Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures)
    #1756934 -

Found this while searching for some tips on fixing bad posture:

Quote:
"Looking at the sin," wrote Theodore Monod, "only gives death; looking at Jesus gives life."

Psalm 32:3-4 and Psalm 38:3-10 both say that your personal sins, unrelieved by Jesus, can give you

physical weakness,
depression,
heart palpitations,
back pains,
a tendency to infections,
vision problems,
and even bad posture.

Right now are you more aware of your sins than you are of Jesus? Focusing on them will do you in. There's no godliness in continually mourning over your sins. There's no merit in spending your life wringing your hands and crying, "I'm such a sinner! Oh, my awful sins!"

Any occupation with self is, in itself, sin. So don't even make the matter of seeking to renounce your sins the big focus of your life.

If you're a man, do you play with toy cars? Probably not. You did as a boy -- but there came a time when driving a real one was more fun, and you just quit playing with the others. You didn't give up toy cars; they gave up you.

If you're a woman, do you play with dolls? Probably not. You used to -- but one day a fellow asked you out, and you discovered something better! You didn't give up dolls; they gave up you.

And when you fix your eyes on Jesus and you find out that He's flooding into you His resurrection life and power -- you don't renounce a life of sin; it will renounce you.



So, my posture is a little off because I am focusing on my sins? I need to let Jesus relieve them? Okay, then, Jesus, I will now submit to blind faith, please cure me.
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1756938 -

BE HEALED!! *fireworks_god goes into a grand mal siezure, when he awakens his back is straight*


Hehe. I don't agree with him saying that our old preoccupations give us up. How can they do that? When you got tired of playing with dolls or cars, you just stopped playing with them, period. I don't see anything more than that.

Also his point about sin renouncing you is off. Who hasn't experienced or heard that sinning is/can be fun? Premarital sex, gossip, shrooms, pot, just to name a few, can all be very attractive to your everyday, average sinner. If, as a sign of conversaion, all of a sudden your old "sinful" habits became distasteful to you (I'm sure it does happen to some people, but I really don't think it's going to happen to everyone) and henceforth you lived a perfect life, then a LOT of the people in churches I've attended are going straight to hell. But I've heard that lots of times, too.

Unless he means that the IDEA of our "sins" becomes distasteful to us; otherwise I don't see his point.


--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (07/28/03 05:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures) [Re: neutralizer]
    #1756955 -

There is no point, other than to lead people that are easily convinced and looking for the easy answer. Mentioning the cars and dolls thing, just sort of hooks them ("oh, I used to play cars"). I can't see how people could be so easily misled.
And my posture is getting better everyday, because I have consciously worked on it and paid attention to it. Most of the problems are now in my neck. Anyone battle bad posture here before?
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1757061 -

try sleeping on your back. it will suck for a few weeks, but you get used to it.

dreams are better this way, too!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures) [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1757191 -

Yep, I've been trying to sleep on my back for awhile now... I usually end up rolling over, but I'm getting better at it. (helps with astral projections, blood flow, and not irritating your new tattoo hehe, etc)
My posture used to be extremely shitty; I can't believe how slumped over I was, stomach really hung out, too. VERY unattractive.
I basically have good posture now, though, the main problem is all the muscles that got too strong from unnaturally having to hold weight, and the ones that are too weak from not holding that weight. It makes it look like I don't have good posture. It was really took awhile to build up enough strength to continouslly stand up straight.
Jesus never helped, by the way. hehe
Peace.



--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1757223 -

with all of the spiritual knowledge jesus learned from his essene education I'm sure he had good posture... and I'm sure he passed this knowledge on to others... along with the knowledge of certain plants hehe...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures) [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1757257 -

Yeah, but his followers don't stop thinking about sin, then start thinking about him, and then their ailments are cured... Those who claim it, I am sure that Swami has a Challenge lined up for them..
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1757474 -

I found this link a while ago, regarding posture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Solves Bad Posture (its in the Scriptures) [Re: Jared]
    #1757554 -

Thanks for the link. At first, it took a lot of effort to just do that much. I can do it now, but sometimes I forget and let go.. not very often anymore.
I like what he says, too, about your posture eitehr relfecting or shaping your feelings. You have a lot more energy with good posture, too (proably because you actually have room to breathe).
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Great Posture fireworks_godS 747 8 10/25/03 08:13 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* On Breathing and Posture jiva 547 3 12/06/03 04:29 AM
by fireworks_god
* Renounce, enjoy, neither?
( 1 2 all )
leery11 3,338 20 07/22/06 02:07 PM
by redgreenvines
* GOOD STUDY HABITS OF SCRIPTURE
( 1 2 3 all )
Fucknuckle 2,804 57 01/23/06 07:34 PM
by Fucknuckle
* The Gnostic Scriptures *DELETED* Demon 1,236 10 02/04/03 11:53 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* What holy scripture is most accurate? though not in hebrew?
( 1 2 all )
DOBOS 2,252 31 12/10/19 10:24 PM
by laughingdog
* Good or bad? sirreal 925 14 03/16/03 03:59 PM
by johnnyfive
* Too bad there is so much human diversity.
( 1 2 3 all )
Mixomatosis 2,652 48 12/14/03 11:00 PM
by mntlfngrs

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,181 topic views. 2 members, 7 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.