Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Which social cause do you/would you support?
    #17357065 -

Let assume from the start that we all would back weed legalization. So yes, I know already.

By support I mean doing something for them other than donating money.

What do you/would you support? Greenpeace? Red cross? Heart Foundation? Beaten Babies Foundation?

What?


--------------------

Edited by Patlal (12/08/12 07:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: Patlal]
    #17357079 -

Basically anything that is genuinely designed to better the lives of other people either directly or indirectly, which of course includes any environmental causes as well.


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: Patlal]
    #17357102 -

I would not just back weed legalization, but pretty much all drug-legalization as well.

Besides that, probably environmental movements or anti-war movements.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #17357130 -

I dont keep up with all the foundations but environmental movements are very respectable and I would support them. I'd rather support them by volunteering with them then giving money though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: lar20] * 1
    #17357139 -

lar20 said:
I'd rather support them by volunteering with them then giving money though.



That's a smart way to go about it. Money can easily fall into the wrong hands and often never ends up supporting the cause you intended it to. Your time and hard work always goes where you want it to.


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17357178 -

JoieDeVivre said:
lar20 said:
I'd rather support them by volunteering with them then giving money though.



That's a smart way to go about it. Money can easily fall into the wrong hands and often never ends up supporting the cause you intended it to. Your time and hard work always goes where you want it to.



That is originally what I meant. Not just money. Actual work.

Ill edit my post


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: Patlal]
    #17357198 -

Patlal said:
What do you/would you support? Greenpeace? Red cross? Heart Foundation? Beaten Babies Foundation?




Prisoner#1 as emperor of the world

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 2
    #17357221 -

The eradication of liberalism.


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17357244 -

JoieDeVivre said:
Basically anything that is genuinely designed to better the lives of other people either directly or indirectly, which of course includes any environmental causes as well.



Oh God.

Please tell me you are not some tree hugging hippie. (Nothing wrong with that, but i'll elaborate more on this.)

Fact is, civilization as we know is on the path to total destruction.

All this good people are trying to do for the environment won't matter once the nukes start flying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: YSHServant]
    #17357248 -

TheMadHatter777 said:
JoieDeVivre said:
Basically anything that is genuinely designed to better the lives of other people either directly or indirectly, which of course includes any environmental causes as well.



Oh God.

Please tell me you are not some tree hugging hippie. (Nothing wrong with that, but i'll elaborate more on this.)

Fact is, civilization as we know is on the path to total destruction.

All this good people are trying to do for the environment won't matter once the nukes start flying.



doesnt mean theres anything wrong with trying.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: YSHServant]
    #17357250 -

mpd said:
The eradication of liberalism.



Why would you chose to eradicate liberalism over the current social conservatism?

TheMadHatter777 said:
Oh God.

Please tell me you are not some tree hugging hippie. (Nothing wrong with that, but i'll elaborate more on this.)

Fact is, civilization as we know is on the path to total destruction.

All this good people are trying to do for the environment won't matter once the nukes start flying.



Yes, I love the earth and the environment that I am a part of.

The nukes wont start flying unless something really extravagant happens. Civilization is on a path to destruction if we allow it to be. The future is in our hands. We decide what happens.


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: YSHServant]
    #17357259 -

I support reforestation projects by working on them, but generally I do it for money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17357271 -

Do any of you watch the news?

HELLO! Iran is supposedly making a nuclear weapon.

I don't think that's the case.

I think the media will continue this charade and say Iran has the weapon. Then a nuke will hit somewhere and Iran will be blamed for it thus you have your 3rd world war.

Fact of the matter is i'm starting to believe global warming is real. The past two years where I live have been summer all year long.

Either that or it's HAARP fucking everything up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: psi] * 1
    #17357275 -

Does NASA count as a social cause?


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: YSHServant]
    #17357288 -

TheMadHatter777 said:
Do any of you watch the news?

HELLO! Iran is supposedly making a nuclear weapon.

I don't think that's the case.

I think the media will continue this charade and say Iran has the weapon. Then a nuke will hit somewhere and Iran will be blamed for it thus you have your 3rd world war.

Fact of the matter is i'm starting to believe global warming is real. The past two years where I live have been summer all year long.

Either that or it's HAARP fucking everything up.



All rational people know that Iran is not actually close to producing a nuclear weapon so if someone tried to blame them, our government would automatically call bullshit.

Global warming is real, it's not something you have to "believe" in. Read the studies on it.


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: YSHServant]
    #17357303 -

TheMadHatter777 said:
JoieDeVivre said:
Basically anything that is genuinely designed to better the lives of other people either directly or indirectly, which of course includes any environmental causes as well.



Oh God.

Please tell me you are not some tree hugging hippie. (Nothing wrong with that, but i'll elaborate more on this.)

Fact is, civilization as we know is on the path to total destruction.

All this good people are trying to do for the environment won't matter once the nukes start flying.



Jesus, she wants to better the lives of people? Or help the ENVIRONMENT? That is disgusting /sarcasm

A couple of specific things I would personally support:
1. Global science education initiative. It is sad how many people do not know about the basics of energy, matter, forces, and other physical science facts. That is only the tip of the iceberg though, so many people are incredibly stupid. It blows my mind all the time.

2. Develop Africa. Should come naturally after everyone receives a proper education though.

3. Develop more sustainable energy practices.

TheMadHatter777 said:
Do any of you watch the news?

HELLO! Iran is supposedly making a nuclear weapon.

I don't think that's the case.

I think the media will continue this charade and say Iran has the weapon. Then a nuke will hit somewhere and Iran will be blamed for it thus you have your 3rd world war.

Fact of the matter is i'm starting to believe global warming is real. The past two years where I live have been summer all year long.

Either that or it's HAARP fucking everything up.



You are buying into the media hype. Iran is nothing right now. And that doesn't have much of anything to do with social causes unless you are speaking of the Iranian revolutionary movement. The people will probably revolt in 10-15 years depending on how their next elections go.


--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17357313 -

JoieDeVivre said:
TheMadHatter777 said:
Do any of you watch the news?

HELLO! Iran is supposedly making a nuclear weapon.

I don't think that's the case.

I think the media will continue this charade and say Iran has the weapon. Then a nuke will hit somewhere and Iran will be blamed for it thus you have your 3rd world war.

Fact of the matter is i'm starting to believe global warming is real. The past two years where I live have been summer all year long.

Either that or it's HAARP fucking everything up.



All rational people know that Iran is not actually close to producing a nuclear weapon so if someone tried to blame them, our government would automatically call bullshit.

Global warming is real, it's not something you have to "believe" in. Read the studies on it.



I was once told by this 40 year old crackhead I used that know that "seeing is believing".:shrug:

You just did the unthinkable I might add. You are defending the broken American Federal government. They wouldn't call BS on anything as long as it means they get involved in another war. War means more money for rich people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #17357319 -

Acaterpillar said:
Does NASA count as a social cause?



Of course!

That would be my first place.

I really want to see either aliens or pictures of another inhabitable planet before I die. I want to know that it is possible.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: Patlal]
    #17357323 -

It is pathetic that we don't have a base on the moon yet. We have had the capability for quite a long time.


--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Which social cause do you/would you support? [Re: The_Aviator]
    #17357336 -

The_Aviator said:
It is pathetic that we don't have a base on the moon yet. We have had the capability for quite a long time.



I know right.

But some people are starving and others are dying from horrible diseases.. They get all the money cause apparently "its more important" :bored:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Adamist 22,802 175 01/11/05 02:18 AM
by Turd
* Thinking about joining Greenpeace....? adamj 976 11 11/04/04 10:46 PM
by Vvellum
* No more social smoking for me
( 1 2 3 all )
LthirdSeyeD 6,405 40 01/20/06 11:14 PM
by Konnrade
* greenpeace is getin hardcore
( 1 2 all )
DeadPhan 4,055 28 01/15/06 04:16 PM
by Konnrade
* Greenpeace Co-Founder Says Man-Made Global Warming is Bunk...
( 1 2 3 all )
mpd 2,345 46 02/26/14 05:27 PM
by Seriously_trippin
* "Social Security" number Viveka 1,121 11 01/07/05 08:02 AM
by MeatSpace
* I work for Greenpeace and my team leader is shady *DELETED* fee 883 11 08/20/13 12:54 PM
by Enjoywho
* Greenpeace Tasty_Smurf_House 731 8 03/04/06 05:31 PM
by mediman0078

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
809 topic views. 3 members, 10 guests and 81 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.