Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

What kind of shrooms are these? (PICS) * 1
    #1853582 - 08/27/03 12:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Any help is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHybridBudMaster
Whoa now

Loc: Georgia
Re: What kind of shrooms are these? (PICS) [Re: Euphoria]
    #1853587 - 08/27/03 12:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

it seems to be that they are brown shrooms, they have gills, and it looks as if they came from the ground

oh yeah

and any information is appreciated

go to the faq in the forums

--------------------
Suck it, Trebek!
It's tasteless, disgusting, and offensive.  I love it.

Invisibleslppe
the eye

Loc: tripped out
    #1853596 - 08/27/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

its pretty hard to tell when its dryed out and in a plastic bag. Read the forum rules next time... :tongue:

edit: it could  be dryed indoor cubes

Edited by slppe (08/27/03 12:26 AM)

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
    #1853598 - 08/27/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There may be something I'm missing but I'd sure have no idea how to identify anything dried, from a gillshot, in a bag, or otherwise with no additional info. Maybe I'm missing something. Why would you want to know?- (just a weird question, man.)

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #1854285 - 08/27/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Did you buy those?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: What kind of shrooms are these? (PICS) [Re: gdman]
    #1854321 - 08/27/03 09:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I hope that if you did buy 'em they all didn't come in the same bag cause they don't all look like the same shroom. And that I don't see as being good- but hey- my eyes are only as good as my mind.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1854360 - 08/27/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ERr...

Its pretty darn impossible to ID dried mushrooms. I dont know if you're trying to see if they are active mushrooms that you bought or if you found them in the forest or what.

Please give some more information to aide us in the indentification.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: What kind of shrooms are these? (PICS) [Re: angryshroom]
    #1857034 - 08/27/03 10:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i dunno, ive seen alot of dried mushrooms, cubensis and otherwise, and so far, the only dried mushroom ive ever encountered looking exactly like that is the real deal. psilocybe cubensis, i would eat these if i bought them.  problem is i wouldnt pay for shrooms :smile:
ive had people try to sell me all kinds of different shit. dried shitakes, dried psathyrellas, and some really odd looking shit that was obviously something they grabbed from a street vendor in chinatown to sell for crack money to unsuspecting kids on commercial drive.
ahh vancouver,
i beleive its advantageous for people to be able to recognize real and fake shrooms, generally if you get them from somebody with a good rep or alot of connections or references,  its good, still, they should let you look, if they say they got "bc blue caps" or some cute name, be a bit weary, this is a bullshit term used to sell mushrooms, its an indication of either a scam, or a dealer that really doesnt know anything about shrooms except that they make you all fucked up.
beware when a dealer asks you to smell them or some shit, alot of mushrooms smell the same as cubensis, but not too many look the same, at least not when youve seen them alot.

i had one guy try to sell me some cooking mushrooms once, i think matsutake, but it doesnt matter, they werent cubes, thats for damn sure, he was on grandveiw in vancouver and had them in a velamints (or altoids, i forget) container asked me if i wanted some shrooms, well, i hadnt found any in van yet so i figured, gee, shrooms here are $5 per gram or less, what the hell why not? (weed is also about that)
so he reaches into a crack in the wall by a vacant lot and pulls them out, opens them up and bingo, there are the same fake mushrooms my roommate bought from some crackhead a few weeks prior. he said "here man, SMELL that shit! thats some trippy shit there man" i just looked at him and said, yeah fucking right, trying to sell me your fake shit,
he acted all insulted. fake pfft, uh, he said they were FAKE?!?!"
i interrupted his performance, you were gonna rip me off and sell me that shit, fuck you asshole" and walked off.

now this guy diddnt LOOK like a crackhead, he was dressed all beverly-hills with rayban shades and was hanging out with similar posers. 

i could see them snicker when they saw their buddy get told off, im pretty sure they were taking turns ripping off tourists.

but those mushroom you showed, right there, i would buy.
...if i was buying shrooms

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: What kind of shrooms are these? (PICS) [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1857148 - 08/27/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hey mitch: my friend was recently sold a bag of dried shiitake and i've had a person try to sell me the same.

i've also been offered cubes as azures. another friend of mine bought an eighth of cyanescens thinking they where cubes and allegedaly ended up in jail, so it happens both ways.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: What kind of shrooms are these? (PICS) [Re: canid]
    #1857201 - 08/27/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ive bought cyans as cubes before, i accepted, but this was june... and they were weaker than cubes. you could tell they were cyans, just a bit old. the trip was above threshold for 2 grams i ate, not much above. i was laughing a bit, and i DID see jewel encrusted snakes crawling around my friends face while we smoked up an hour later, but i consider that a CEV, OEV would be (for me) his face literally becomming the size of an atom, 1000 miles away, with gravity pulling grass from the yard to a wreath of green fractal blades. circling, mixing with infinate eyeballs and fingertips, with fingertips growing from them, meeting eachother at the fingertips, in 3-d with morphing vowel sounds buzzing from a hollow cave in subspace.
i think you know what i mean :smile:
ive had it from libs, never that much from cubes or subbs (but close with alot of subbs)

libs are, and always will be (possible future experience with cyans or azures not withstanding) the ultimate journey fungus for me

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1857318 - 08/27/03 11:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

oh yes, i was in vancouver at the time. and they mushrooms were wild, not cultivated.
im in nova scotia these days

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1857321 - 08/27/03 11:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Mitch; I like your idea of OEVs :grin:.
anyway, it is sad how some people pic more cyans than they will ever need and dry them so poorly that the potency is reduced to a quarter of what it should be.

semies are my favorite aswell; though, i'll ocasionaly change my mind on this for whiles.

Euphoria: those do look like cubes, but i wouldn't explicitly eat them anyway. i am going on the assumption that those speciment where bought on the street...

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (08/27/03 11:50 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds