Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLiquid Squid
Pooh-Bah
ODD MODS
    #1828147 - 08/18/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think it's time for a change in office.
At least for some.
Some are very good.
Others don't follow their own ODD rules which they were picked to uphold. And when I post critisizing, they don't let it through for others to see and give their take on the situation.

If these guys are to lazy to do the job then we need to new ones.

Just my opinion.
I'm just saying this to keep that forum from collapsing again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: Liquid Squid]
    #1828174 - 08/18/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: ODD MODS [Re: Liquid Squid]
    #1829257 - 08/19/03 10:37 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'll volunteer too. I don't think I've had a single post to ODD approved in a month, and I can't figure out why. I don't even try any more... [sigh]

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: ODD MODS [Re: Diploid]
    #1829399 - 08/19/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> I don't think I've had a single post to ODD approved in a month

:grin: so this indicates that you would be a good mod, how?  -chuckle-

Not that I was ever a huge poster in ODD, but when it went to fully moderated I pretty much quit posting in that forum all together. 

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1829552 - 08/19/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Can you link to some examples? Just curious to see what is being approved if it shouldn't be..

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ODD MODS [Re: Thor]
    #1829985 - 08/19/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't have any posts handy, but the majority of the posts that I see which I shouldn't are dosage related... or OTC related...

... and to be fair, I think the mods there are doing a pretty good job given the nature of the beast.  I have seen maybe three posts which I felt probably shouldn't have been approved in as many months...of course i'm not a mod soooo... :grin: 

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: ODD MODS [Re: Seuss]
    #1830047 - 08/19/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cool, so from what you've seen its a post 'here and there' kind of thing? Or is it more common?

Cause if a few posts are missed once in a while then thats ok, I mean nobody can be 100% all the time right?  :grin:

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ODD MODS [Re: Thor]
    #1830207 - 08/19/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> from what you've seen its a post 'here and there' kind of thing?

From what I have seen, yes, it is a 'here and there' sort of problem.  I don't visit ODD as much as I used to, so I don't consider me an authority on this.  :grin:

Even the posts not getting approved in a timely matter is a 'her and there' sort of problem.  It seems that once in a while the forum will shut down for twenty-or-so hours until a mod gets on.  It rarely happens, that I notice, but it sure seems like a big deal when it does happen...

--------------------

InvisibleLiquid Squid
Pooh-Bah
    #1831167 - 08/19/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

" No Sources: This will not be a forum for discussion of sources for obtaining illicit or legal substances, nor to battle or flame other users.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

There are supplier listing, but they are sponsors. So I don't know if that's means they are exempt to the rule

No Doseage Advice: Posts which request dosage information will not be permitted. In the event a forum Moderator can answer a post of this type, the answer will be given and the thread will be locked. The reason behind this is to prevent unintentional misinformation based on issues of personal body chemistry, including physical and behavioral tolerance. General dose charts can often be found at the static information libraries noted above.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...=&fpart=all

No Street Talk: Requesting information on drug availability or street prices in any given geographic location will not be tolerated. Requests in an attempt to discern the quality of any given drug sample are not allowed (eg. Are these purple monkey's I picked up at the street corner potent?).

I'm not going to find them all. A search would do it quickly but I really don't want to bother. Threads asking about lsd in area's are all over ODD

No Household Highs: Posts requesting information regarding common household substances or over the counter medications and how they can be abused in an attempt to alter consciousness will not be allowed.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...t=1#Post1829757

No Pill IDs: Refrain from posting Pill Identification requests as people can easily misidentify a pill which could potentially result in very dangerous consequences. Use our Pill ID Resources.

I guess this doesn't fall under a rule but some very dangerous advice..IMO
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...t=1#Post1829242

Those are a few recent ones. Nothing to bad for awhile.
I remember coming here maybe a month back and saw some outrageous posts.
Concerning relevant posts not getting through.
It happens alot from what I've been told. To me aswell.

But I usually write long posts..maybe they get bored reading through them and just delete them?

Sometimes I curse, i try not to excessively flame. But sopmetimes I feel it's totally warrented.
"I tried Salvia and i didn't get fucked up"
"smoke more next time..use a better flame"
I mean cmon.
But maybe Lady Salvia needs to "learn" him the lesson herself

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1831350 - 08/19/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

We're not all the same person so how we interpret and enforce the rules will be different.

Sources of legal things that are available from our sponsors and only from our sponsors is allowed.

>>I'm not going to find them all. A search would do it quickly but I really don't want to bother. Threads asking about lsd in area's are all over ODD

Personally i wouldn't approve any of those LSD posts, but others have different views on them and as long as their broad in spectrum it seems like they're approved. I'm fine with that.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1831397 - 08/19/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I think it's time for a change in office.
At least for some.
Some are very good.
Others don't follow their own ODD rules which they were picked to uphold.

You generally don't even know who approves what and you have no access to the mod forum,so how do you know which mods are good and which mods need a "change in office"?

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisibleLiquid Squid
Pooh-Bah
Re: ODD MODS [Re: monoamine]
    #1831453 - 08/19/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't. I didn't say I did....?
I didn't name name's because I don't know

I do know that some, if not all mods are letting these through. Or which mods are letting what through.
I guess I shouldn't have said some mods are good? That's just biased opinion based on talking to certain ones, i appologize.
Some or all are just using bad judgement..IMO..and the opinion of quite a few others aswell

Edited by Liquid Squid (08/19/03 09:34 PM)

InvisibleLiquid Squid
Pooh-Bah
Re: ODD MODS [Re: neuro]
    #1831474 - 08/19/03 09:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"We're not all the same person so how we interpret and enforce the rules will be different.
"

I understand. I made this one of my first points. Sorry this topic spans 3 forums now.

"Sources of legal things that are available from our sponsors and only from our sponsors is allowed"

I guess I understand, they are the sponsors. But it is breaking your rule.
It just leads to trouble. That's why the r.c suppliers where banned. They used to be allowed aswell. Until people just looking to get wacked out got ahold of them and started posting..."wwooooaaahhh i'm fucked up on xxx dude...buy it at this place" etc
Same is happening with salvia and others

"Personally i wouldn't approve any of those LSD posts, but others have different views on them and as long as their broad in spectrum it seems like they're approved. I'm fine with that."

Well i'm just pointing out that the rule states that there shall be no postes of where to find drugs around the areas.
ie(toronto is full of acid, vancouver is full of mdma)..these are against the rules.
I didn't make the rules, either

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1831568 - 08/19/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Older people are normally wise, yet a few are senile. I'll be a mod!

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: ODD MODS [Re: TinMan]
    #1832125 - 08/20/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheInvizibleMan said:
Older people are normally wise, yet a few are senile. I'll be a mod! 

LoLz! :grin:

I like older people because they are used to make my favorite snack food -- Soylent Green!

Soylent Green! It's Made From the Best Stuff on Earth -- People!? :laugh:

PS: I am paying attention to this topic, and most of the Mods and Admins know exactly where I stand on the issue. I have been very vocal about it in the Mod and Admin forums.

--------------------

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Loc: FL
Re: ODD MODS [Re: Papaver]
    #1832322 - 08/20/03 03:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's odd thinking that there are two forums that I never see, how clandestine. I wonder in what order they appear on the main index.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1832507 - 08/20/03 06:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I give up....

no way to make this work IMO. after spending 6 months approving 40 or more posts a day and trashing more garbage than anyone will ever know the forum is still being criticized.

People have no idea how much misinformation, bullshit dosage info, recommendations to take pills and wash them down with some wild turkey, fuck I can go on and on.

Shit I don't care anymore take it off full moderation and let the shit flow, however it wont take long before were in another state of panic because someone actually listened to the advice of an uninformed 13 year old.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ODD MODS [Re: Ripple]
    #1832518 - 08/20/03 06:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

As I said before...

> ... and to be fair, I think the mods there are doing a pretty good job given the nature of the beast.

Most of us on the ground floor do not see how much work you guys do.

> approving 40 or more posts a day and trashing more garbage than anyone will ever know the forum is still being criticized.

Censorship is an easy target.  People should be responsible for what they say and pay the price when the bill collector comes 'round to collect.  The law doesn't always see it that way, thus the forum is moderated.  This one has no easy answer, which is why after six months we are still bitching about it.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Loc: FL
    #1832585 - 08/20/03 07:35 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why don't you put the responsibility in the hands of the poster. Edit the forum guidelines accordingly, and setup some sort of warning/ban system for those who do harm. Or maybe attach some sort of message to all ODD posts (if that's possible) warning people of the possibility of misinformation.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: ODD MODS [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1832647 - 08/20/03 08:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's a good idea, but due to the number of idiots here who would provide dangerous/misleading info it would';t work. Someone could get seriously hurt or even killed if they had read misinformation in a post and took it as fact. A persons life is worth more than a ban especially if it can be saved by taking pre-cautionary measures such as those already in place. I have to say tho, i wasn't happy about them declining my rant abouts pills as it didn't break any rules, it was a mere bitch about the state my friends get into after a week of x and not bathing....

EDIT: BTW when I first saw the topic I thought it was a complaint about the eccentricity of the moderators, see what I mean about misleading

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Edited by st0nedphucker (08/20/03 08:11 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale