Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby)
    #11088311 -

Ok, so my sister just had her first child. :laugh: The thing is, we've recently discovered that my nephew is allergic to a certain protein in cows milk. Meaning my sister cannot eat anything containing milk products ATM, as she is breast feeding.

So I was wondering what kind of foods she can eat that are high calorie, tasty............and milk free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #11088317 -

Head over to the health food store, talk to the hippies. Try to find the guy with the red eyes.

Also, that sounds kind of weird. I work with babies, and that doesn't sound familiar.
Please verify that the premise is correct- mom excretes cow proteins she's eaten in her breast milk.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Edited by Doc_T (09/19/09 11:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Doc_T]
    #11088394 -

Quote:
Also, that sounds kind of weird. I work with babies, and that doesn't sound familiar.
Please verify that the premise is correct- mom excretes cow proteins she's eaten in her breast milk.



Yeah, thats exactly it...I've never heard of it before now either, though I mentioned it to some older women that I work with & they have.

The main effect basically is extremely bloody diarrhea (from my little nephew:sad:).  We're not too sure if it's a permanent allergy, or something that will go away within a few months to a year, and in the meantime, the doctors say no mas food containing milk products.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #11088761 -

peanut butter and jelly sammichiz


--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #11090796 -

I hear goats milk has been used to replace cows milk for babys. That cant have cows milk...

http://petitechevre.co.za/Interesting%20Goats%20milk%20facts.html


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Edited by Brainiac (09/19/09 07:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Brainiac]
    #11092444 -

:strokebeard: That sounds like it might work. Good looking out. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #11093653 -

Stop drinking milk? If she needs a substitute they have plenty, hemp milk, almond milk, rice milk, soy milk(i wouldn't recommend this one) etc. You make it sound like milks the end all be all, cow milk isn't even meant for humans its for baby cows that need to gain 500+ pounds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #11095260 -

Dude, it's far more than just drinking milk......she cannot ingest anything containing any kind of cow milk products, and that's a hell of a lot of things; more than you realize until you look into it.

Soy products are actually the next on the list to go, depending on how things are at the next appointment.  That's another thing in which so many products contain it, so........ Anyone have any suggestions on what foods don't contain soy?


If things don't improve, she may just go to formula, although that's the worst case scenario; she really wants to continue breast-feeding. I'll pass the goats milk recommendation on.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #11098591 -

Dark_Star said:
Dude, it's far more than just drinking milk......she cannot ingest anything containing any kind of cow milk products, and that's a hell of a lot of things; more than you realize until you look into it.



I stopped drinking milk myself for other reasons.  It was difficult for me since it used to make up a decent amount of my daily calories.  Really though, it isn't in THAT many foods.

She can't have milk, yogurt, ice cream, cheese (pizza).  There's not much else I can think of.  I seriously doubt that any food with just a trace amount of milk as an ingredient is going to make it all the way into her breast milk in sufficient quantity to irritate the baby's digestion.  Most milk allergies go away when people stop eating things that use milk as the main or only ingredient.


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #11098983 -

Dark_Star said:
Dude, it's far more than just drinking milk......she cannot ingest anything containing any kind of cow milk products, and that's a hell of a lot of things; more than you realize until you look into it.





I don't drink milk, eat soy or any of that bullshit. Lots of products are milk/soy free. They have whole aisles at whole foods dedicated to vegan food, no animal products(milk) and the shit is better then normal food.

Even most products that arn't vegan don't contain milk a lot of the time, soy is gonna be the real problem because they put that shit in everything now a days but its still very possible to get around it (and still eat all the tasty stuff you love)

By the way supposedly the milk allergy will go away if you use raw cows milk instead of the pasteurized shit. Don't know what you laws are like in your state but here in cali we can buy raw milk at the store, its worth a try if your sister wants milk that bad

Edited by Andre Nickatina (09/21/09 07:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: allergy to a protein in cow's milk (baby) [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #11117080 -

Quote:
I stopped drinking milk myself for other reasons.  It was difficult for me since it used to make up a decent amount of my daily calories.  Really though, it isn't in THAT many foods.

She can't have milk, yogurt, ice cream, cheese (pizza).  There's not much else I can think of.  I seriously doubt that any food with just a trace amount of milk as an ingredient is going to make it all the way into her breast milk in sufficient quantity to irritate the baby's digestion.  Most milk allergies go away when people stop eating things that use milk as the main or only ingredient.




Yeah, she was saying that she can't have anything containing milk products.......the thing is, she's pretty anxious & has a tendency to overreact. She's gotten a lot better with that over the years, but she's still really high-strung, and this is her first child. I'll have to pass that info on to her, thanks you.


Quote:
I don't drink milk, eat soy or any of that bullshit. Lots of products are milk/soy free. They have whole aisles at whole foods dedicated to vegan food, no animal products(milk) and the shit is better then normal food.



Hmmmm, that's interesting. This is a whole new thing for me; I've never had to worry about what I was eating, least of all milk products. I'm familiar with whole foods, but I've never seen one around the area I'm currently living at. I'm not sure if they have them around here, though I'd imagine there
ll have to be one.

The main issue I guess is the fact that she's always been a really finicky eater, though I'm sure that we could find a lot of things that she'd like.

I'll have to head down there, maybe next weekend & see what we can find.

Quote:
By the way supposedly the milk allergy will go away if you use raw cows milk instead of the pasteurized shit. Don't know what you laws are like in your state but here in cali we can buy raw milk at the store, its worth a try if your sister wants milk that bad



I did not know that, hm mm.....


Thank you all for taking your time to help me out here. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Protein intake after working out? barfightlard 3,406 18 11/20/04 04:43 PM
by FreakQlibrium
* Interesting protein info (link) World Spirit 957 3 03/11/05 05:43 AM
by Society
* Pet Allergies?? Liz 1,104 5 04/07/06 01:45 PM
by TheDude
* Mushroom Allergy unixelation 8,295 2 12/15/05 10:43 AM
by HeavyToilet
* GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? HagbardCeline 1,990 13 06/15/05 03:37 PM
by Arp
* . z_x_x_z 1,132 8 10/22/05 07:37 PM
by Fucknuckle
* Triphala, Milk Thistle, Cranberry Extract - cleansing regiment Jdawg2013 2,865 1 08/07/05 12:13 PM
by Galvie_Flu
* KEFIR the Miracle Probiotic (gut flora, eczema, athlete's foot etc)
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 1,541 27 12/30/25 11:32 PM
by Mickalopagus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
687 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.