Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Higher Goals
    #1812603 - 08/14/03 06:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Who here has some sort of purpose that they sort of strive for, some sort of higher goal? I mean, where you still live your life and experience everything here and now, and all of that, but some sort of direction that you are heading into?

Myself, I am heading into a career in music, where I can write and record my own music and perform shows with my band, release records, etc, and sustain myself on that... basically getting to a place where I can create music and share it with others...

So, what about you guys? Any desire that pulls you in that direction?
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Higher Goals [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1812608 - 08/14/03 06:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Myself, I think it is important to have at least something that keeps you looking forward to the next day, something that would satisy you to work towards.. enjoying every step along the way, etc. It keeps us motivated and positive thinking, and keeps us moving towards continous happiness... keep in mind, it isn't necessarily the destination that is what brings happiness, but the entire process of getting there...

With my goals, there isn't some destination, I want to continously move forward within my music obsession, eventually getting involved with conceptualizing and writing movies...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1812643 - 08/14/03 06:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I want be as self sustaining as possible in the long run, i want to be the best i can be at all time's, i want to live a life untainted by general influence.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1813183 - 08/14/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I want to see a new world... or at least the beginning of one. I try to do whatever i can to get people to start and try changing their own life. To see that they too can reach their dreams... But more than that, to build something new. Something of my own creation, sculpt a building, something that echos life when you walk inside... I have everything to look forward to.

I hope EVERYONE here, and elsewhere aspires to be something more. They need to dream, they need to do something they love. THen everyone could make and master a skill... and do something well, we could multiply our efficency, and hopefully change some social structures we are all getting tired of. I think then you could see a brand new world...

I guess that is the world that i strive for... to do anything and everythign i can in my power to get everyone there.

Its like being a chemist... you set up the corresponding chemicals and conditions, you follow the direction for synthesis... and you begin to work! and you master it... and multiply it... and were making social change pills for the whole world!

--------------------
What?

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1813287 - 08/14/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

my goals in life:

write a book... a good book.

help save the world.

eventually, live out in the country where i will grow all my own food and not have electricity or running water.

i have lots of other goals, but those are my main ones.

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Higher Goals [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1813363 - 08/14/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I love your words, Zero7a1. I am going to be accomplishing the same thing, using my music as a well-disguised media.

We need something to dream for, right? Something that we can set out and create that is ours and reflects our deepest thoughts.. whether it is raising a child, building a skyscraper, or simply finding something beyond what you are doing now... we're here to find meaning and purpose, I guess.

And good luck to all of you, too.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1814087 - 08/14/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I feel this is a good quote, about how i want to live my life...the virtuous way.

"Only do things you believe in passionately. Anything that you don't believe in, but you still do, is poison.
Spend every minute you can working (playing) as hard as you can. If your work isn't making you happy, you should find different work.
Dream big, dream a lot, and don't be afraid to fail over and over. If you do nothing but fight for dreams, even a low success rate is better than fighting for nothing.
Give away and share as much as you can. Ultimately a microbusiness can only compete on a global level if people believe in it as much as you do; it's not about getting customers. It's about building a team."

I too, want to influence a positive change in this world, and i do...person by person. But ive started focusing on me...and not burdening myself with unsolvable problems, such as humanity.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Higher Goals [Re: PDU]
    #1814753 - 08/14/03 06:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I read all of your posts and find them very beautiful.

I have come to realize in recent times that theres nothing I could do for myself...that would make me as happy as helping somone who suffers... All I see is suffering...people dying and crying...i know theres alot of that going on right now... I want to see it stopped... I identify those people with my family, and it makes me sick to think about my parents not having food or a family not being able to feed their children

americas motto seems to be out of site, out of mind...

I dream about giving more to the world than I have taken... but I know have alot more work to do...

A Mahatma (great soul) said this [Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj]
"I dont understand you people! [people in general]... your always waning what you dont have, and because of that you suffer...why dont you want what you DO have! then you could be happy! its so simple!"

that sums up my problems right there... i'm always looking for happiness outside of myself... but when I think about it.. theres nothing that I want more than what i already do have...my beautiful family... the blessings and experiences I have had... i feel very much in debt to the universe...not to mention that the simple fact that there is somone out there who cant feed their children no matter how hard they work...its insane in this world... i cant comprehend that...i think if I did I would be running towards them to help

I think this world needs more compassion

and so I hope that I can one day spend my time living productively...in nature... as nature

i feel a need deep inside of me to run to those I see suffering...

but i'm not a saint... i have not done all of these things with 100% of my time... i feel the need for that though

also I have to exist in this world... i need to get a job... I know how far money goes in third world countries, so if I could sustain myself here, while giving what i can to others...that would make me happy... that is my goal.... renouncing the world while living in it, trying to help it...

i also aspire to be involved with music....musics a wonderful form of meditation

--------------------
I&I

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Higher Goals [Re: Rastafari]
    #1814842 - 08/14/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Rastafari.

Its amazing, just look at this thread (not to mention many others)..So many people from varied race's, societies, upbringing's, exposure's...and we have a collective goal, to save the world.

Its hard for me to understand how "normals" can classify drug's as such evil's of society..

We all have a vast interest in psychedelic drug's, and we all want to save the world, co-incidence? of course not. It makes me so furious.

I wish i could show people 1 by 1...and i do, but i can only reach so many...undoubtedly a few thousand at best...throughout my lifetime, That drug's shouldnt be generalized, and demonized. Last week i shocked a social worker, and she admitted she was wrong, that felt good.

Anyways; " think this world needs more compassion "

And understanding, i believe understanding lead's to compassion, but people just dont care...

"americas motto seems to be out of site, out of mind..."
You couldnt be more right, GREED is bread into us...North Americans...but especially American's..."if it doesnt impact me, it doesnt matter"...so depressing.

I wish i could force understanding upon some people, but i also feel guilty...Who am I to impose my value's on someone else? Yes, i may be more vituous, but their live's are their's to live. I can live mine as i want...and as much as it pains me to see them living falsely satisfying live's...I feel so conflicted about my "right" to try and change them; "show them the light" so to speak.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1814975 - 08/14/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I used to have higher goals.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1815177 - 08/14/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

dont you want what you DO have! then you could be happy! its so simple!"

I think this world needs more compassion.

So you want the world to be more compassionate? Why not simply want the compassion that the world already has? It is so simple.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Higher Goals [Re: Swami]
    #1815287 - 08/14/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

your quotes a bit off there... it should have read "why dont you want what you already DO have!"

perhaps you should reread it.

I already have compassion, and I want to cultivate it more.

Swami, if you look for only negative things in my posts, you will find em buddy...but that wont make you happy

--------------------
I&I

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Higher Goals [Re: PDU]
    #1815302 - 08/14/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:
Thanks Rastafari.

Its amazing, just look at this thread (not to mention many others)..So many people from varied race's, societies, upbringing's, exposure's...and we have a collective goal, to save the world.

Its hard for me to understand how "normals" can classify drug's as such evil's of society..

We all have a vast interest in psychedelic drug's, and we all want to save the world, co-incidence? of course not. It makes me so furious.

I wish i could show people 1 by 1...and i do, but i can only reach so many...undoubtedly a few thousand at best...throughout my lifetime, That drug's shouldnt be generalized, and demonized. Last week i shocked a social worker, and she admitted she was wrong, that felt good.

Anyways; " think this world needs more compassion "

And understanding, i believe understanding lead's to compassion, but people just dont care...

"americas motto seems to be out of site, out of mind..."
You couldnt be more right, GREED is bread into us...North Americans...but especially American's..."if it doesnt impact me, it doesnt matter"...so depressing.

I wish i could force understanding upon some people, but i also feel guilty...Who am I to impose my value's on someone else? Yes, i may be more vituous, but their live's are their's to live. I can live mine as i want...and as much as it pains me to see them living falsely satisfying live's...I feel so conflicted about my "right" to try and change them; "show them the light" so to speak.

<3333 I know whatcha mean bro... I guess all we can do is set examples of positivity !

--------------------
I&I

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1815305 - 08/14/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I want to help everyone become enlightened because I cannot ascend unless everyone else does too.

--------------------

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Higher Goals [Re: Shroomism]
    #1815314 - 08/14/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

were not all going at the same time though...

so are you gona put yourself at the back of hte line?

jump over the wall of truth...then just give some helping hands to the ppl who cant climb so easily...

--------------------
I&I

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1815332 - 08/14/03 09:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Been there, done that.

--------------------

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1815344 - 08/14/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami, if you look for only negative things in my posts, you will find em buddy... but that wont make you happy.

wurd, brotha!  :heartpump:

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1815528 - 08/14/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Swami, if you look for only negative things in my posts, you will find em buddy...but that wont make you happy

You want the world to be other than it is (nonacceptance of the isness of things). Acknowledge the compassion that is already there. (I guess this is a fairly negative concept...).

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Higher Goals [Re: Swami]
    #1815586 - 08/14/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

all i'm saying is...

i made some positive posts, speaking from my heart

and I've noticed all you ever do to anyone is try to find something negative about it...

if you read any of those wayne dyer books you spoke of like you knew... you would know that if you are looking for negative things, thats what you will see

similarily...if focus on the positive things the earth has to offer, they will be available to you.

Much Much Love, from the depths of my heart, laid down as a flower at your feet.

--------------------
I&I

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1815619 - 08/14/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Rastafari, you're the one finding negative things in swami's posts about your posts. Check this:

"I dont understand you people! [people in general]... your always wanting what you dont have, and because of that you suffer...why dont you want what you DO have! then you could be happy! its so simple!"

This is what you said in your post right? And you agree with it, correct? Well, why is it that you sit there whining and whining about how you want no suffering??? DUDE it's only making you suffer, which adds to the suffering of the planet! Do what swami says, want the compassion that's already here, don't be idealistic, acknowledge that suffering is an inherent part of the universe.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags