Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Mimosa Hostilis, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Mimosa hostilis experience information and lessons
    #1515014 - 05/02/03 03:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Alrighty, as promised I'm going to lend some of my observations and lessons to those who wish to learn more about yage.  First of all, I would like to give a round of applause to Entheomation for sending a free ounce of syrian rue seeds for my journies, free of charge.  I recieved 4 oz's of mimosa hostilis root bark from bouncing bear botanicals for 40 bucks. (which included a free gram of salvia divinorum 5X, that stuff is really powerful, but that story is for another time and place :smile: )  My first experiment with the mimosa was rather unpleasant and futile.  I blended up about 3 strips of bark ~ 20 g,  and about 4 g's of syrian rue seeds.  The bark was shredded up in a blender and the seeds were soaked in some water.  More water was used than needed, and the foul stuff really taxed my stomach and will to get down.  I waited, felt something for about 10 minutes, and then that was it. 

Lesson Number 1: The lesson learned was that the seeds needed ground up better.

The second time I spent about two hours crushing seeds up with a screwdriver and breaking the bark up with my fingers.  This trip was successful.  I had nausea for a while but it disappeared after I started tripping.  Visuals were similar to acid and shrooms, with objects appearing to move slightly out of the corner of my eyes, and patterns stood out, however, there wasn't any swirling occuring that usually occurs with shrooms or acid.  The effects lasted for about three hours, and I was in a creative and spontaneous mood while I was tripping and afterwards as well.  Most of my time spent tripping was done so by myself, and it was fairly enjoyable.

Lesson 2:  This stuff DOES work, but better preperation methods are needed.

The third time I tried the bark I did so with a friend.  We went to downtown Pittsburgh for a visit in Oakland. We decided to dose on the way there, and the car ride made the nausea from the rue a lil more poignant.  Also, we decided to mix the rue and mimosa together.  This made the effects come on slower and more subtlely.  The visuals weren't as intense as the second time, but there was a definite body buzz, especially since we decided to do more syrian rue seeds and we smoked a good bit of the seeds, which was actually suprisingly pleasant.  Although the visuals weren't as intense, we found we had a suprising appreciation of the architecture of the city, especially when we went to the cathedral of learning at Pitt.  Although it wasn't a psychedelic journey, it did make for a rather pleasant and interesting evening.

Lessons 3 and 4:  It seems easier to dose the rue seeds before the mimosa is drunk.  Combining the two seems to increase the nastiness two fold.  Syrian rue is actually quite pleasant to smoke, it isn't too harsh on the lungs and gives a nice relaxed feeling, and also help with the nausea somewhat.

Finally, the last of the root bark was consumed the other night.  Myself and three friends decided to finish off the rue and bark.  However, this time we decided we were going to do things the right way.  We went to Wal-Mart and purchased a pepper grinder and cheese grater so that preparing the seeds and bark would be more efficient and easier to do.  The syrian rue seeds were effectively taken care of by the pepper grinder.  The key is to grind the seeds with a very small downward angle, the shaker should be almost horizontal, yet still pointing downward somewhat.  This insures that the seeds are properly ground and powderized before they some out of the shaker.  The cheese grater was a different story, with a lot of work and effort we got maybe 10 grams of rott bark powder, but it was taking too long and too much effort to do so.  Thus we decided to break the rest of the bark up into small pieces and blended them.  A little less than 2 ounces of bark was used, and about 2 1/2 cups of water were added.  Each person took about a gram of the powdered rue, and a bowl of powder was smoked as well.  The root bark brew was unstrained, but the mush was allowed to stay at the bottom, and only the liquid was poured off into each person's cup, about a lil more than a 1/2 cup per person.  Now this is where things get scary.  One friend is on Prozac, which is an SSRI.  She told me that she hadn't taken it for four days, so I assumed that it would be safe for her to take the syrian rue, which is an MAOI.  I was WRONG.  According to a junkie friend that although is quite useless as a person, but has a VAST knowledge of every pharmaceutical known to man, SSRI's take weeks to build up in a person's system, and traces can be found of them for YEARS in people that take them regularly.  He really made me realize what a mistake I had made.  Needless to say, she threw up fairly quickly from the seeds, and had a bad reaction to the seeds, sending her into a bad mood and trip for the night.  Fortunately, Syrian rue is more forgiving than prescription MAOI's, so she wasn't in too much danger of having serious problems.

Lesson 5:
Seriously people, if you are on an SSRI, DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!  SSRI'S AND MAOI'S DO NOT MIX!!!  PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!!! 

The guilt and horror I felt while tripping was really horrible, and my ego took a crushing blow and made me feel like shit for a while.  She stayed up all night and had a muddled mind, but fortunately that was all that happened.  However, I didn't feel like shit all night, and enjoyed some of the visuals, one of which was entirely new to me.  It seemed that there were black trails, almost like shadows around the edge of objects whenever I moved my eyes side to side fairly quickly.  I've never experienced this phenomenon on acid or shrooms.  Lucid thoughts kept creeping into my mind, yet my brain didn't feel like it was racing along at the speed of light like it does when Im on acid.  I had nausea on and off for most of the trip, and eventually I had to puke about 4 hours into the trip.  The worst part was it was like barfing up a hariball, as all the fibers from the root bark had clumped together.  The stuff is fairly rough on your digestive system.  My roomate didn't puke, I suspect because he is a vegeterian and is used to a hgih fiber diet. :smile:  The last hour of my trip was spent relaxing, trying to go to sleep.  Although it was a little frustrating not being able to fall asleep, I didn't feel the desperation that I sometimes feel when I try to go to sleep at the endings of an acid or shroom trip.  The syrian rue seems to make things more relaxing and less prone to doing desperate things.  I finally drifted off to sleep about an hour after I layed down.

Final Parting Lessons:

0 Don't mix SSRI's and MAOI's
0 The finer the better.
0 Pepper grinder for seeds.
0 Try to powderize the bark if you can, the next best thing to do is break it up finely and let it soak overnight.  I also add a couple vitamin C tablets to help with the extracting
0 I find that the mimosa brew is more potent if it is unstrained, but you don't have to chug down large chunks of bark for it to be effective
0 If you take a large dose, expect to puke
0 Don't mix SSRI's and MAOI's
0 Smoking rue is actually quite pleasant and helps out nausea and trip strength.
0 The recipe I found most effective:

1 gram powderized Syrian rue seeds, mixed with just a tiny bit of water so you can take it down in one shot, don't try diluting it with lots of water, it only makes for more nastiness to down.  Take this concoction about 15 mnutes beforehand.

15 grams of root bark, ground as fine or broke up as well as possible.  I also add two vitamin C tablets to acidify the concoction.

A little more than 1/2 cup of water to soak the mimosa in.

1/8 cup of sugar, to make the mimosa more pleasant to down.

Well, that's enough writing for now, hope you enjoyed this lil article, and take a few lessons away from it.  Peace. 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mimosa hostilis experience information and lessons [Re: biglo]
    #1515047 - 05/02/03 03:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Mimosa hostilis experience information and lessons [Re: World Spirit]
    #1515297 - 05/02/03 05:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the plan, I wanted a simple way to do it w/o having to extract the DMT.
So how do you get free syrian rue seeds ?? :tongue:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Mimosa Hostilis, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden