Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Loc: I don't know
Are mushrooms similar to LSD?
    #1905785 - 09/11/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Saturday night is the big night, my first time shrooming. I'll be doing it a friend's house with my husband and a bunch of friends. I'm kinda scared because it's one of the only drugs I've never done before. I used to do LSD all of the time but due to limited resources I haven't taken it in like 2 years. My question is: would it be okay to do like 4 grams? If it's anything like LSD I know I'll be able to handle it, but it's the fact that I've never done it before that makes me a little nervous.

--------------------
Life's a bitch and then you die, fuck the world let's all get high.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: Julia]
    #1905826 - 09/11/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

its similar, most people say that LSD is more of a mindfuck, some people cant tell the difference.

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Julia]
    #1905827 - 09/11/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #1905843 - 09/11/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't say there's any similarity, except that you trip.

OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1905892 - 09/11/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sweet.  Yeah Tremor1127 I know what you're saying about the LSD visuals.  My first time doing LSD I had no idea what I was getting into and downed 3 hits that were on Necco wafers.  I spent the night smoking cigarettes and talking to the wall in my friends kitchen.  The wallpaper had morphed into a face and was talking to me about shit.  My sober pregnant friend came into the kitchen and asked me if I was alright.  I told her that she was very rude for interrupting my conversation with my new friend.  I don't really remember doing that but all of my friends confirmed it.  Talk about taking 1 hit too many  :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1905950 - 09/11/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I find Acid visuals to be more geometric with lots of straight lines and tringles where mushrooms seem to be more curved and organic looking which is kind of wierd in retrospect..

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #1906033 - 09/11/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Julia said:
My sober pregnant friend came into the kitchen and asked me if I was alright.  I told her that she was very rude for interrupting my conversation with my new friend.  I don't really remember doing that but all of my friends confirmed it.  Talk about taking 1 hit too many  :crazy2: 

lol, thats some funny shit

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: Spokesman]
    #1906214 - 09/11/03 03:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you can handle lsd you can handle mushrooms. They both make you trip and hallucinate but have very different distict characteristics about them. Mushrooms only last 4-5 hours too, lsd lasts about 8-12 hours.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: Infrared]
    #1906275 - 09/11/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'll definitely have a trip report on Sunday.  It probably won't be anything close to my "3 hits of lsd talking to the wall trip" but it should still be a good one because every single one of us is taking 1/8 of shroomz  :eyemouth:

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #1906290 - 09/11/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

woohoo, shroom party. thats the best kind

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: Infrared]
    #1907210 - 09/11/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms everything looks clean, crisp, and bright, Almost like a cartoon. It feels happier overall, the atmosphere i mean. The way you think is very confusing though. LSD, everything kinda has a blandness to it i guess. Definitly more geometric too, like huge mathmatical patterns and such. Mind wise though, the two are very different, i cant really explain. Shroooms are definitly fun though, try it, you'll like it!

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: diablovt1125]
    #1907234 - 09/11/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Even though I've never done LSD, I find shrooms to be very... emotional? My emotions flare when Im trippin on mushies and sometimes I'm stuck on the same thought for like an hour... There are tons of kaliedoscopic images both closed eye and open eye, and mushrooms have a distinct body high... I don't know about a 4 - 5 hour trip either... I've tripped for 7 hours off of an 1/8th before

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: GanjaManDan]
    #1907269 - 09/11/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Btw - I find that when Im on a reasonably low dose (2.5 - 3 grams) I can think quite clearly, yet I'm totally mashed :laugh:

OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: GanjaManDan]
    #1907353 - 09/11/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I get caught in the thought loop A LOT on LSD. I can be talking to someone one second, stop mid-sentence, try to think about what I was going to say, and start thinking about something else without finishing the sentence. It sucks tripping with people who aren't tripping because they don't understand what mindset or wavelength you're on. That's why I'm doing it with a bunch of friends who will be doing it as well. I've also heard that it's next to impossible to have a bad trip on shroomz but when I read the trip reports I see a lot of people whose trips take a turn for the worse. Out of all the times of done cid I've had some great trips, never had a bad trip though (always did it in a familiar atmosphere w/close friends). Honestly I think I could handle a level 4 or 5 trip so that's what I'm shooting for. Everybody tells me mushies are the best, colorful visuals, objects morphing, patterns appearing on everything. I'm used to the scary, paranoid LSD visuals. The ones where you walk into the bar and everybody knows you're trippin', they're all gonna call the cops on you, then suddenly the walls of the bar catch on fire and everybody is gonna burn alive

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1907830 - 09/11/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Read the Psychedelic Experience Faq. Pretty big section in there comparing shrooms and lsd.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1907906 - 09/11/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Julia said:
I get caught in the thought loop A LOT on LSD. I can be talking to someone one second, stop mid-sentence, try to think about what I was going to say, and start thinking about something else without finishing the sentence. It sucks tripping with people who aren't tripping because they don't understand what mindset or wavelength you're on. That's why I'm doing it with a bunch of friends who will be doing it as well. I've also heard that it's next to impossible to have a bad trip on shroomz but when I read the trip reports I see a lot of people whose trips take a turn for the worse. Out of all the times of done cid I've had some great trips, never had a bad trip though (always did it in a familiar atmosphere w/close friends). Honestly I think I could handle a level 4 or 5 trip so that's what I'm shooting for. Everybody tells me mushies are the best, colorful visuals, objects morphing, patterns appearing on everything. I'm used to the scary, paranoid LSD visuals. The ones where you walk into the bar and everybody knows you're trippin', they're all gonna call the cops on you, then suddenly the walls of the bar catch on fire and everybody is gonna burn alive

yeaaaa i love those thought loops on lsd. Shrooms never tend to give me the same thought loops. I will get stuck thinking about something...but on acid i start analyzing something and then analyze the analyzations. Doesnt really happen to me on shrooms. Shrooms give me a much stronger "high" than acid though. Sort of like i just smoked a tooon of weed and suddenly everything starts melting around. Shrooms also feel more religious for me while acid feels more scientific...if that makes any sense. I say dont go for level 5 your first time with shrooms...even if youve hit level 5 with acid. For me at least they were totally different... And it's possible to have a bad trip on shrooms contrary to what you've been told

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1908858 - 09/12/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

everybody on an eighth...
sounds like fun...
how many folks? less than 8?
enjoy --- some tasty tunes, some sweet nuggets, some easy snacks/beverages, dim lights & a few (safe) candles, & maybe a bottle of niacinamide (just to have on hand, y'know, just in case an eighth was little too  much :wink: ...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
    #1908954 - 09/12/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

in my experience.. LSD is more of an analytical trip, whereas mushrooms are more mystical. they are both the same in stimulation but mushrooms are sort of a stimulated/relaxed feeling, and LSD a stimulated/energized feeling. if you can handle LSD, you can definately handle mushrooms.

OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Re: Are mushrooms similar to LSD? [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1909047 - 09/12/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

We've got 5 people hanging out, but only 4 of us are taking the shrooms.  My friend Ken is going to be our transportation in case we want to get out of the house and go somewhere.  All of us know what it's like to trip (although it's my first time doing shrooms I've done ecstasy and acid plenty of times) and we all know that driving while tripping is very dangerous and next to impossible.  We are all handing our keys over to Ken so in case something goes wrong and somebody wants to leave they don't act stupid and get behind the wheel.  We will be hanging out at Ken's apartment which is directly above a strip club (oh joy :shake:).  I already told my husband that if he even contemplates the idea of going downstairs while shroomin' I'm gonna kick his ass.  Ken's apartment is very small (living room, kitchen, bathroom-that's it) so if we get bored and want to go hang out somewhere else we're gonna have him drive us to a bar that we always hang out at down the road.  It's a small quiet bar that barely does any business on Saturday nights.  All of our friends hang out there, all of them do drugs and won't fuck with us while we're tripping.  I've done ecstasy there more times than I can count, and if anything it's a very pleasant atmosphere.  Plus we're all good friends with the bartenders.  It looks like almost everybody on this post agrees that shrooms and acid are 2 totally different types of trips but says if I can handle lsd then I'll have no problem with mushrooms so I think I'm gonna eat the entire eighth, chase it with some OJ, and trip face! 

--------------------

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
    #1909107 - 09/12/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Have fun, can't wait to hear your report! Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds