Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelaovienax
Stranger
too wet
    #1851888 - 08/26/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hi,

i recently purchased a grow kit; the mycel came with it, the cakes in aluminium boxes; now, when i received it the mycel had not yet overgrown the whole of the substrate in the aluminium boxes (which are open on the top and placed inside the box to let the mycel grow);

the instructions required me to fill the box with water to guarantee the right humidity; the aluminium boxes with the growing mycel are floating in the water; now, while three boxes are increasingly overgrown with mycel at the top of the alu-box (B+), three others do not show any progress;

the substrate in one of the boxes that show no progress is thoroughly and completely WET; water must have come into the box somehow (as it was standing on the side of the box i suspect that condensated water that ran down on the side of the box slowly leaked into the alu-box with the substrate/mycel)

- is there any way to save the mycel in the alu-container where the substrate (and the little mycel on the bottom of the substrate) is completely wet?

- is there any way to save the mycel in the alu-containers which are partly wet and show no mycel growth since a couple of days?

- do you think (as i do) that the technique of placing mycel-aluminium boxes in water to create the right humidity in the container is a bit strange?

i would appreciate any help,
laovienax

Edited by laovienax (08/26/03 03:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedarkmaula
Re: too wet [Re: laovienax]
    #1852010 - 08/26/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

dont waste your money on kits man grow your own and you wont have as many questions on what the hell is going on, since youll be doing everything

OfflineTheSwazi
just anothershroomer
Loc: U.S.A.
Re: too wet [Re: darkmaula]
    #1852372 - 08/26/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

kits are a waste of money...................................trust me...............find a beginner tech................it's much cheaper and you will be happier.

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: too wet [Re: TheSwazi]
    #1852463 - 08/26/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dont let them discourage you man. Try your best. But yes in the future use the pf tek. Its better by far. More fun too! And its not hard at all. Plus youll find plenty of help here on any questions with pf.

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Offlinelaovienax
Stranger
Re: too wet [Re: MOE.shrooms]
    #1852512 - 08/26/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i appreciate your replies, but unfortunately you did not help me at all;

i am aware that most grow kits are a rip-off; i have successfully grown shrooms before without a kit; but this time i just lack the time to go through the whole cycle of making jars with substrate, letting the mycel grow etc. hence i bought a kit that promised results within 2 weeks;

i'd really appreciate if someone could help me out with my questions;

thanks
laovienax

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

Re: too wet [Re: laovienax]
    #1852545 - 08/26/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Be sterile and get the wet cake out of that water an you might be ok....where did you get a grow kit that has aluminium container ? I would like to see that :smile:

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck