Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
A few things I've been wondering about lately:
    #1475192 -

Cliche's. They are unavoidable, but still they annoy me.
Sports cliche's are especially annoying for some reason.

Right now, the one in vogue that I don't get [and maybe somebody can help me out here] is where some announcer inevitably says during a ballgame that so-and-so does such-and-such "as good as anybody in the league." They always say that as a compliment, but it is really? I mean, anybody can be ANYBODY right? There are LOTS of players that absolutely suck at any given task! Is it a compliment to say that a player is only AS GOOD as them?? That's like saying Michael Jordan is "as good as any player in the league" in scoring. Yeah, he's as good as, and a HELL OF A LOT BETTER, than 99.9999 % of the players who have ever played in the NBA! It's not a much of a compliment at all when you think about it.

I could come up with more, but I'm sure you have some examples that are as good as any I could come up with.


--------------------
I am what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Jellric] * 2
    #1478205 -

Also, why do we park in a driveway, but we drive in a parkway?



--------------------
I am what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Jellric]
    #1478354 -

looks like you stumped everyone..


--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Jellric] * 1
    #1478371 -

Also, I hear people saying "I could care less about that". Shouldn't that be "I COULDN'T care less about that"?

That pisses me off.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Jellric]
    #1478514 -

It sounds like you got these from some corny Internet spam mail. I've heard the drive in parkway, park in driveway. I'm on to you lamer.


--------------------
The times are good. The living is easy. The vibes are zingy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Jellric]
    #1479163 -

why call them buildings when they are already built?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Morphrying]
    #1479194 -

What color does a Smurf turn when you choke him?

Is baby oil made from babies?

If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it kitty litter?


--------------------
The times are good. The living is easy. The vibes are zingy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Revelation]
    #1480017 -

Revelation, that one pisses me off too!! heh!
I'll think of more later after I've had another beer or two.


Also, I hear people saying "I could care less about that". Shouldn't that be "I COULDN'T care less about that"?


--------------------
I am what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Jellric]
    #26381662 -

Why do people bump old as fuck threads?
( 6080 days old, to be exact)

:coolpost: . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: vinsue]
    #26381676 -

This bump reminded me i miss jnny. I hope she's good.


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: wrestler_az]
    #26381815 -

what is the problem when i seem to walk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Cujllickduo] * 1
    #26381836 -

Why are coffee shops so quiet when coffee is a stimulant and bars are so raucous when alcohol is a depressant? 


:magicfingers:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: DustyBottoms]
    #26382075 -

It is odd how social popularity is 99% make believe.

Sports, couldn't be of less value.  Yet highly valued by those with almost zero value, yet those still work jobs with a shred of value more than the sports they worship.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #26384606 -

Also, why do we park in a driveway, but we drive in a parkway?  *head explodes*

why call them buildings when they are already built?  *thinks real hard then farts*

Shouldn't that be "I COULDN'T care less about that"?  Could care less

What color does a Smurf turn when you choke him?  Transparent

Is baby oil made from babies?  Freshly squeezed

If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it kitty litter?  That would be a cat-astrophe! *gets hit in head with cat thrown by member of the audience*

Why do people bump old as fuck threads?  I like dumpster diving too!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Dilsnique]
    #26384842 -

How come nobody is mind blown by the fact that we are existing in a mathematical object reality simulation? I mean, it's happening right fuccking now. Literally. Reality. Exists. Right now. What if the power is cut and it goes 'poof' :mindblown:


--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Jellric] * 1
    #26385029 -

Yeah OP sports cliches are the worst.

"We just gotta take it one game at a time."

"We just didn't execute."

"They just wanted it more."

"We gotta go back to the drawing board."


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: Nifflerz]
    #26385189 -

Damn, even niffla has not a clue. I'm starting to think everyone around me is an NPC. My friends, family, shroomerites; All NPC's. I'm the only real character in this video game. No matter how many friends I have, they're all bots, NPC's, lifeless sprites. I am alone in this reality


--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: trees]
    #26385193 -

:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A few things I've been wondering about lately: [Re: trees] * 1
    #26385206 -

trees said:
Damn, even niffla has not a clue. I'm starting to think everyone around me is an NPC. My friends, family, shroomerites; All NPC's. I'm the only real character in this video game. No matter how many friends I have, they're all bots, NPC's, lifeless sprites. I am alone in this reality



:woah:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Memorable quotes from people you've met ToTheSummit 1,898 10 01/26/03 07:02 PM
by TekNut
* Wonderful Remark tomatoes 859 2 08/08/03 08:15 AM
by tomatoes
* Wonder if I'll sleep tonight... TheHobbit 1,650 16 08/21/03 07:59 PM
by TheHobbit
* I've been away... its me Kriz MaskedMulatto 1,399 7 03/12/03 07:16 AM
by Purple_Voyage
* You know you've been growing too long when...
( 1 2 3 all )
daba 9,160 50 07/21/03 02:08 PM
by daba
* What's the furthest you've travelled to buy drugs?
( 1 2 3 all )
spleen 8,849 41 02/09/11 03:49 PM
by 4runner
* Places you've NEVER made whoopee but want to
( 1 2 all )
Morphrying 5,791 34 03/14/03 07:08 PM
by psyphon
* whats the longest you've driven to goto a show?
( 1 2 all )
mez 4,041 21 06/21/03 09:55 AM
by DrNickRiviera

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,218 topic views. 5 members, 18 guests and 183 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.