Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit???
    #19467356 -

So I've been wondering about the phyto-estrogens in foods. I know the cannabis claim that it raises estrogen is untrue and based off of flawed government propaganda.

But what about foods like soy? Is that all bro science? Because I gotta be quite honest, I looooove vanilla soy milk. I can drink it all day. I also so estrogen in small amounts is beneficial


--------------------
FREE BURKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Mescalean]
    #19467439 -

Its true, and soy contains considerable amounts of phyto estrogens. This and antivitamins is why soy should be processed, and most soy is, with the big exception of soy milk, making soy milk the unhealthiest soy product.

Tofu is kind of OK, they are the curds of soy milk, and most estrogens and antivitamins are thrown away with the "soy whey".

Tofu's healthier than red meat.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Mescalean] * 1
    #19468152 -

Drank plenty of soy milk for years and had my oestrogen levels checked a bunch of times and never had an issue (assuming that's what these phytos supposedly do). I'm personally quite dubious on the matter, thinking it's at least over-stated as anti-soy propaganda.

I also recall reading a study in which they fed mice soy with phyto-oestrogen and it took an equivalent shit-tonne to make any difference, IIRC.


--------------------
"The guy went axe-happy on a trout farm, he killed 60 fish."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Asante]
    #19469641 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Its true, and soy contains considerable amounts of phyto estrogens. This and antivitamins is why soy should be processed, and most soy is, with the big exception of soy milk, making soy milk the unhealthiest soy product.

Tofu is kind of OK, they are the curds of soy milk, and most estrogens and antivitamins are thrown away with the "soy whey".

Tofu's healthier than red meat.



Not just tofu, but natto (fermented soybeans) are healthier too.

Basically, if it's soy, you're best going with fermented.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Crystal G]
    #19470061 -

Well fuck... Buh-bye soy milk then ): theres this vanilla one that mixes amazing with my whey.

I just figured since the ones in bud don't raise estrogen then soy wouldnt be a big deal.

And I'm still eating red meat, I just like variety in my food. One morning whole milk sounds amazing the next almond milk does. Not a fan of tofu but I dig those little beans they give you at sushi places.


--------------------
FREE BURKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Mescalean]
    #19471211 -

Try Almond milk.  It rocks.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #19473766 -

hemp milk and coconut milk are good too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: sirdonut]
    #19477116 -

Or, you know, regular cow milk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: pwnasaurus] * 1
    #19477916 -

"regular"  :P  I personally feel better cutting out dairy myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: sirdonut]
    #19480779 -

I still drink cow milk when I bulk. Nothing but whole milk beef rices whole grain bread eggs, and last but not least pizza. Best fucking bulking food for me

But I do like to switch it up. And considering I won't be going to the gym for the next 2 months I don't want to get fat. I like my body too much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #19494871 -

pwnasaurus said:
Or, you know, regular cow milk.



Goat milk is the ultimate of all milks. Once you try it whole cow milk will be as water.

Plus humans have been drinkig goat milk for tens of thousands of years versus maybe a couple hundred tops for cow milk so goat milk is much more suited for the human digestive system.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Viveka]
    #19495704 -

I've never had any problems with cow milk, I'm going to keep on keeping on.  I used to drink 2L+ a day when I was a kid for years on end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Viveka]
    #19546686 -

Viveka said:
pwnasaurus said:
Or, you know, regular cow milk.



Goat milk is the ultimate of all milks. Once you try it whole cow milk will be as water.

Plus humans have been drinkig goat milk for tens of thousands of years versus maybe a couple hundred tops for cow milk so goat milk is much more suited for the human digestive system.




I agree, Goat Milk is SO DELICIOUS!
Way more tasty than cow milk. The curds of goats milk is what many french cheeses are made of, serious gourmet shit!


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Asante]
    #19555386 -

I have heard that feeding male children soy milk instead of cows milk is discouraged due to the phyto estrogens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phyto-estrogens, how much of it is horseshit??? [Re: Chernobyl]
    #19558467 -

Chernobyl said:
I have heard that feeding male children soy milk instead of cows milk is discouraged due to the phyto estrogens.



It should be. My favorite drink from starbucks is there soy chai, I usually ask for no water so there's more soy. But I won't be avoiding my favorite starbucks drink. Maybe I can ask for almond milk if they have that. Almond chai?

Almond milk vanilla ftw


--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Soy and Milk
( 1 2 all )
eligal 2,874 22 12/07/09 02:47 PM
by yogabunny
* Coconut Milk T-Rex 493 6 01/28/13 10:36 PM
by Mr. Bojangles
* soy milk vs cow milk?
( 1 2 all )
kotik 2,519 23 04/04/06 04:28 AM
by mikeownow
* How much soy milk is too much? Dr. Siekadellyk 1,244 17 10/24/10 08:45 PM
by tha_doctor
* Milk? ZShroom 1,558 18 10/22/07 11:21 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Aspartame in Milk Without a Label? Big Dairy Petitions FDA For Approval Ellis Dee 339 1 02/23/13 11:12 AM
by thiotimoline
* Milk is poisonous.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
TRyTOfind 4,834 114 08/25/11 10:17 PM
by TRyTOfind
* allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) Dark_Star 687 10 09/24/09 01:31 AM
by Dark_Star

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
669 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.