Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed
    #19227054 - 12/04/13 02:47 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I would have been better off spending more money buying Wild Finch birdseed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: Enigma1]
    #19227134 - 12/04/13 03:00 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i know right, for the price i pay for a 20 lb bag of wbs i end loosing 1/3 of it and may as well be getting rye

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: cronicr]
    #19227180 - 12/04/13 03:08 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:facepalm:

No reason to remove floaters and/or sunflower seeds.
That's old information.
I don't even remove the small little twigs in my WBS anymore.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #19227205 - 12/04/13 03:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i know theres no need to but when your doing 20 lbs at a time it's hard to find a strainer to hold it all while you rinse so i just let them go:shrug:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: cronicr]
    #19227285 - 12/04/13 03:28 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

You gotta get the "WBS special" strainers. Or make your own outta some mosquito screens & PVC.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #19227297 - 12/04/13 03:29 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Edit your Tek to point that out I know you don't say to throw them out I double checked .  If you did mention it I probably would have left them in since I'm following your Tek. I'm trying to blame you but I can't damn:cool:

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19227311 - 12/04/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i was using this set up for awile for my rinse but eventually got too many holes, a metal screen will come eventually but i just lost all my cult equipment lol

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19227355 - 12/04/13 03:40 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:shrug2:

I guess I don't explicitly state that I don't leave them in, but on the other hand, I don't say to strain/take them out.

I'll edit it just for you :brushrage:

Also, I'd figure these 3 pictures were obvious enough that I don't do that.

--------------------

OfflineKnownPown
Fathead Shroomer
Male

Loc: Washington State
    #19229833 - 12/05/13 01:52 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
You gotta get the "WBS special" strainers. Or make your own outta some mosquito screens & PVC.

Where'd you find that kinda strainer at? I want it!! Haha and you have the same pot as me from wally :P

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: KnownPown]
    #19229843 - 12/05/13 02:02 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

They have those strainers at Walmart and bed bath and beyond. They're expensive. I paid $15 a piece for mine

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: Stromrider]
    #19229845 - 12/05/13 02:04 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I got this one at Walmart

Offlinesharpshroomer98
Student of the Universe.
Male User Gallery

Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: Stromrider]
    #19229866 - 12/05/13 02:17 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:sunspots:

So do I, golly gee I'm like the pros! :grin:

--------------------
No, I wasn’t born in 98’

OfflineForgottenFreshness
Staying High
 User Gallery

Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: sharpshroomer98]
    #19230116 - 12/05/13 06:09 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Go to your local farm supply store. Somewhere out in the country that isn't a "name brand" store (maybe not super local for some). They will be selling 50# bags of wheat grain for about $12. Cheaper than any wbs I've been able to find.

OfflineSaint
Pope
Male User Gallery

Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: ForgottenFreshness]
    #19230150 - 12/05/13 06:45 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I have a question about  the bird feed thing here as i think as long as you  find seed that has the least amount of shells you would be good?  so any type of seed  that can be found cheap would work? Right? or  is it not so  do you need the  shell? Well the sunflower nut  work  as its the cheapest  per lb at the store  here?  I just want to clarify this

InvisibleHypnotoadCroaked
Retired, but will check MSGs

Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: Saint]
    #19230230 - 12/05/13 07:44 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Saint said:
I have a question about  the bird feed thing here as i think as long as you  find seed that has the least amount of shells you would be good?  so any type of seed  that can be found cheap would work? Right? or  is it not so  do you need the  shell? Well the sunflower nut  work  as its the cheapest  per lb at the store  here?  I just want to clarify this

Sunflower alone will work, but not very well.  Each colonized grain is a point from which the mycelium will spread across your bulk substrate.  Sunflower seeds take up lots of volume per seed.  Having a mixed bag of various sizes or even a bag of straight millet would probably do you better by volume.  More smaller seeds is better than less larger ones for colonizing bulk.  This was my thought process on the matter.  Hope that makes sense.

I am not certain of the nutritional benefits of the differing seeds, but IIRC there was some info that sunflower seeds were not the best on their own.

I know I don't strain out floaters at all.

OfflineSaint
Pope
Male User Gallery

Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: HypnotoadCroaked]
    #19230334 - 12/05/13 08:28 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Whippy said:

Sunflower alone will work, but not very well.  Each colonized grain is a point from which the mycelium will spread across your bulk substrate.  Sunflower seeds take up lots of volume per seed.  Having a mixed bag of various sizes or even a bag of straight millet would probably do you better by volume.  More smaller seeds is better than less larger ones for colonizing bulk.  This was my thought process on the matter.  Hope that makes sense.

I am not certain of the nutritional benefits of the differing seeds, but IIRC there was some info that sunflower seeds were not the best on their own.

I know I don't strain out floaters at all.

So thats the whole idea  is to have the less amount of space  for surface area. so  it can  spread easier!  That does make it better to understand now  just to find the best  grain to use. As i am making up 3 gallon  of spawn at a time is my plan to  do shittikes  for sawdust blocks 'just in time for spring'

InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

Re: Look at all these floaters and sunflower seeds 5Lb bag birdseed [Re: Saint]
    #19230389 - 12/05/13 08:59 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Ok I calculated it up I'll be better off paying the. $2 lb that's with shipping included for the Rye Berries I'm thinking about barley  berries since I juice them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom