Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: The Golden rule and the mechanics of social interaction [Re: SneezingPenis] * 1
    #8303915 - 04/19/08 09:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
no, I dont think bullies want to be bullied, but do you think it is completely for a Schadenfreude hardon?
every action we make has some point to it... even if it is to show pointlessness.
what is the fatherly advice in every after school special when the kid comes home and tells that he is being bullied?
"son, you gotta stand up to him and he will leave you alone".
every interaction we have with another person is for reaction. be it telling a story, putting out your hand for a handshake, or punching them.

This has a totally different meaning than what you wanted to say with your initial post:
Quote:

Just like the Golden rule "treat others how you wish to be treated"... it is looking at that statement from the other side: "People treat you how they want you to treat them".

To some extent, this is true. Some people, in some situations, treat others just the way they want to be treated. But turning this into a "golden rule" is an exaggeration. Human relations are far more complex than that and so are our personalities.
Of course that everybody wants to find ways in which they can make the others understand how they want to be treated, but the methods always differ, according to their personality, their level of maturity and understanding, experience...
Personally, I prefer to express all these preferences directly, through words. This eliminates much unnecessary confusion and possible frustration that could result from misunderstandings. This kind of interaction produces different reactions in different people I interact with, because of their different personalities. Some appreciate this kind of honesty, others seem confused, and others get offended and label me as being rude. :shrug:
Some people think they can let others understand how they want to be treated by a strong display of emotions, be it anger, sadness or happiness, according to their likes and dislikes, others prefer to do this through art, while others don't know how to express themselves at all.

Quote:

Fact: women want someone to dominate them
this is why women will treat "the sweetest" guy like shit.
This is why women stay with complete assholes.

How is this a fact?

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLimes
fellowsopher
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: The Golden rule and the mechanics of social interaction [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #8304000 - 04/19/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Pretty good post, I agree with you on most of it, I know where you're going with it for sure

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: The Golden rule and the mechanics of social interaction [Re: SneezingPenis] * 1
    #8304110 - 04/19/08 11:23 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
Someone told me something very simple the other day and it clicked. it made so much sense... it seems like one of those things that you always knew, but for some reason it was now an obvious explanation for almost every bit of human interaction.

Just like the Golden rule "treat others how you wish to be treated"... it is looking at that statement from the other side: "People treat you how they want you to treat them".

People definitly do this, but they also often hold back for fear of scaring the other away. So, for example, while one person may really want to spend every waking moment with thier partner, they get cues that the other likes more time alone and so they give that space out of respect. I suppose both partners are still probably signalling how they want to be treated by how they behave, but where there are reasonable differences both will (or probably should) modify thier behaviour to accomodate the needs of the other. I suppose that in itself could count as treating others how you want them to treat you, if I want to be accomodated I will be accomodating.

Quote:

Fact: women want someone to dominate them
this is why women will treat "the sweetest" guy like shit.
This is why women stay with complete assholes.

:lol: Yeah right. I for one sincerely do prefer nice guys, and actively pursue them. The asshole dominant thing is a total bullshit turnoff. I see right through it and want nothing to do with it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale