Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: Tantalus]
    #3609389 - 01/10/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tantalus said:
Quote:

This effect is similar to the one with cocaine, as it is only mentally addictive. This can be tough to quit for people with addictive personalities. but drugs like heroin, tobacco, and alcohol all make you become physically addicted, or have a physiological addiction. this is when you feel like you need the drug to survive, and you will feel negative side effects when trying to quit. Normal body functions will go out of whack and your body temperature could fluctuate. If you are badly addicted, you could cause death if you just up and stop. Even though it takes 2 weeks of persistant usage to become addicted to heroin, it can make you psychologically addicted right from the start.

Well, first of all, the only withdrawls that will kill are from drugs that mess with the gaba system (alcohol, benzos).

Nicotine acts much like cocaine in the way it rewards your brain with a boost of dopamine (though nicotine will make you sick/dead before you can get very high on it). I knew a woman that claimed she was physically ill when she didn't get coke before she quit. I was skeptical because you'd have to be dosing every few hours for weeks to get to that point, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility (she was screwing a MAJOR dealer at the time).

And you can get withdrawls with less than two weeks herion use. Some people get them much quicker, it depends on alot of different factors.

I read a scientific study that said that it took 2 weeks of daily usage to form any type of physical addiction. This could also depend on how much you dose and how often you do it. But this probably refers to the average user. I was also just stating that you could die from withdrawal symptoms, not saying that all physically addicting drugs will kill you.

and cocaine shows no form of physical addiction, unlike nicotine. Its hard to believe, as a coke head has a harder time kicking his habit, but nicotine will show withdrawal symptoms, though not being anything that major.

Mental addiction is different from physical addiction, but im not saying that its easy to quit something that is only a mental addiction. Some people have a very hard time quitting pot, and do feel out of it for a few days. Its called coming back to reality, which could seem like a shock to a big pothead, or a coke head.

im not labelling anyone. Anything can be addictive, i dont think clinical guidlines are going to tell me otherwise. I know people addicted to playing video games, but their is no evidence that can link this claim. I am addicted to mind altering states. i love drugs, and i guess i am sort of addicted, though i can quit at any time for any length of time, i just choose not to. You can call me addicted. I like to listen to music and go to concerts and shit. i will never stop listening to music. I guess thats an addiction too. It is a controversial topic. All i was saying is that physical and mental addiction differ. they can both become serious.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3609392 - 01/10/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

smoking a bitch to quit. withdrawal is also pretty intence. i was all pissed off lol

--------------------

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: xxsoultonesxx]
    #3610530 - 01/10/05 11:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm addicted to smoking myself and have noticed that I don't like cigerettes when I'm shrooming, and actually last summer my friends parents took a bunch of mushies with them to jamaica for the soul purpose of quiting smoking. Don't know the exact details of what went on down there but they were gone about a month and since they've come back I haven't seen either of them smoking.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineShRooMHeAdJ
Stranger

Loc: NY
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: i_rage_against]
    #3611623 - 01/11/05 07:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

whenever i am on shrooms i NEED to smoke anything, especially ciggs ....thats just me though

--------------------
Holla

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: ShRooMHeAdJ]
    #3613781 - 01/11/05 04:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

5 cigarettes a day isnt moderation in my oppinion, and comparing them to a hardcore pack-a-day smoker doesnt make it moderate. compare it to someone who doesnt smoke, or at least something not that extreme.
thats like tryihng to justify coke use by saying "well i know a guy who sniffs up like 120 bucks a day, i only spend like 20"

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

#3613785 - 01/11/05 04:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Like i said in my first post, my opinion should be taken as a grain of sand, its just an opinion.

In my opinion im not addicted to cigarettes, i simply enjoy smoking, and monitor my habits so that i am not smoking a lot, Never once have I felt a craving for a ciggy.

If you want to say im addicted, you can its a free country.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Loc: Maryland
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3616256 - 01/12/05 01:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well to make this simple.

i used to smoke alot. i havnt touched pot in 6 months..why? shrooms. i was struggling to quit. i would quit for a month, then cave in and smoke for a month. i got ahold of an OZ of shrooms and that basically cured my mental addiction. all i did was take them and think about things.

i realized that if i want to get high it would be more special to do something like shrooms every couple of months than to get high all the time on something like pot. i realized that the days i smoked i accomplished nothing because i was baked.

after that it wasnt hard to quit and never go back. sometimes u can tell yourself these reasons, but until you truely FEEL them they dont mean anything.

so yes, shrooms can be a great tool to quit smoking pot.

--------------------

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

#3618715 - 01/12/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShRooMHeAdJ said:
whenever i am on shrooms i NEED to smoke anything, especially ciggs ....thats just me though

im the same way, especially bud for me, but i do crave ciggs, and im not a smoker. if i buy a pack i dont even smoke 2 a day, i go most days without any. i just buy it cause i know im gonna be tripping and ill have a bunch that night and bum em out to my friends. i actually start smoking cause of shrooms. now with bud, i smoke a lot when im tripping, i realized this and try to moderate myself, but when i trip, i really need to smoke and the day after too. i go through more when i do trip. some of my friends had 'spiritual experiences' while tripping that caused em to stop drugs, but of all the peopel i know, thats only 2. and theyve done A LOT of drugs prior.

Edited by empnero (01/12/05 02:54 PM)

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: empnero]
    #18551998 - 07/13/13 07:36 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say that I agree with CPT Insano. I myself used to smoke 5-7 cigarettes a day. However, there would be periods where I had no cigarettes for weeks on end. I never truely developed an addiction to nicotine. While tobacco has physically addictive properties, mental addiction, IMO is more prevalent. My father was an alcoholic for years, then poured the vodka down the drain one day and didn't ever drink again, now for 6 years. I have about 1-2 cigarettes a week, and only certain ones I enjoy. I do, however, habitually smoke marijuana. Not having it is a common occurance ATM in my area, and my worries about not having pot the next day is little to none. In the end, physical addiction has it's effects, but willpower is stronger than anything. As for using psychedelics for quitting addiction, I suppose that the trip can give you a more objective observation of your habit and whether it is better for you to quit.

Edited by Godfather1376 (07/13/13 07:38 AM)

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

Loc: O
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: Godfather1376]
    #18552001 - 07/13/13 07:37 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

8 year old thread :facepalm:

--------------------
:tard:

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: B_BOY]
    #18552005 - 07/13/13 07:39 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Wow i am a burnt ass, how is this at the top of the forum then?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder