Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz
    #18047198 -

so i swear i'd never heard this phrase until about 2 months ago, but now i hear it several times a day.

i'm sure its not by any means a new phrase, but now its everywhere.

"I smell what you're stepping in"

just wondering if anyone knows why this phrase is so suddenly prevalent.

baffled.


--------------------
If you can’t tell what you desperately need, it’s probably sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: jack_straw2208]
    #18047206 -

Quote:
"I smell what you're stepping in"



:awewtf:

If I ever hear that I'll pimp slap somebody.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: XUL] * 1
    #18047223 -

XUL said:
Quote:
"I smell what you're stepping in"



:awewtf:

If I ever hear that I'll pimp slap somebody.



Damn right.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: kr0nik0]
    #18047233 -

The saddest part is that I understand the saying.

It seems like it would be the same as...

-I feel ya.

-I hear ya.

-I understand.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: XUL] * 4
    #18047251 -

Internet has ruined the English language.

Now we have fucked up slang from all over the world polluting it, not just California.


I wish FAIL and WIN would fucking die already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: jack_straw2208]
    #18047256 -

That's kind of stupid.
It only implies to the person you're saying it to that everything they say is bullshit.
I'd get defensive if someone said that to me.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: XUL]
    #18047257 -

XUL said:
The saddest part is that I understand the saying.





Why is that sad? It seems like common sense


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: Sheekle]
    #18047277 -

Sheekle said:
XUL said:
The saddest part is that I understand the saying.





Why is that sad? It seems like common sense




I slap what your feelin'.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: XUL]
    #18047288 -

Hahaha that's a good one.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: XUL]
    #18047488 -

No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked, sayin' somethin' like that, man.



XUL said:
Quote:
"I smell what you're stepping in"



:awewtf:

If I ever hear that I'll pimp slap somebody.



this.


--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

Remember to always courtesy flush

  we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: XUL]
    #18048444 -

XUL said:
....It seems like it would be the same as...

-I feel ya.

-I hear ya.

-I understand.



Indeed...

"I smell what you're stepping in"




My friends and I have been using this phrase for a few years now, not commonly, but we'll drop it in place of the phrases quoted above from time to time.





-OM


.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: Beefy1] * 1
    #18048459 -

Beefy1 said:
Internet has ruined the English language.

Now we have fucked up slang from all over the world polluting it, not just California.


I wish FAIL and WIN would fucking die already.



This post is fail.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: deadwk]
    #18048509 -



--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: jack_straw2208]
    #18052076 -

I'd first heard that years ago.  I also like it's sister phrase, "You taste what I'm sprayin'?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: openmind]
    #18052192 -

Burke Dennings said:
I'd first heard that years ago.  I also like it's sister phrase, "You taste what I'm sprayin'?"






:lol:  I like that one. Gets me every time.





openmind said:
XUL said:
....It seems like it would be the same as...

-I feel ya.

-I hear ya.

-I understand.



Indeed...

"I smell what you're stepping in"




My friends and I have been using this phrase for a few years now, not commonly, but we'll drop it in place of the phrases quoted above from time to time.





-OM


.






See, if someone said that to me, I'd be more likely to interpret it as "Look out, you're about to get into some shit."

Maybe that's too logical. :shrug:


--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #18052893 -

you pickin up what i'm layin down?

:Awemazing:


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #18052906 -

I think its funny haha :laugh:

:smile: Shorty :peace:


--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: Shortknight]
    #18086027 -



--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

Remember to always courtesy flush

  we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: jack_straw2208]
    #18086185 -

:lolwut:

I think all of these are actually funny.

It kind of ruins the conversation, and then makes the person who said it feel like an ass.


--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i've been hearing this phrase like crazy for the last 2 months? offer your insight plz [Re: DarkElf]
    #18086312 -

I remember when I was in high school and "bookin'" was the "in" word.  "We gotta' book", people said.  My father went nuts.  Hated it.  Hated the term, "totaled" - as referring to a wrecked car and "locked up" when referring to brakes being applied.  In both cases the application of these terms referred to cars my brothers wrecked.  Geez...  That shit was eons ago.


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tripped on shrooms Weds. while snowboarding...fuckin crazy!! flanders53 6,833 7 01/31/03 07:07 PM
by Anonymous
* Conjoined Twins... Some crazy shit! SirEHShackleton 2,303 10 01/05/03 10:34 AM
by Little Shroom
* Very funny cartoon, crazy liquidity 1,567 8 10/31/02 07:18 PM
by Superficial
* What's the furthest you've travelled to buy drugs?
( 1 2 3 all )
spleen 8,836 41 02/09/11 03:49 PM
by 4runner
* Me and my crazy new hobby frogsheath 1,763 12 06/03/03 01:06 PM
by motaman
* A few things I've been wondering about lately: Jellric 1,218 18 12/16/19 01:53 PM
by Nifflerz
* You know you've been growing too long when...
( 1 2 3 all )
daba 9,158 50 07/21/03 02:08 PM
by daba
* whats the longest you've driven to goto a show?
( 1 2 all )
mez 4,041 21 06/21/03 09:55 AM
by DrNickRiviera

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,325 topic views. 3 members, 101 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.