Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Ford Sport Trac 4x4
    #17539404 -

Alright here's the deal. My wife and my car is about to shit the bed.

01 Ford Taurus with 120k miles on it.
The passenger door doesn't shut without WD40 sprayed on the clasp that holds the door. (A new one is about 95$)
The timing chain is cracked to fuck. (100$ for a new one)
My whole exhaust system is shot to hell. (From the Catalytic converter, to the fucking end of the tail pipe.) - Estimate cost is over 300$
Gas tank has a small leak (Nothing major... yet)
Needs a new rotor on the right side (Don't even know the cost)

Anyway... I'm not putting that much time/work/money into that piece of shit anymore.

There is a small dealership down the road that can get me into an 08  Ford Sport Trac 4x4 for what I can afford... () <--- That thing.

It's got 65,000 miles on it. Drives nice, very smooth. Everything looks clean, carfax reports oil changes every 5k miles, and nothing else, no accidents, or repairs.

It's 12,000$ and 160$ a month.
My insurance will be about 1,200$ a year.

Do I keep looking, or take this? I don't know how long I have on the Taurus before the timing snaps on me. Keep in mind, I'm in the middle of no-where and everything I need is about 25 miles away.


--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ford Sport Trac 4x4 [Re: DarkElf]
    #17539435 -

DarkElf said:
It's 12,000$ and 160$ a month.
My insurance will be about 1,200$ a year.





maybe keep looking, $160/mo for 60mos (5yrs) is less than $10k, your taurus
would bring about $3500 as a trade at most, even at $5k as a trade they're not
making dick, if he can guarantee you what he's saying at those rates on a 5yr
loan, jump all over that bitch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ford Sport Trac 4x4 [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17539445 -

Prisoner#1 said:
DarkElf said:
It's 12,000$ and 160$ a month.
My insurance will be about 1,200$ a year.





maybe keep looking, $160/mo for 60mos (5yrs) is less than $10k, your taurus
would bring about $3500 as a trade at most, even at $5k as a trade they're not
making dick, if he can guarantee you what he's saying at those rates on a 5yr
loan, jump all over that bitch



He offered 2,500$ trade but I have 800$ studs on the car right now, and he said with the studs, and the seasonals I have here at am, he'd give me 3k for it. But I told him I'd be taking out the deck and putting in the old one, and he didn't care. :shrug:

I told my buddy and he said "why the fuck would you get a Ford again bro?" I told him the Taurus was a beast, it's just been roughed up a lot. A shit ton of city miles too, and torn up Upstate NY roads.


--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ford Sport Trac 4x4 [Re: DarkElf]
    #17539458 -

as baller of a truck that is can you really afford it with an infant and whatnot? would at least be safe...

your losing money on gas with a leak like that and while you could probably get equipment to weld all those holes shut for less than 300 dollars you would still have a timing belt to worry about.

then again your health is worth more than car payments or whatever, if you can find a cheaper yeah but the insurance on pickups is cheapski

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ford Sport Trac 4x4 [Re: Dest]
    #17539481 -

Dest said:
as baller of a truck that is can you really afford it with an infant and whatnot? would at least be safe...




That's what I'm looking for mostly. Safety.

After bills came out this month, I have about 400 dollars left over. Plus, with income taxes my wife and I pay the insurance a year at a time. I also contacted National Grid, and we are going to pay 1,000$ in credit on that when we get taxes.

So I'll have even more "left over" I get her diapers/wipes at BJ's/Sams club and I hoard the shit out of those. We've got about 3,000 wipes stocked up right now, and 2 boxes of each size until she's a year old of diapers. If I have to buy inbetween's I can no problem.

We also started to Hoard formula when we found out my wife was Pregnant. I think we have about 45 cans left. And since starting baby food we use about 2-3 cans less each month now.

With our new jobs, we are doing great too. 9.00$ an hour (which is awesome in Upstate) for each of us, at full time, a block away from our apartment, with benefits, matching 401k, and year end bonuses. If I had more cash/trade in value RIGHT NOW, I'd probably go for something better, but this is what I have to work with NOW.


--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ford Sport Trac 4x4 [Re: DarkElf]
    #17539958 -

fuel economy with it wont be great but for a midsize it competes with the
fullsize trucks in towing capacity, and as the fords go, those should have
a 4.6l v8 and I can attest to the triton engines being pretty durable under
abusive conditions, a maintained truck will last for many years

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need advice on 4x4 trucks kanglow 523 8 11/29/09 10:04 PM
by WakeboardrB
* Satisfaction with life Sheekle 456 11 01/12/13 10:02 PM
by Gilgamesh18
* Should i buy a 4x4 campervan?
( 1 2 all )
PDU 2,070 29 10/09/12 10:04 PM
by PDU
* Bio-Diesel & 4x4 questions Tomatadunothing 1,615 11 04/01/05 01:00 PM
by Tomatadunothing
* Shroomeries Favourite Sports Car
( 1 2 all )
desant 2,495 21 01/08/11 07:34 AM
by desant
* Ford F-Series vs Dodge Ram Series
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 2,223 30 08/01/05 09:56 PM
by afoaf
* Ford Explorers Cherk 459 15 10/17/11 11:55 PM
by Dosile Kouki
* so my mushroom hunt ended up as a 4x4 in my car... kadakuda 1,061 5 10/02/04 10:58 PM
by kadakuda

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
324 topic views. 7 members, 15 guests and 141 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.