Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKhaosKronik
Farmer
Loc: The ever incroching polic...
Drying in bulk
    #1850212 - 08/25/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Say you were producing 40 to 60 wet lbs a week. Now, a chemical dessicant like dry-z-air that most used with cakes will no longer work because it would take a god awful amount of the stuff. Does anyone know a good mechanical method to dry? Build it or buy it? Any other thoughts on drying? I prefer to eat my stuff wet but its much more difficult to measure dose level.

--------------------
All post are works of fiction and are the products of an insane and derranged mind; mainly mine. SoRrY,,., I'Ve BeNN OFFF my mEdsSS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZeppelin
I'm Gonna BurnOne Down.

Re: Drying in bulk [Re: KhaosKronik]
    #1850218 - 08/25/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe a commercial food dehydrator?

--------------------
I'm afraid of losing my obscurity.
Genuineness only thrives in the dark.

Like celery. ~Aldous Huxley

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#1850221 - 08/25/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Set up a drying rack with lots of fans underneight blowing up and have a light shining down. I dunno get creative :laugh: mby use a combination of both. Fan drying/Dessicants

Anonymous

Post deleted by papaver [Re: whole9]
    #1850314 - 08/26/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Drying in bulk [Re: ]
    #1850399 - 08/26/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i have heard of people using 75 watt heat lamps and a slight air flow to dry them in about 24 hours....just a thought.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

#1850400 - 08/26/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

A fan...and dessicant of some kind to finish the job

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
Re: Drying in bulk [Re: TxTec]
    #1850486 - 08/26/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

Offlinephilnweird
highroller
    #1850756 - 08/26/03 07:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My friend harvests about that much every week. He uses an old dresser which he took the bottoms out of each drawer and replaced them with window screen. He cut a hole in the top in which he mounted a squirrel cage fan. At the bottom he cut a big hole and placed a furnace filter over it cause it gets messy with the dried casing material and spores blowing all over. He loads up the drawers, closes them up, turns on the fan and the load dries in approximately two days. Try it.

Anonymous

#1850845 - 08/26/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

get two large boxfans.

prop the fans up by the sides so that they are pointing straight up and have a few inches below them. you want airflow. for the first couple of days, run the fans on high and put your mush ontop of them.

after they are semi dry, they should go into a dessicator of some type to get the rest of the water out. (if it's dry out, like if you live in an aird climate or it's winter time, fan drying alone may be enough).

if you build a large dessicator unit that is completely enclosed but has a small fan inside circulating air, that can dry a large amount pretty fast.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1851041 - 08/26/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

desiccant isn't that expensive and it's well worth drying that much properly.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineRavinoff
LethargicSnorting Duck

Re: Drying in bulk [Re: GregHimself]
    #1851079 - 08/26/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"i have heard of people using 75 watt heat lamps and a slight air flow to dry them in about 24 hours....just a thought. "

Do not do this!! Heat kills the potency, as does large amounts of light(or so I've heard)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1851084 - 08/26/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Air dry real well , and yes 5 lbs of dessicant will finish the job . Yes you may need to replace damp rid before drying another batch , but it will still do the job .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineKhaosKronik
Farmer
Loc: The ever incroching polic...
Re: Drying in bulk [Re: philnweird]
    #1851351 - 08/26/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, so many different dryng methods. I know you can heat a chemical dessicant in the oven to dry it out again, but i don't wanna have to deal with fumes. The idea with the chest of drawers is really great, it even looks sort of inconspicious (at least less so than spreading it out all over the place). I have also heard that light and heat both destroy psilocyben, but i'm not to what extent. As i understand it most psycotropic compounds such as psilocyben and LSD are very unstable and break down easily in light and heat.

Thanks
Da Kronik

--------------------
All post are works of fiction and are the products of an insane and derranged mind; mainly mine. SoRrY,,., I'Ve BeNN OFFF my mEdsSS

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #1851682 - 08/26/03 02:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

For $40 at wal-mart AFOAF got a food dehydrator with different temperature settings. The lowest one, 95 degrees is fine for shrooms (probably the higher settings would too, but no reason to risk it.)

It is expandable to 12 racks, but comes with 4. With those 4, it fits a little more than a fresh kilo. Packed that full, I'd allow two days to dry.

So one of these with 12 racks could do ~30 lbs a week. If two of these would work for you, it would be a much simpler and easier solution than trying to construct something and probably moving that many shrooms if you had different stages -- vs. just throwing them in these wet & waiting till they're cracker.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlinedarkmaula
Re: Drying in bulk [Re: Tantalus]
    #1852029 - 08/26/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

tantalus, heat destroys the active chemicals

enough said

OfflineTheSwazi
just anothershroomer
Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Drying in bulk [Re: Tantalus]
    #1852337 - 08/26/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The Wal-Mart food dehydrator is the best way to go. The one with the temp gauge works great. In just a day or possibly two at the most you can load up quite a bit. It has different shelving and stuff to spread it out. If you are going to use this though you need to cut the temperature wire or just snip the heat coil so that there is no heat involved. Otherwise you potency will be greatly reduced.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale