Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
What the fuck is wrong with people?
    #1908655 - 09/12/03 05:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I thought the shroomery of all places would be somewhere that is filled with open minded/accepting people.

There are a lot of great people here but why do certain people (gumbydude, swami etc) incist on constantly attacking/picking fault in other people even down to the smallest most pathetic detail.

This shit makes me lose faith in humanity. I mean why the fuck have a go at someone because I typed 'N E' instead of any. Does it matter? Does it affect you that much that you want to type a whole post belittling me? Jesus some people must have no life outside of the shroomery.

If I never read this again it won't matter, I have literaly hundreds of friends (which I am very gratefull for) and see every day. I just can't understand, where is the love.

I came here to be open minded and help people, but I've met some of the most petty and ignorant people in my life on this forum.

Please do not take to heart, if this is not you as many people here are like me, open minded and accepting.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: What the fuck is wrong with people? [Re: Ego Death]
    #1908667 - 09/12/03 05:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Don't worry about other people ripping in to everything you say. Usually people are just trying to get their points across but at times the way they phrase it makes it sound like nothing more than a a rant or attack.
I agree some people on here do seem to point out every individual flaw in the statements you've made, they may be right in doing so in certain or they may be doing it to boast their own self-esteem....
Either way it doesn't matter don't take it to heart :wink: its just a message board... plus there are plenty of accepting and open minded people here

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: What the fuck is wrong with people? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1908683 - 09/12/03 06:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ya, I spose its just annoying more than anything.

HEHE Wales (yes it is a country) <<< That is to stop the very idiots that nit pick b4 they start?Lol.

Are you going Liberty hunting st0ned? You're in the best place! I'm down in good old Dorset so theres plenty here too, although I got some from wales off a friend once and man I got blown away.Hehehe

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
    #1908696 - 09/12/03 06:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

LOL, yeah im hoping to be off son the rain's finally starting to kick and the temps dropped a little over the past week or so... good ol' dorset ey? LOL cool... I'm also hoping to find some cyanescens this season, just need to get off my arse and start checking out a few new areas

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Anonymous #1

#1908703 - 09/12/03 06:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

nature of the internet....I must say there are a lot of nice cool ppl here compared to other boards.....and almost none of that lame internet lingo

my advice is too use these and other boards as a place to give and recieve information.....not to make friends

InvisibleAdden
David Reishi Fan Club
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #1908807 - 09/12/03 08:51 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It's because some people are so shallow that they need to make others feel bad to make themselves feel good.

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #1908841 - 09/12/03 09:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"There are a lot of great people here but why do certain people (gumbydude, swami etc) incist on constantly attacking/picking fault in other people even down to the smallest most pathetic detail."

i've never actuallly seen Swami launch an ad hominem(personal)attack on anyone, he will however point out logistical inconsistencies/contradictions in a person's argument. On the contrary it is usually him that is the object of personal attack by people that are upset with his innate ability to pick their arguments apart....just my .02

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #1909003 - 09/12/03 11:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
HEHE Wales (yes it is a country)

"whales is a very beautiful country, unfortunatly it's full of welsh people"

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Re: What the fuck is wrong with people? [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1909036 - 09/12/03 11:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Indeed it is, your more observant than I thought you were

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1909508 - 09/12/03 02:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You can show the best parts of you when people out here are trying to knock you down.. Take advantage of the "meanies"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (09/12/03 02:20 PM)

Offlineusername
Another brick inthe wall

Re: What the fuck is wrong with people? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1911078 - 09/12/03 11:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Although I, too, get annoyed sometimes when people write in short form (u, r, ne, wuz etc) - I would never make a post belittling someone for it or even comment. Not everyone is going to write the way you like.
Obviously the people that attacked you were looking for a fight, or something to make them feel superior to you...
Most of us here are open-minded and those that aren't should not be here at all.

--------------------
"If it is what it isn't than wouldn't it be it, if it was?"

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: What the fuck is wrong with people? [Re: username]
    #1914676 - 09/14/03 05:32 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

U guys r cool!

--------------------

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
    #1924291 - 09/17/03 05:35 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

jesus, you had to write a whole goddamn post about how unnacepting people are, idiot. Maybey people had good reasons to flame you for typing N E, whine, whine, whine.

Naw, i'm just fuckin with ya, i didn't mean it. All the flaming here pisses me off alot, I guess thats why the pub was created..... didn't work. Too bad there has to be stupid people everywhere you go to mess it up, even on dope sites like the shroomery.

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1924421 - 09/17/03 07:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Consider it a learning experience. Don't allow them get under your skin, it's really not worth it. Yeah there's gonna be people who clash personalities wherever you go, and there's gonna be assholes that just try and piss you off for whatever reason. Best to either ignore it or not be effected by it.. there's lots of good people on the shroomery. Truth is, some people don't have a life outside the shroomery..so let them have their little any correction or whatever.
Swami has come a long way since when he first got here... you should have seen how he dissected posts in S&P three years ago.. pure brutality. I think he's a lot better about it now.. he's learned.. we all learn.. that's what interaction is all about. Some people get off on being mean, methinks.. So fuck 'em.

Whirled peas and all that shit

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: What the fuck is wrong with people? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1924922 - 09/17/03 01:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Why does it matter?

Really, any of it. Its so funny, someone can flame me, or make fun of me, or pick on me in person or whatever...it just doesnt matter. Smile and thumbs up. Completely ignore it. It doesnt matter unless you let it matter. People are fucking idiots, its the way things are, but its easy to coexist alongside idiots and maintain a higher standard of *life* which they are completely ignorant to. Feel good about it.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: What the fuck is wrong with people? [Re: PDU]
    #1933206 - 09/19/03 06:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You can't please everybody, so you gotta please yourself.

Just do you're thing, man. If people can't accept it, it's their problem.

And you'll be much happier just being yourself than being something someone else wants you to be.

Of course, easier said than done, but c'est la vie.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1938191 - 09/21/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've never seen Swami say anything mean.

He does an excellent job of tearing apart ideas that don't make sense or have logical inconsistancies but I've never seen him come close to cruelty.

Just because someone attacks you over a spelling error, doesn't mean that they don't have a life outside the Shroomery.

I've insulted people online before, sometimes for better reasons than others. If they take it as a joke, and are able to laught it off, then they gain respect from me. If they take it personally, then they lose some respect. Maybe this isn't the most sensitive way of thinking, but it's the way my brain works, and in my experience, it seems to be the way that others who dish out insults think. If you can train yourself to laugh at yourself, and not take yourself so seriously, you will be a happier and more thoughtful person.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being