Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
How Can We Be One? ... One What ?
    #1804975 - 08/12/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The idea of being ONE is an interesting concept.

The real question, though,  that comes to my mind is:  One what? :oogle:

Does everyone here suppose that once we re-integrate, re-unite, or amalgamate into the "oneness" that we will lose our individuality?

Here are my thoughts on the subject.. 

Consider a dimly lit auditorium [for ambiance], with a brightly lit stage set-up in the middle and much room around it.

Using that analogy,  WE [the members of this Forum and everyone around us] are like the participants who are "on stage"...  The performers.  We are playing.

Those who are "not on stage", are the spectators.  They are watching.

While on stage,  the participants intereact with one another.  There can also be intereaction with the "audience".  But what really goes on, depends upon what the participants do..  [It is difficult for the players to notice the audience who appear to be "in the dark" background relative from the stage perspective.]

The audience can affect the play...  but not entirely alter it.

The energy emanated by an audience can be tremendous ! [...Ever been to an amazing concert before?  Then you know what I'm talking about !]

THere is room for more to come on stage;  but the stage has a "carrying capacity"...  THere is only so many that it can accomodate. 

The beauty is, each player knows beforehand, the role they will be playing while "on stage".

The existing players can come off stage...  Thereby, making more room for new players to join in.

When player goes off stage,  they become part of the "oneness"...  They are now,  ONE with the audience.  However, they retain their integrity as invividuals.

Look at it as being: An individual as part of a whole.  A collective in the form of an audience, if you will.

Once off stage, the player assumes the role of spectator.  Spectators can interact with one another just as players do on stage. 

You can even settle the score there [off-stage]  too...  For example...  give a former player a "friendly punch in the arm" while saying:"What the hell did you do that for?" 

Off stage settling of the score is the best way to preserve the integrity of the stage.  It is more satisfying, also, to settle off stage since you have more freedom  to "manoever"...  [ Link, for some of you...  Recall:  The Fighting Arena].

What happens on stage is never forgotten.  Everything is remembered.

Eventually, the set play will be completed.

Once it becomes time to leave the auditorium,  everyone must exit in an orderly manner.  Extreme Chaos will result in riotting.  Riotting will shake the foundations and begin to resonate the "House".  If the House resonates too much,  it will crumble and fall.

No matter what, it can be re-built.  But THATwill take ALOT of time.  The House must be STANDING in order to be able to exit.

Once outside...  You'll notice  the "theme park!!"

The rides in the park are trully AMAZING !!!

It's worth it to exit as quickly as possible when the opportunity presents itself.

:eyemouth:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1805020 - 08/12/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

A wonderful and well thought out analogy..... :smile: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1805024 - 08/12/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> The real question, though, that comes to my mind is: One what?

I like to use duality and logic to describe 'one what'...

In our reality, everything is based on duality. For example, love and hate, good and bad, up and down, space and matter, energy and ground state, etc. You cannot have something without having something else to compare it to.

With this in mind... what is the opposite, or the dualistic side, of our reality? It would be 'something' that exists 'without duality'... which would be the 'one'... the sound of one hand clappiong...etc...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1805035 - 08/12/03 09:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Nice analogy! I pondered the "one" thing for a while as well and I came to think we are all part of one system. Instead of merely "we are all one"
I think that our own bodies also give us a great analogy for the concept. i.e all the cells in my body get together to make "one" person or system, yet obviously they all have to retain their "individuality" to maintain the integrity of our bodies/systems or the one.

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1805156 - 08/12/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

We're all just drops of water in the pool of life.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: psyka]
    #1805283 - 08/12/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

definition is the cause of duality

when you zoom out, shit gets blurry

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1805305 - 08/12/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think a lot of portion of our problems for integration stem from the fact that many people have a hard time coping with who they are. IE personal issues they never got around to dealing with. A lot of people use certain strategies and behaviors in their life to never deal with that, but a problem with that might be that it keeps them from joining with people together. If we can deal with who we are, we can learn to let it and see that some things are not so important... we can get a long with others, interact in a positive way. I think if that is accomplished we can have a very diverse world, that knows how to get along with one another. As always with acceptable differences.

Thats just how i have come to see people, you can always tell with people these things. And they show signs, and its a good indicator of how they will react.

I like your analogy too Deiymian. I think its only till they accept the system we have for our interaction that they will be able to tame it and understand it along with one another.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1805563 - 08/12/03 12:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's hard to put into words exactly, but to start with I'd say we are one soul, one consciousness experiencing itself objectively, one divine substance which I call God. We are like the branches of a tree--separate, yet connected. Hope that helps.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineWaveRider
In search ofWisdom

Loc: CANADA
Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: Seuss]
    #1805722 - 08/12/03 01:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> The real question, though, that comes to my mind is: One what?

I like to use duality and logic to describe 'one what'...

In our reality, everything is based on duality. For example, love and hate, good and bad, up and down, space and matter, energy and ground state, etc. You cannot have something without having something else to compare it to.

Energy does not have an opposing force (ground state is just the lowest possible energy state of a matter), there is no non-energy or opposite of it (at least not that I know of, feel free to enlighten me). So would it not be possible that the ONE is just a constant flow of energy? A place were all energy can rest or be at its ground state? I pose this because energy is also the only thing which cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change to something else. Since all thing must have energy it is reasonable to assume that even if the human body dies, the energy must be reused or at least collected so that presents two options: the energy can be used to create a new form or it must be collected somewhere hence presenting the ONE.
Any thoughts?

--------------------
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer, the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear, permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path."

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: WaveRider]
    #1805737 - 08/12/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I agree. It is life energy that is "one", but this is divided and redistributed in many forms. I believe it was this...energy...that allowed life to start and grow....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1805755 - 08/12/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh... good old energy. I like this post.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1807778 - 08/12/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/30/05 12:20 AM)

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: Xibalba]
    #1807816 - 08/12/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

We are all 1 mind experiecing the same dream through all diffrent perspectives at once.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1808350 - 08/13/03 03:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Energy isn't what it used to be. The old principle that energy can't be created or destroyed is seen today as simply an effect of N?ther's Theorem applied to time-translation symmetry of the laws or physics, which is another way of saying that the laws of physics stay the same at different points in time.

However, this is only approximately true. There is no time-translation symmetry in the equations that describe the expansion of the universe, so there is no corresponding energy conservation on large time scales (at least not for the mathematical reasons given in the above link).

And on small time scales, energy is simply the frequency of the quantum phase rotation, which isn't even a well-defined number except for states with a pure single-frequency spectrum.

So energy is related to the rate of phase changes, and time rates are just the comparison of one cyclic change to another. So it seems like state change (information?) is a more fundamendal thing than energy.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1808360 - 08/13/03 03:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Nah, energy is KING. You can encode all of the information into energy as you want, but energy is energy, and everything is energy. Ahh.. energy... the connection between all of us and everything in the Universe...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1808711 - 08/13/03 09:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Fireworks_god: "You can encode all of the information into energy as you want, but energy is energy, and everything is energy."
----------------------

Yes, you are correct on that point. Everything around you is a nice bundle of energy; even you, are are a nicely defined "package" of energy.
===============

Seuss: "In our reality, everything is based on duality."
-----------------------

Absolutely !! Particle-Wave duality was a real breakthrough within the scientific community !
===============

DoctorJ: "when you zoom out, shit gets blurry."
----------------------

Agreed. Even at a small scale this phenomenon occurs... Like when a concert stage is surrounded by hundreds of thousands of energized fans, they resemble a "sea of people".

>>> psycha, supports this observation with: "We're all just drops of water in the pool of life."
===============

silversoul7: "We are like the branches of a tree--separate, yet connected."
-----------------------

I agree with you there... with a slight twist...

If we were to be compared to batteries, let's say - as individual units of energy- then our connection to one another would be a "parallel connection" rather than a "series connection" as the tree branch analogy seems to imply.
===============

Amzmodeus: "I agree. It is life energy that is "one"..."
----------------------

I'm with you on that! Just like our protons, neutrons and electrons are synonymous for everyone, the energy that courses through all of us shares the same unique property.

WaveRider supports this: "Since all thing must have energy it is reasonable to assume that even if the human body dies, the energy must be reused or at least collected so that presents two options: the energy can be used to create a new form or it must be collected somewhere hence presenting the ONE.

I agree: ONE shared characteristic of energy, that interacts with everyone in the same manner.
===============

Gazzbutt: "I pondered the "one" thing for a while as well and I came to think we are all part of one system. Instead of merely "we are all one"..."
----------------------

From deep inside, I feel the same way on that.
===============

Zero7a1: "...accept the system we have for our interaction..."
----------------------

I think we are well on our way in terms of identifying part of that system. If science expanded and evolved just a little more, I think we'd be better equipped to identifying more than just the "tip of the iceburg".

I also think, that, true worldwide acceptance, needs science as a partner to help describe the many observations made by everyone.

Our scientists have their work cut out for them. But with so much raw data, things can get overwhelming at best.
==============

Rhizoid: "Energy isn't what it used to be. "
---------------------

With further study, the evolution of science will be a trully welcomed side-effect.

You seem to really enjoy physics! With an open mind like yours, you are an important member of any community !

I'm glad you share your mind.
==============

Xibalba: "Eventually all that will be left of everything is random radio static."
---------------------

I'd like for that to be the case. That would mean, at least to me, that everyone has "left the building", and is now in the "Theme Park" enjoying some wonderful "New Rides".

I think it would be a very acceptable change !
==============

FreakQlibrium: "A wonderful and well thought out analogy..... "
--------------------

I'm glad you are around Freak. It's people like you, who make thinking an enjoyable pastime.
=============

root-ninja-tak: "...1 mind experiecing the same dream through all diffrent perspectives at once."
-------------------

That may very well be true; especially concerning our "origin". At his stage of the game however, I can only be open to that possibility.

The thing is though, if that is the final answer, the goal, I think, is to seek the middle steps that link ...

What you are saying is like 10x10= 100. What I want to further investigate, is the part that describes it: 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10

Let us continue the investigation a "little closer to home", with the first few 10's and see where that path leads us.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

#1808945 - 08/13/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

An excellent summary of the thread!

But I didn't quite understand this part:

Quote:

What you are saying is like 10x10= 100. What I want to further investigate, is the part that describes it: 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10

This was in reply to root-ninja-tak's post, which I think I grokked.

Are you talking about the question of why each part of the whole seems to be an independent consciousness? I think that has to do with the concentration of causal powers that exist within a human brain. We can absorb information and recognize even very subtle patterns, and then make lots of things happen based on this input. This is a huge leap beyond what any other known causal system can do. So maybe that's why consciousness seems to be distributed into individual chunks, with clear boundaries between them. And the conditions of human existence prevent us from talking or even thinking about the greater picture, except in very abstract terms like I'm doing right now.

I can't say I have figured this out yet, I'm just thinking aloud here...

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1809010 - 08/13/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"But I didn't quite understand this part:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you are saying is like 10x10= 100. What I want to further investigate, is the part that describes it: 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10 "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I meant by stating the above...

Stating that there is only one mind doing the experiencing is a far-out easy kind of answer. Its like simply saying 10x10= 100.

But on any math exam, you get only one point for the answer. The bulk of the marks comes from showing your work.

In my tiny example, showing the work of 10x10 is illustrated by:

10+10+10+10+....+10= 100.

Like yourself, I don't think the human mind can handle all of the information that completely links to the final answer.

But, The good news, in my mind, is that we are certainly capable of gathering more info than simply the tip of the iceburg.

Especially considering that there exist open minds like yours, I know we can get closer to a more solid explanation. It'll just require a little time and mental "elbow grease".

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1809052 - 08/13/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rhizoid said:
And the conditions of human existence prevent us from talking or even thinking about the greater picture, except in very abstract terms like I'm doing right now.

You might be starting to see it, I think...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Re: How Can We Be One? ... One What ? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1809207 - 08/13/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

You might be starting to see it, I think...

I very much hope I'm on the right track. I'm such a picky person you know, ego death isn't enough for me. I have this craving for understanding also. :eyemouth: 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds