Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Are you addicted??
    #886300 - 09/16/02 06:51 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I was simply curious as to how many people here are addicted to a substance or  has been  addicted... How people can get hooked on drugs has always interested me. Psychologically, phisically, whatever... Sorry if there are any errors in this post. I'm drunk, you all understand.  :smirk: peace

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineShroominSpradl
**ShroomerExtraordinaire**
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: Hashbury]
    #886508 - 09/16/02 07:59 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

theres never been addiction i couldn't handle!  :grin:

--------------------

All posts are merely fictional stories that I dreamt. Who woulda thought!

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #887270 - 09/17/02 05:28 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I'm currently taking a drug hiatus to clear out the cobwebs after I realized that I was getting cooked at every opportunity for no apparent reason. It started to be no fun to smoke MJ anymore. So I quit cold turkey for a 28-day period. I'm about half way through now and I feel great. I had two relapses (the first two days) but then I was out and didn't buy more. I hate to call it an addiction, but my behavior fit the description of a psychological addiction.

After the 28 days I will smoke again, but I've found that it's better (at least for me) as a non-daily or even once-daily thing.

I used to smoke cigarettes habitually but I would never say I was addicted to them. I've never craved a cigarette, but I fell into a routine. I had a compelling habit of having a cigarette at certain times during the day and stopping was surprisingly difficult, but only for the first few days. I now smoke once in a while and only buy packs when I'm having a night out with my smoking friends. I never got addicted because honestly, I don't like them THAT much. Most smokers I know LOVE cigarettes; I'm grateful that I don't think they're that special. Before I quit, many times I would just tear up my pack and throw it out in a fit of hatred because they make me feel sick sometimes. But I would always buy another pack, until one day when I really put my foot down.

Besides, cigarettes went up to $10.00  :shocked: a pack a few months ago. Fuck that.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #887465 - 09/17/02 07:49 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I am one of the lucky ciggerette smoking bastards as well. I've smoked alot but never actually got hooked. Like you mentioned, I began a routine of having a cigg. in the morning, at lunch and maybe 1 or 2 in the evening. Times have changed... So, now I buy a pack when there's an occasion (tripping, camping, road trip,etc). Really, I have no need for them, I just enjoy the act of it all.  :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #887514 - 09/17/02 08:09 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I used to be addicted to crystal meth. I was stayin up 3 or 4 nights a week for a couple of months. That was at the beginning of the year. I used to have dreams about doin speed and I would wake up craving it really bad. Every once in awhile I still have dreams about speed. I havn't done that shit in about 6 weeks and I don't ever wanna see that shit ever again. I just wanna stick to my herb, my fungus, and cacti.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #887865 - 09/17/02 10:35 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I can say I havnt really been adicted to anything.
- I smoked cigerettes for a while - the most I've fiended for a cig was when my friends around me all lit up at once. Then I just had this urge to smoke a cigerette. I stopped smoking for a while - then when I started again I just didnt enjoy it - so I quit completely.
- Sometimes I find myself getting blazed at any moment for no reason - then I usually quit for a few weeks and return to smoking herb once a week.

Is it possible to get addicted to the drug culture?

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#887873 - 09/17/02 10:37 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

yes to masturbating  :cool:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: T0aD]
    #887897 - 09/17/02 10:44 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

You dirty boy!
You will go blind! Oh, you already have -----> :cool:

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: T0aD]
    #888019 - 09/17/02 11:29 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

None of that damnit!  :crazy: At least you're honest about it... That's the first step. :smirk:

--------------------

OfflinePoopman
Man of Poop
Loc: Los Angeles
    #888470 - 09/17/02 02:09 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

The priest told me that if I touched myself, I would grow hair on my palms.  :frown: 

Offlinepsychomycul
Praise me for Iam great

#888522 - 09/17/02 02:24 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

First drug I ever woke up craving was mushrooms.  I'm trying to quit MJ with little luck.  I think my number of dosings made me accustomed to consuming mushrooms.  Unfortunately those days are gone forever.  My precious mushrooms :frown:

--------------------
It's All about the music

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#888644 - 09/17/02 02:58 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

the only thing i've ever gotten carried away with was ciggarettes.....

i think it'd be hard as hell to be addicted to mushrooms.....

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #888675 - 09/17/02 03:12 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Heheh oh yeah when I drop mushrooms I become a chain-smoking fiend for five hours. At LEAST a pack per trip.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #888757 - 09/17/02 03:46 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

At one time or another yes several! But not currently.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineSporecloud
fanatic

Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: Ripple]
    #890635 - 09/18/02 09:53 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

I have/had an addiction to crack for the past 10 years or so I am staying far far away from that evil shit these days and my life is SO much better now Its like gettind a 300% raise on your paycheck

Offline_unKle
An heart thatdeviseth wickedimaginations
Loc: Bonny Scotland
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #892460 - 09/19/02 04:03 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I'm currently taking a drug hiatus to clear out the cobwebs after I realized that I was getting cooked at every opportunity for no apparent reason. It started to be no fun to smoke MJ anymore. So I quit cold turkey for a 28-day period. I'm about half way through now and I feel great. I had two relapses (the first two days) but then I was out and didn't buy more. I hate to call it an addiction, but my behavior fit the description of a psychological addiction.
^
i know exactly what you mean cyberchump, thank god im over that now. Im still hopelessly addicted to nicotine tho  :frown: 

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: _unKle]
    #893075 - 09/19/02 11:03 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I dont think im addicted to anything. At one point in mylife i got carried away with smoking too much weed. I only did it cuz everyeone else around me is smoken up. Kinda hard to pass up the joint when your buddy is handing it to you and its smelling damn good.

I try and only burn down once a day now. Marijuana highs are soo much more rewarding when you space out the times you smoke. I get so much higher, longer lasting, and better overall high when i only smoke once a day.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: baraka]
    #894810 - 09/20/02 02:26 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Yes, to coffee.
A big mug with milk coffee in the morning and a tasty espresso when I come home after work. Hmm...I enjoy this very much.
But I never drink coke or take caffeine pills. I want the whole sensation of the coffee, the taste and the effect.
I allways buy expensive italian blends  :cool:
I never even tried to quit, do you think this would be hard? 

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: Ini]
    #895357 - 09/20/02 09:53 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

mmmmm.....coffee, yes, it would be very hard, for me anyway....cant do anything with out my coffee in the morning :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #895620 - 09/20/02 11:53 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

i was totally addicted to cigarretes for 7 years but now not!! thx god!
also i believe that i am addicted to caffeine but not in a very high level!
unfortunately i was addicted to e's for years but now not!

and my worse addiction which i still have is the damn cocaine!!! very bad drug! sray away from it!!!!!!!!

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #896540 - 09/21/02 01:36 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

well, i am a recovering alcy. but these days, i am only addicted to tobacco ( down to 1 1/2 packs a day now from 2-3) and caffeine ( at LEAST twelve 200 mg tablets a day + coffee & mt. dew)

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
Mr. Nice Guy
 User Gallery

#1335911 - 02/25/03 08:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Caffeine and Tobacco? Holy shit...I thought we were talking about real drugs here. I was addicted to coke for about 8 months, but I quit that when I went back to the states - while in the states, I took a very extreme 'liking' to meth for a little while...but just like everyone says, it was the fucking devil and I'm VERY happy that that shit is behind me. I drink coffee and smoke cigs all the time, but I wouldn't really call those drugs, and I absolutely wouldn't call myself addicted to them. Stay away from cocaine though ... it's addicting almost immediately...same with crack, but I've only done that once. :wink:
~~Peace 

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: Room4Shroom]
    #1336605 - 02/26/03 05:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Caffeine and Tobacco? Holy shit...I thought we were talking about real drugs here. I was addicted to coke for about 8 months, but I quit that when I went back to the states - while in the states, I took a very extreme 'liking' to meth for a little while...but just like everyone says, it was the fucking devil and I'm VERY happy that that shit is behind me. I drink coffee and smoke cigs all the time, but I wouldn't really call those drugs, and I absolutely wouldn't call myself addicted to them. Stay away from cocaine though ... it's addicting almost immediately...same with crack, but I've only done that once. :wink:
~~Peace 

ha! regular use? saying, i'm not addicted? ha that IS addiction buddy. just because it is not ruining your life doesn't mean your not addicted. hell, you can be addicted to non-chemicals. your in denial. ok, so your not addicted? fine, just stop doing it, completely, cold-turkey, for 3 weeks straight. than after that 3 weeks come back and tell me you had no withdrawal and you still feel you were not addicted.

on another note: you sound like you have an addictive personality ("it's addicting almost immediately) as I HATE pretty much all speeds. I've tried coke maybe 3 times and high powered meth and glass twice. also crack twice. every time I was like what the fuck do you people find enjoyable or god forbid, addicting about this shit?!?! i'm sure you can force yourself to build some kind of dependance ont hat shit but it seems to me you would have to WANT tojust like ciggarettes. nobody takes their first drag on a cig and goes ahhhhh, that was sooo smoooth man THIS is what I'm gonna do from now on. no, they choke and shit but for some perverse reason continue to force it down till they think they like it and are addicted. if your addicted, it is because you WANT to be (crack-babies are excused from this).

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1338229 - 02/26/03 04:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I hate cigs.

Once in a while, if i get REAL REAL REAL baked, and everyone is smoking around me, ill get an odd feeling of wanting to smoke a cig, I always get over it by the second drag.

I used to be addicted to caffine, but its easy to get un addicted, but even easier to get addicted again. I have been on and off it like 5 times, I am not addicted now, but am on the road again, drinking 3-4 sodas a day. I have been staying away from coffee tho, so i think I am safe for a while.

never did caffine pills.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlineskabbo
ModifiedOrganism

Loc: NE US
    #1338238 - 02/26/03 04:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ive had phases with drugs, where i would take one drug frequently for a short amount of time, then stop. The only real, long term addiction i ever formed out of it was from K. 2-5x a day, almost every day, for months and months. Ive cut way back on it, but I have cravings for it like nothing else. Other than that, I smoked pot almost daily for a few years, but on occasions when I'd have to go without it, no withdrawl symptons were noticed, and I wasnt craving it so I guess it aint an addiction.

--------------------
http://www.GetPlayed.com
Shamelessly getting amateur musicians some play

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1338463 - 02/26/03 06:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I am addicted to nothing. NOTHING. I abstain from tabacco and caffine, and have done a variety of drugs. I was psychologically addicted to marijuana, but once i learned to sleep without it...which was grueling, ive come to grips with it, i went all of december without a toke, and have gone about another 3 weeks without a toke, it rarely even enters my mind anymore. If i was to say im addicted to anything, the internet would be the first and only thing to come to mind...and i would just find it frustrating to live without.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineleelu
Loc: winnipeg + Georgia
    #1338575 - 02/26/03 07:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ohhh dude!! I feel like i'm in some kind if convention. "my n ame is leelu and i'm addicted to crystel meth, ice, whatever you wanna call it." I was in the hospital after this one party, I didn't even go hard and it was the first time doin it in about 5 months. It was crazy! My blood started pooling in my hands and feet. My face turned purple. Aparrantly I was close to a stroke and going into cardiac arrest. I almost had a heart attack!!!! And then i move down to where the ICE is flowing, like the polar caps are melting!!

--------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
Mr. Nice Guy
 User Gallery

#1338632 - 02/26/03 07:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ha! regular use? saying, i'm not addicted? ha that IS addiction buddy. just because it is not ruining your life doesn't mean your not addicted. hell, you can be addicted to non-chemicals. your in denial. ok, so your not addicted? fine, just stop doing it, completely, cold-turkey, for 3 weeks straight. than after that 3 weeks come back and tell me you had no withdrawal and you still feel you were not addicted.

on another note: you sound like you have an addictive personality ("it's addicting almost immediately) as I HATE pretty much all speeds. I've tried coke maybe 3 times and high powered meth and glass twice. also crack twice. every time I was like what the fuck do you people find enjoyable or god forbid, addicting about this shit?!?! i'm sure you can force yourself to build some kind of dependance ont hat shit but it seems to me you would have to WANT tojust like ciggarettes. nobody takes their first drag on a cig and goes ahhhhh, that was sooo smoooth man THIS is what I'm gonna do from now on. no, they choke and shit but for some perverse reason continue to force it down till they think they like it and are addicted. if your addicted, it is because you WANT to be (crack-babies are excused from this).

First and definitely foremost - you are not my buddy. Second, with the way you spell and speak, I find it hard to believe that you only tried crack twice - just for future reference, there's a "Check spelling" button next to the "continue" button...use it. One more thing, learn the contraction of you + are = you're ... not "your" You fucking idiot - trying to explain to me like I'm a fucking two year old that I'm in denial and have no idea what I'm talking about. Obviously you have no idea what the hell you're saying. Furthermore, you have no idea the amount of cocaine that I have done in the past and at a single sitting...obviously "3 times" isn't going to get you hooked...and what the fuck is "high powered meth?" Crack...twice...again, very likely that you're talking out of your ass, but for the sake of argument, twice is not necessarily going to get you hooked. When I said "it's addicting almost immediately" I was not talking about one hit...I was talking about a short amount of time, doing it on a consistent basis. And what the fuck did you mean with all that rambling and bullshit about cigarettes? By the way, that's "cigarettes" not "ciggarettes" ... could you contractive yourself a little more? You clearly support what I'm saying as I try to get across to you that one does not become addicted after one cigarette, one line of cocaine, one hit of "high powered meth" or a fucking bowl filled with crack - you develop an addiction over time...an addiction that you would not understand because you have not done a drug enough to actually become dependent on the shit...and speaking about becoming dependent...I love the "(crack-babies are excused from this)" comment. Where the hell do you think crack-babies get this addiction from? From their fucking host mother who is addicted to crack! Wow - what a fucking concept that is. This is pointless - you're obviously an idiot and I'm tired of wasting my time. Don't act like you know me, because you don't - and you never will ... so shut the fuck up with your stupid ignorant bullshit comments
Peace

Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Loc: Norway
    #1339088 - 02/27/03 01:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm addicted to weed, I share a  joint with a friend every evening now to keep it on the low(sometimes it goes over the line)... thats the only thing I'm addicted to.  I smoke cigarettes, but the only time it really satisfies me is after a good meal or when I'm hyper on Ritalin or coffee or something.  Other than that I smoke cigarettes with company, just because its social, but usually it goes 2-3 days before I buy a new pack.  When I shroom I gotta be sure I have a pack  :cool:  Then I chain smoke. 

Sometimes it can be a beautiful day and I feel great and the birds are singing...etc... and I feel like DYING for a few shrooms, but usually I just read a few trip reports if there are no shrooms in the area, he he. 

--------------------
Dont take drugs to get fucked up, take psychedelics to learn...

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1339118 - 02/27/03 01:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Luckily I haven't been seriously hooked on anything in my life. I had a stint with cigs at about 13-14 when I would smoke with others, as some sort of stupid rebellious thing. I outgrew it and got sick of it - it NEVER made me feel good, not once. So I had no problem kicking that habit. The only thing that I've been slightly addicted to is weed. It's never been much of a problem, I've just been smoking it more than I normally would. When you have nothing to do at night, and you have no job to get up for you tend to get in the habit of going out and having a smoke every night. I finally ran out, which is good, and I'm taking a break to clear up some tolerance once again. Haven't seriously fiended for it though which is good, because the day when I take a break from pot and I seriously can't go a day without it will be a sad day. Thankfully I don't have a very addictive personality and don't use any other drugs, apart from LSD and shrooms on odd occassions when I can obtain some for a special event.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1339694 - 02/27/03 08:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

First and definitely foremost - you are not my buddy. Second, with the way you spell and speak, I find it hard to believe that you only tried crack  twice - just for future reference, there's a "Check spelling" button next to the "continue" button...use it. One more thing, learn the contraction of you + are = you're ... not "your" You fucking idiot - trying to explain to me like I'm a fucking two year old that I'm in denial and have no idea what I'm talking about. Obviously you have no idea what the hell you're saying. Furthermore, you have no idea the amount of cocaine that I have done in the past and at a single sitting...obviously "3 times" isn't going to get you hooked...and what the fuck is "high powered meth?" Crack...twice...again, very likely that you're talking out of your ass, but for the sake of argument, twice is not necessarily going to get you hooked. When I said "it's addicting almost immediately" I was not talking about one hit...I was talking about a short amount of time, doing it on a consistent basis. And what the fuck did you mean with all that rambling and bullshit about cigarettes? By the way, that's "cigarettes" not "ciggarettes" ... could you contractive yourself a little more? You clearly support what I'm saying as I try to get across to you that one does not become addicted after one cigarette, one line of cocaine, one hit of "high powered meth" or a fucking bowl filled with crack - you develop an addiction over time...an addiction that you would not understand because you have not done a drug enough to actually become dependent on the shit...and speaking about becoming dependent...I love the "(crack-babies are excused from this)" comment. Where the hell do you think crack-babies get this addiction from? From their fucking host mother who is addicted to crack! Wow - what a fucking concept that is. This is pointless - you're obviously an idiot and I'm tired of wasting my time. Don't act like you know me, because you don't - and you never will ... so shut the fuck up with your stupid ignorant bullshit comments
Peace

wow, sorry i offend you with my splleing ( :smile: ). sorry i don't really give a fuck how it looks as long as you can tell what i'm saying. sorry, i thought maybe we could be like little forum buddies where we have somewhat civil discussions. thank you for proving the very point that i was making: you have to WANT to get addicted to something, which is why you do it over and over and over until you ARE addicted. thank you for showing me what an asshole you are so that i know never to have any association with you again. oh, and by the way, i DO understand addiction. I have been very much addicted to dextromethorphan. i did upwards of 2 grams per day for several months. i admit that i did not care enough about my life at the time to avoid becoming addicted to it and knew full well that it had addictive potential. and your argument against crack babies being excused makes no sense. of course they are excused. the mother WANTED to be an addict. the baby didn't have that choice. that WAS my point. oh, and don't tell me to shut up. this is a discussion forum and unless you are a mod/admin who has the authority to silence me by banning me or editing my posts then your are just spouting some really stupid shit. obviously you think that your opinion is all that matters. oh, say what you will, i'm through with this off-topic meandering brought on by your raging and will not respond.

edit: i find it interesting that you jump all over me for addressing you as buddy when i know nothing about you but yet you do the same thing towards others:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum6&Number=1334869&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=1334827&Search=true#Post1334869

edit2: and http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=1326630&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=And&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=1326582&Search=true#Post1326630
and
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum6&Number=1329464&Forum=All_Forums&Words=bud&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=1329374&Search=true#Post1329464
and
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=1318268&Forum=All_Forums&Words=bud&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=1318256&Search=true#Post1318268

edit3: after perusing your posts on this board I am a bit confused as to why reacted to me so harshly. i didn't feel as though i was talking down to you "like a 2 year old", which means I wasn't (since that was not my intention), it was just your perception. i am truly sorry if I said something that truly offended you. please let me know what I specifically posted that was so offensive as to warrant calling me names and insulting my intelligence. i have browsed several posts with bad spelling/grammar that you have replied to without you jumping on their cases. you have even responded warmly to me in the past. i still hold the opinion that daily use of caffeine and nicotine is an addiction. in my experiences with other people (and that would include my wife), when you point out a person is addicted they react rather harshly and pick apart everything you've said to divert attention from your point about their addiction. i am not saying that is what you are doing. i am simply relating my personal experiences. you get pissed at me for making assumptions about you based on what you post yet you are guilty of the same trespass when you assume that I am of lower intelligence because I don't make a picture perfect (grammatically speaking) post or that i am lying about previous drug use or that i do not understand anything concerning addiction.

Edited by debianlinux (02/27/03 08:54 AM)

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
Mr. Nice Guy
 User Gallery

#1339854 - 02/27/03 09:19 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Woah -  I "have serious issues with people who don't talk to you EXACTLY the way you'd like to be approached AND you have serious issues with the way you respond to those people?" Check yourself buddy - I explained to you why I responded to you the way I did, and I don't necessarily have a problem with people who don't talk to me exactly the I'd like to be approached...but I DO have a big problem with people who are complete and total assholes. I was VERY simply writing a few sentences, responding to the post - and you come out of no where and specifically target me like I'm an idiot. "don't tell me to shut up. this is a discussion forum"....I like how you explain to me that this is a public discussion board where people can talk to eachother freely, then tell me that you refuse to even come back here to read what I write in response to your comment. I didn't actually expect you to shut up and not talk...I simply wanted for you to make a little more sense with what you were saying, because it was painful to read the stupid ignorant shit that you were saying. Well, I'm just taking a shot in the dark here - but I'm guessing that you will eventually read this at one point or another...so here's what I have to say...
To start, I am very VERY far from being an asshole. Being "forum buddies" is fine with me...I don't want to have any enemies here - but the reason I jumped all over your rambling in the previous post was because of the way you tried to make me look like a fucking idiot and that I had no idea what I was talking about. Telling me that I'm in denial, and fucking challenging me to stay off caffeine and tobacco ... "your in denial. ok, so your not addicted? fine, just stop doing it, completely, cold-turkey, for 3 weeks straight. than after that 3 weeks come back and tell me you had no withdrawal and you still feel you were not addicted." How the hell would you react to that? I've never fucking talked to you before and yet you seem to know everything about me and my "addictive personality," including my so-called "dependence" on tobacco and caffeine. Personally, I think what we are arguing over is completely retarded - Normally I wouldn't even waste my time responding to this...but I have to make a couple things clear...
I don't know why you continue to drive at this point, like I don't agree with you or something... : "you would have to WANT tojust like ciggarettes" & "if your addicted, it is because you WANT to be" & "you have to WANT to get addicted to something" & "the mother WANTED to be an addict" etc, etc, etc. I never specifically said that I didn't agree with you that addiction could be something that one wanted...I did, however, say that some drugs have the potential to become addicting quickly when I said "Stay away from cocaine though ... it's addicting almost immediately...same with crack, but I've only done that once." Some drugs faster than others - such as crack...a mother only has to smoke crack ONCE in order to put a baby at risk of being born a 'crack baby.' I never said anything referring to your comment about WANTING to become addicted...
This is retarded - I apologize for responding the way I did - There is no reason to fight over something so stupid and irrelevant ... I just don't like people to claim that they know everything about me when they don't.
Fuck it - I have to go ... feel free to respond after you read this :wink: I'm sorry again...I am not a complete dick, I was having a shitty day and coming home to read what you initially wrote was not exactly what I wanted to see - nonetheless, I apologize for having such a quick temper earlier.
Peace 

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
    #1339875 - 02/27/03 09:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

whats bad is i jump from addiction to addiction while being steadily addicted to a few other things also.

--------------------

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
Mr. Nice Guy
 User Gallery

#1340205 - 02/27/03 11:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the PM - I appreciate it. Sorry for being such a complete asshole. Definitely no hard feelings --

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1340347 - 02/27/03 11:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

We're all addicted to lots of things. If you think you're not, then you're fooling yourself.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #1340564 - 02/27/03 01:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Cigarettes, on and off a few years
Methamphetamine (the long road to derangement) 3 years
Heroin 4 years +counting (somewhat on and off at times)
Cocaine - a good part of 2000, for some reason i cant get addicted to it anymore, even when i do it like a fiend
Caffiene probably like 9 or 10 years +counting

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

Edited by Lyena (02/27/03 01:06 PM)

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #1340666 - 02/27/03 01:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I thought of this lots of times. But I think I am not really addicted AT LEAST to drugs. I haven't tripped for more than 7 months and just smoke some mj once 1-2 weeks even 1 month. The "thing" I got visible addicted was my x girlfriend.  :smile:(I am surprised nobody mention this). I still think of her, now, after 2 years. I may say I have a lot of habbits.. don't know if they are addictions or not. I like to stay on the net a lot.  :grin:

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
Mr. Nice Guy
 User Gallery

Re: Are you addicted?? [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #1341402 - 02/27/03 08:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I would just like to reinforce the fact that debianlinux is a good guy - and I was being a complete and total asshole/dick earlier in this post. I'm very sorry for my stupidity and short temper...
Peace~~

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1341808 - 02/28/03 02:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i have to say that room4shroom came around and we have resolved our differences. no hard feelings. hell, we're even forum buddies now. :grin: i, too, apologize for wording my post in such a way as to be construed as inflammatory.

OfflineCrayzzieShroomz
the MilkMAnne...

#1342658 - 02/28/03 11:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You are sooooo right...I've been smoking cigs and haven't gotten addicted. Its all mental. The act is what gets you hooked not the taste or chemical in it. Thats what I think at least....

--------------------
You live and You SHROOM......

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom