished even after centuries at the bottom of the sea. Nothing dissolves it except Aqua Regia - Royal Water - 3 parts Hydrochloric Acid to 1 part Nitric Acid - an esoteric secret back in the day. The Alchemical Gold is not the vulgar Gold. The Alchemical Gold is the Philosophers' Stone which is Wisdom and Eternal Life - it is the Stone which the builders rejected: Christ. I do not wear Gold metal on my person, but in the form of a Holy Symbol, it is completely appropriate. This does not mean that I share the aesthetic of high church traditions like the Vatican treasures, or the Cologne Cathedral treasures that I saw last summer. The threads of this symbol are not metallic Gold, incidentally, just Gold colored. Corrupt humankind has perpetrated atrocities for this useless (practically speaking) soft, yellow metal. I think it may be because women like baubles that men covet this and barter and hoard it. It seems an otherwise arbitrary thing to value. I remember when Fort Knox held the nations bullion - when we were on the Gold standard (Goldfinger was a cool 007 film about this). I mean, Gold is not like the Dilithium crystals of Star Trek which could be used to power starships 64X the speed of light. I'm concerned with the Alchemical Gold.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1963727 - 09/29/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> I think it may be because women like baubles that men covet this and barter and hoard it.

I have seen nearly as many men give into vanity for gold as women.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: Seuss]
    #1963908 - 09/29/03 07:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of men? Strong Anima components perhaps? Vanity Smurf types? Or just the average moronic hip-hopper with Gold alarm clocks or Mercedes Benz logos hanging around his neck? Gold is shiney and reflective of light, thus attracting the visual attention of others. I'm not saying that narcissism is owned by females, but I've never known men to spend as much time in front of mirrors as women, and I've never encountered heterosexual men as narcissistic as certain homosexual men (again, preponderant Anima). In another vein, there are those who unconsciously associate their own personal worth as people by identifying themselves with crude displays of precious metal - as if some intrinsic value was imparted to the wearer. Or again, wearing Gold as a gauche advertisement of one's monetary worth as a sexual attractant. So, it goes round-circle to the appeal to the Anima, and to whomever is the Anima-carrier (female or gaymale). Do you find that women who wear Gold are more attractive to the average male? I don't. I find other metals and stones - precious and semiprecious - to be far more intriguing and esoteric and fascinating (and I don't mean just diamonds, because of their obvious display of money).

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1964824 - 09/30/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps the statement "Mushrooms were made for man" could be refined to say "Mushrooms were made for the potentiation of imagination", an attribute I personally believe is strongest in humans within the current era thanks largely in part to the psilocybe mushroom.

A Faphen-Phooffin-Phaffen-Fiphin, and a gloobajooba to you-do-do-do-as I do, m'lads!

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: You want the world to change? Help change it. [Re: Ped]
    #1966867 - 09/30/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder