Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Playing games supported for Win 95 on Win XP?
    #1920205 -

Is it possible to play games that are supported for Windows 95 on a Windows XP system? I found an old MechWarrior game in the cupboard, and tried installing and playing it, but it doesn't run. Is there anything you can do to get it to run?
I tried going to Properties and Compatibility/Windows 95 and Run in 256 Color and Run in 640x480 but still doesn't seem to work.
Help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Playing games supported for Win 95 on Win XP? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1920283 -

If the compat doesnt work you can

:dual boot windows 95/xp

:find a patch at the devs website


--------------------
...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Playing games supported for Win 95 on Win XP? [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1920443 -

yo. I got the same problem, the game Z wouldnt run ot winxp. this game is so addictive and interesting :smile:


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Playing games supported for Win 95 on Win XP? [Re: T0aD]
    #1920578 -

The one annoying thing about Windows and games, is if you don't have the right version (older or newer) it can be a real ass to get it working.
I tried installing on DOS, and it ran, but the sound was horrible, and the movies played, but once I tried playing the actual game, it was just a blank screen with sound.
I tried installing a patch (the only one I could find for the game), and that didn't work either.
I would do a dualboot, but I'm not good with computers at all, and the last thing I should be doing is mucking around with the computer. I only just got it a few months ago, and don't want to go screwing it up.
So I admit defeat, you beat me again Windows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Playing games supported for Win 95 on Win XP? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1920595 -

dual booting isnt hard, look for partitionmagic pro, itll do it all for you, even back up for you incase things went bad...


--------------------
...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Playing games supported for Win 95 on Win XP? [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1920853 -

Under XP, right click on the program icon (not the shortcut) and select properties. Under the compatibility tab, select run in compatibility mode and windows 95. Works for most things, but not all.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How to make a DOS/win 95 proggy run on XP? Randolph_Carter 703 5 06/22/04 08:20 PM
by RuNE
* Need help with Win. 98 LethalX5 614 3 03/06/05 03:05 PM
by LethalX5
* classic computer games
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
mez 16,388 83 11/15/06 11:54 AM
by phalcon005
* XP Home vs. XP Professional Autonomous 1,064 3 08/29/03 02:46 PM
by riffic
* Read this! Massive SECURITY problem with Win XP! Fd3000 1,410 14 10/24/02 05:57 PM
by
* weird folder in XP Xochitl 1,547 9 12/28/03 09:48 PM
by ivi
* PC Problems - New games won't work! Arrrgg! Ego Death 1,012 8 02/23/05 04:20 PM
by Ego Death
* HELP!!! win XP question Cubieman420 864 6 04/14/03 03:34 PM
by Cubieman420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
1,056 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.