Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Nausea on Ayahuasca?
    #1832909 - 08/20/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard that ayahuasca makes some people violently sick :razz:.  What chemicals are responsible for this?  Are there any websites that have a body weight/recommended dose calculator?  I'm planning on getting a Psychotria viridis plant from a certain website.  Could I smoke the leaves and get any effect?  If I do have to mix it, I'll probably mix it with powdered Syrian rue seeds.  Any recommended music?

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: Funguy]
    #1833131 - 08/20/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well...
the harmine/harmaline/THH have some gut-churning potentiality...
and the DMT (oral or even smoked) can mess up yr tummy as well...
bitter stuff like tannins & other chems in the pant material can also queeze ya up a bit...
~
smoking the leaves would prolly not do much --- you need to get 25 -50 mg dmt into your bloodstream within 90 seconds, and that would involve an awful lot of leafage...
~
erowid & lycaeum have info on the chems & on the plantstuff, etc... and ayahuasca.com is a BB dedicated to the sacred brew, with discussion of plants, recipes, diets, trip-techs, etcetcetc...
~
powdered syrian rue seeds will give you plenty of other chems along with the desired MAOi chems... an extract can isolate the betacarbolines (as crude hydrochloride salts) from the other stuff in there, and a fairly easy (kitchen-level) tech involves only vinegar, water, and table salt...
~
the seeds are prolly the richest source of the chems, but... the caapi vine has a different alkaloid profile from the harmel seeds... and thus a different "feel" to the journeying, eh?
~
as to dosing specs, well... depends on your weight, the strength of the plantstuff, the method of preparation, the state of your body/mind, and apparently quite a few other factors as well...
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1833882 - 08/20/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> ayahuasca makes some people violently sick

I know at least one person that it makes violently sick, but to be honest, it isn't that bad... the taste is much worse than the ten minutes of hard core purging... this is with cappi/mimosa, I cannot speak for other mixtures.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSkunkman
unbeknownst
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: Seuss]
    #1836964 - 08/21/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I dont see why you would wanna smoke/eat (snort?) a nasty tasting substance and then probably puke/be sick the whole experience...thats not my idea of a good time lol

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: Skunkman]
    #1838185 - 08/21/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Puking is your body purging itself of bad vibes. Your not sick the whole experience, usually just at the beginning.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: Skunkman]
    #1838273 - 08/21/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thats not my idea of a good time lol

Perhaps people utilize the vine for more than just entertainment and kicks :smile: 

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: Xochitl]
    #1841313 - 08/22/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

a good time does not mean "just entertainment and kicks "

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: Funguy]
    #1847660 - 08/25/03 06:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Funguy said:
I've heard that ayahuasca makes some people violently sick :razz:.  What chemicals are responsible for this?  Are there any websites that have a body weight/recommended dose calculator?  I'm planning on getting a Psychotria viridis plant from a certain website.  Could I smoke the leaves and get any effect?  If I do have to mix it, I'll probably mix it with powdered Syrian rue seeds.  Any recommended music? 

If you do ayahuasca, you're gonna puke -- it's part of the experience, really.  %)

Usually, nausea comes on as you're coming up, and rises as you peak.  One minute, you're okay, five minutes later, you're starting to see geometric fire around everything and lurching to the toilet.  After you puke, the nausea goes away, and leaves you with one of the cleanest trips I've ever experienced.

You're not going to be nauseous the whole time if you just give in and puke when you know you have to.  :smile: 

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: Sev]
    #1847860 - 08/25/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you do ayahuasca, you're gonna puke -- it's part of the experience, really. %)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not necessarily true. The only time I puked was the last time I did it. I used rue and mimosa, and my last dosing was the most intense one I had. The funny thing was except for the beginning when I scarfed down my bitches brew, I wasn't nausea for four hours. Then while I was laying down, I just had the urge to do so, I fought unsuccesfully for about a minute, made it to the toilet and puked. This wasn't just an ordinary puke though, lord no. I probably puked up an ounce of wet, matted mimosa fibers, it felt like throwing up something solid. The best way to describe it is hacking up a hairball. It probably looked to an observer as me taking a crap out of my mouth. However, I felt magnificent after this was completed. Strangely, my roomate and other friend who took just as much as me didn't puke either. I don't know why my one freind didn't, but my theory on my roomate not puking is that he is a vegeterian, and is probably used to a high deal of "fiber" in his diet. Well, that's my take on Ayahuasca. Also, smoking the rue seems to work well and reduce nausea, but I don't know if smoked rue lasts as long as orally ingested.

Offlinegardentoad
gardener
Female
Loc: CA
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: biglo]
    #1848079 - 08/25/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I delayed taking the brew for 2 years because of this consideration. When my interest finally overcame my reluctance I found that the nausea was a very minor part of the experience. I just didn't resist the purge..very short easy...I asked myself the question "what do I want to get rid of?" and "what do I want less of in my life?" and got a very interesting take on the answer. :tongue2: 

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: biglo]
    #1850715 - 08/26/03 06:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Huh, I envy you.  It'd be nicer if I didn't puke every time I did it. :wink:

What kind of preparation did you do? 

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinesalazare
fan_of_shrooms
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: Sev]
    #1906822 - 09/11/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

a simple question, if you puke with just any drug aint it supposed to reduce the force/lenght of the trip?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: salazare]
    #1907519 - 09/11/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've puked from it and many phenethylamines many times and it didn't reduce the trip for me, after about 2 hours it's pretty well absorbed into the blood and whatever you throw up probably is low in concentration of actual drug. Neglible difference in quality i'd say.

Offlinesalazare
fan_of_shrooms
Re: Nausea on Ayahuasca? [Re: neuro]
    #1909325 - 09/12/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

nice thanks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale