Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: Vvellum]
    #3549821 - 12/27/04 07:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Even if you do practice courtesy and respect, if they don't like what you're saying, you get a cute little ban.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3549838 - 12/27/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
I think the mods/admins need to practice what they preach...very little courtesy and respect on their parts. All I see is petty bannings and pointless drama.

:thumbup:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: Redstorm]
    #3549926 - 12/27/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Perhaps some members don't have the same idea of respect and courteousy as those who get banned do.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: Redstorm]
    #3552210 - 12/28/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Way to generalize and exaggerate..

I'm sure most of us don't like some of the stuff you guys are saying. We don't go around banning people because of it. If all you see is petty bannings and pointless drama then that's all you are paying attention to. If we just banned everyone for expressing their dissident opinions then there would be no one here bitching about the mods and admins. Think about it. If I banned someone for everytime I didn't like what they were saying.. there would be a lot more people banned. Fortunately, that's not how it works. And I fail to see how you could draw that conclusion at all without blowing one single incident way out of proportion.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: Shroomism]
    #3552364 - 12/28/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You're right. It's not just what you say. It's who's saying it. The Swami banning has shown me that all that's necessary to be banned is that enough people in high positions have a personal vendetta against you. Then the other mods who don't have a grudge against you will stick up for the ones that do and say everyone's being ridiculous while dodging questions and using vague references to imagined behavior without citing specific examples.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: silversoul7]
    #3552449 - 12/28/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

exactly.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3552464 - 12/28/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Way to generalize and exaggerate..

I'm sure most of us don't like some of the stuff you guys are saying. We don't go around banning people because of it. If all you see is petty bannings and pointless drama then that's all you are paying attention to. If we just banned everyone for expressing their dissident opinions then there would be no one here bitching about the mods and admins. Think about it. If I banned someone for everytime I didn't like what they were saying.. there would be a lot more people banned. Fortunately, that's not how it works. And I fail to see how you could draw that conclusion at all without blowing one single incident way out of proportion.

It's b/c you guys can't get away with banning members for dissident opinions. What you can get away with, is questionably banning (not once, but twice) a respected member of the community. It's not a matter of what you do and don't; it's a matter of can and can't.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3552517 - 12/28/04 12:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wait, what was swami banned for again?

So, when an individual is mistreated, we should all turn a blind eye for the sake of the collective and because it "only one person"? Wow - good to see your Information Revolution is devoid of ethics and principles.

All your talk is just pretense man. Your inner cop is alive and well.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #3568335 - 01/01/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What is a certainty is that people will not always act perfectly, not always do the right thing, and sometimes the right thing is not going to sit well with some people.

Its a thankless job, truly, and I think our mods do one hell of a job. Are they perfect? No. But are any of us?

When someone you feel is 'mistreated' then you post your concerns in a polite manner as this thread requests and we will review it. That is the whole point of our form of checks and balances amongst mods/admins.

We are more than happy to get involved and seek to find a fair solution to all concerned.

For as many who think a certain ban was wrong, there are many others who would agree with it. Thats the challenge for any mod/admin to find a fair solution or stick to what is agreed amongst mods/admins as the right solution.

We value the input of the community and it has a great affect on our decisions after the fact, so like in all things by all means challenge our decisions if you feel something was unjust, just be courteous about it if you want your voice to be heard/respected.

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: Thor]
    #3570374 - 01/02/05 07:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

just be courteous about it if you want your voice to be heard/respected

I thought this was a courteous post was I wrong?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3557088/an/0/page/0

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (01/02/05 08:14 AM)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: whiterasta]
    #3570549 - 01/02/05 09:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

'Round and 'round we go! Weeeeeeeee the merry-go-round of circular logic.

Quote:

Keep in in ONE thread. The Swami thread's the one you want. This thread will most likely be locked.

Did you not understand what he said? The thread was not locked for dis-courteousness, but because the admins decided they wanted all the drama in one thread, including yours.

Why does everyone whine so about swami's banning? Let him whine when he gets back, christ.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3570598 - 01/02/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Why does everyone whine so about swami's banning? Let him whine when he gets back, christ

Please show me where I am speaking of Swami's ban? My post was directly related to only the quality of posts in S&P and the loss of MANY posters which I have respect for.That is it.Get it? about S&P, not Swami.

Quote:

Did you not understand what he said? The thread was not locked for dis-courteousness, but because the admins decided they wanted all the drama in one thread, including yours

So noting the loss of good members and the falling quality of discussion in S&P is drama?The Drama(mine) did not start until I was baited by a mod and was never given a decent explanation of locking the post.Not every post re; S&P is about Swami and he is NOT the only problem in the forum. Whining posters are an equal pain for a mod(he whined :lol:). I have been one here I know.
WR :wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3570610 - 01/02/05 10:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Please show me where I am speaking of Swami's ban?

Quote:

FREE SWAMI!

Quote:

So noting the loss of good members and the falling quality of discussion in S&P is drama?

It's in the same ballpark, especially when you wrapped up your post with "FREE SWAMI".

What would you think as a mod?

What if you owned this site, what would you think of all of this nonsense drama?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3570643 - 01/02/05 10:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So "free swami" is a proscribed phrase? then there are several members with severe infractions with large banners proclaiming "swami solidarity".
I posted that as a loss of yet another INTELLIGENT poster not an incitement to riot.I also missed the loss of Mr_Mushrooms, despite his severely out of line comments, he at least was logical most of the time.OOPs is mentioning him a no no?
I have no problems with this site or it's admins.If Swami ran sock pupets he deserved to be banned.If Swami challenges people to actually think about their words caused the ban then it is bullshit,like so much of the internet,eh?
Lastly if one cannot post feedback in the appropriate forum w/o being locked and banned then it is NOT a feed back forum.
So now LF please show me where I was "out of line" with my post or please butt out and let an admin speak.
BTW I still feel S&P is going down hill due to spurious posters lacking education and logic(the qualities which brought me to S&P)
That is my most courteous complaint re; S&P
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3570660 - 01/02/05 10:34 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This is a yin/yang never-ending battle type of shit.

Where brave warriors will martyr themselves in a big glorious expression of solidarity against the man. (Shroomery mods and admins)

The protest will highten, and more shall be banned. Lies and hypocracies will be exposed! Then everyone will calm down for a while until the next big drama-filled event occurs and once again the revolutionaries come out of the woodwork to begin yet another big crusade.

Oh how glorious. Why not spend all of this energy trying to change a few unfair drug laws or something?

So I'll be glad to bow out and let an admin speak. I was just noting some observations, not trying to replace the reply of the admins. peace.

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #3570679 - 01/02/05 10:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I REALLY think you have the wrong guy.
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3570687 - 01/02/05 10:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You realize this is a thread about "Courtesy and Respect" don't you?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3570693 - 01/02/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Probably do.

But there is a big noble fght going on like I discribed.

During times like these one should not post in a manner similar to the aggressors, lest one be labeled as such.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Courtesy and Respect - Lessons in the art of complaints [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3570710 - 01/02/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheHateCamel said:
You realize this is a thread about "Courtesy and Respect" don't you?

Thank you very much kind sir for reminding me. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Courteous enough for ya?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder