Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: Are these shrooms? (PICS) [Re: JeeLiX]
    #319294 - 05/17/01 10:48 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Keep your eyes open for'em again. Try to get photos of the mushrooms at different stages of growth and possibly of the gills. Also make sure you take a sporeprint. Check for any bluing on the stem, cap or mycelium.
I'm gonna agree with Woodsman and GG. They're probably some kind of panaeolus species.

doo

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
Re: Are these shrooms? (PICS) [Re: JeeLiX]
    #8902124 - 09/09/08 01:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JeeLiX said:
Well Arizona is a very diverse state, there are mountains that are cold all year long where liberty caps grow, and tons of dry hot desert. I have spoken to Andrew Weil, who is an ethnobotanist, and he has collected liberty caps throughout this state in the colder regions. Cubies are abundant in the cooler regions like Sedona. So maybee the spores were already in the grass from wherever it was grown and when my sprinkler system started running it caused them to fruit. They fruited during a day that had 90 degrees as a high and 60 as a low. The 90 degree temps killed them though, they're all shrivled up now. Mjsrhroomer said, in recent posts, that the only psilocybe species that grow in Arizona were gymnos which isn't true. Not trying to be prove you wrong or anything MJ just leting you know.

Quote:

These two are the only reported spefies of psilocbian fungi to be found int the great state of Barry Goldwater.
arizona
Gymnopilus sapineus
G. spectabilis.

Best regards in your venture,

mjshroomer<p><hr>

Check out some of McMans pictures of the cubie strain that was found in Arizona.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but does anyone by chance have any more information regarding P. Cubensis found in Sedona, AZ?  I see JeeLix posted a photograph of the mushrooms (taken by someone named McMan) but it is no longer showing up in the post.  I live very near the area and think it would be amazing to find some there.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Are these shrooms? (PICS) [Re: Cakes]
    #8902156 - 09/09/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybe cubensis does not grow in Arizona, and neither do liberty caps, though the people who have posted in this thread (in '01) do not agree.

The only psilocybin mushrooms you will find in Arizona are Gymnopilus species and Panaeolus subbalteatus.

OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
Re: Are these shrooms? (PICS) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8902178 - 09/09/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hehe yeah I know they "don't".

However, this post leads me to believe there may be exceptions.  I see no reason that anyone would describe P. Cubensis growing here and even post a photo if it didn't actually happen.

You may be well aware already, but Arizona carries a very wide range of climates and habitats.  Yes, there is plenty of desert, but the higher altitudes provide a climate that very well could support cubie life.

--------------------

Edited by Cakes (09/09/08 01:53 PM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Are these shrooms? (PICS) [Re: Cakes]
    #8902210 - 09/09/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I see no reason that anyone would describe P. Cubensis growing here and even post a photo if it didn't actually happen.

People report cubensis growing in Canada all the time but it has never really happened except in peoples closets.  Its usually due to wishful thinking or some dumbass who tells hippies whatever they want to hear. 

It would be great if you could document some new psychoactive species records from Arizona.  Cubensis needs a tropical habitat, if you are going to find them the best way is to target the proper habitat.  Cubensis doesn't grow in all parts of Texas, only some parts with the right habitat.  Study up on what that habitat is and look for similar areas in your state.  I have never hunted in Texas but I don't think they grow in the dry areas, its only in the humid somewhat tropical parts of the state.

Cubensis is not known to grow in any of the states that border Arizona so it would be quite a discovery if you were able to find it there.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds