Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3599596 - 01/08/05 04:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The only fuckups are those that fail to achieve what they strive for in life.

Adamist, why could you not provide good music, good people, good vibes, and good spirits in an environment without drugs? Is it that you cannot? I don't think so, however I just don't think drugs should be such a common encorporation in one's life. They are only foreign substances, they aren't what makes a person who they are or what they believe. I think the real road to knowledge and understanding lies in the realm without drugs through the tuning of one's own self conciousness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3599606 - 01/08/05 04:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I HEREBY PROPOSE that all adolescents undergo iniatiatory psychedelic rituals guided by one or both of their parents.

After all.... desperate times call for desperate futations.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: relativexistance]
    #3599621 - 01/08/05 04:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist, why could you not provide good music, good people, good vibes, and good spirits in an environment without drugs?

Of course I could do that, I'm just saying that these environments already exist and I wouldn't want to take away the oppurtunity for my child to experience it just because I wanted to "protect" them from the drug-use that could be present. :thumbdown:

--------------------

Edited by Adamist (01/08/05 08:50 PM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3599850 - 01/08/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Define "fuck up".

fuckup:

somone does not have an education nor intellect.
repeatedly puts themselves into abusive relationships
someone who habitually put themselves into harmful situations for no reason.
someone who is often in financial crises by their own actions
someone who fucks over friends (or never pays them back)
someone who has no ounce of morals or principles guiding their lives.
someone who does not have any direction or ambition in life other than to get fucked up.
someone who is quite anti-social in their behavior.
someone who doesnt reach a level of maturity that would turn away from such behaviors as these.

Quote:

Whos standards are you leaning towards?

Regarding what a fuckup is? give me a break - you know exactly what characteristics I'm talking about.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3599956 - 01/08/05 06:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've done alot of drugs, and I don't think I fit any of those traits, besides maybe being somewhat anti-social. But that's always been a part of my personality, even as a child.
In regards to not having an education, I dropped out of Florida's "education" system but I don't give a fuck. I've gotten WAY more education out of books, the internet, and old fashioned experience than I ever would through that shithole system. And I would say I have somewhat of an intellect; I enjoy discussing things and formulating opinions and all that good stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: Adamist]
    #3599961 - 01/08/05 06:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

good for you.
you're in the minority then.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3599965 - 01/08/05 06:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It certainly seems that way sometimes. :crazy:

I do however, share a handful of friends who also fall into the same minority. The cosmos has been fortunate to me for such great friends. I include many Shroomerites in this category, even the ones I have yet to meet in person.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: Adamist]
    #3599978 - 01/08/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

cool. I can introduce you to quite a few teenage mothers and strippers and juvenile delinquents and violent criminals who fall into the majority.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#3600003 - 01/08/05 06:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I can find those on my own.

Do you honestly think that drugs made these people this way? More likely it was their fuckhead parents not giving 2 shits about them that made them this way. Drugs are great scapegoats, I know, but let's be honest with ourselves. The drugs don't cause people to become idiots, they are bred to become idiots.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3600029 - 01/08/05 06:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

you wont be bothered to change a child's dipers as well even if you're stoned

If this is the case, then you shouldn't smoke weed ever anyway. If smoking weed has the potential to make you so lazy that you would not even change your baby's dirty diaper, then you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near weed whether you have kids or not.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #3600047 - 01/08/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

HIPPIE Alert!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3600056 - 01/08/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Do you honestly think that drugs made these people this way? More likely it was their fuckhead parents not giving 2 shits about them that made them this way. Drugs are great scapegoats, I know, but let's be honest with ourselves. The drugs don't cause people to become idiots, they are bred to become idiots.

...see, a child's mind is still developing; it is not as solid and formed as an adult brain.. when you introduce consciousness-expanding chemicals into an adult brain, it can [usually] weather it out and be fine. this is not true of children. child development 101.

this is not to say that you should shelter your children. I am saying be honest and answer all questions. but allowing your children to actually consume drugs before they are ready is harmful and quite idealistic ("drugs are wonderful. everyone should take them").

I also think people like mckenna would agree - drugs (psychedelics in particular) should be reserved for those who are mature enough to use them.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#3600101 - 01/08/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Listen, I agree with you. I don't know why everyone thinks I said I would encourage "children" to consume drugs. When they became of decision-making age though, I would ideally encourage them in whatever path they choose, which would come in their own natural unfoldment process at it's own time.

--------------------

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#3600318 - 01/08/05 08:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:werd: bi0

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: relativexistance]
    #3600367 - 01/08/05 08:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You may not encourage them to do drugs, but by introducing them at such an early age you are going to make them curious as shit. Once they are curious they will be able to get it because you are living somewhere which has drugs o' plenty.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: Jim]
    #3600382 - 01/08/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think if I teach them to respect it first, before they try it, then they just might understand and wait around until they matured enough to handle it, which in my own case was around 15 years of age. I started eating psychedelics at that age and I have no regrets, most definately.

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3600394 - 01/08/05 08:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am confused. I do not consider 15 a young age. The mind is still not fully developed, but knows right from wrong.

I'm just saying the if you wave the forbidden fruit in front of a nine year old, they are gonna bite it.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: Jim]
    #3600422 - 01/08/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Not if they respect your opinion at all and listen to you when you tell them that these things need to be respected and must wait for them to reach a maturity level in which they can deal with them properly.
If given the choice in my own case, I don't think I would of starting using drugs that much earlier. It wasn't until my mid-teen years that I ever even had the urge to deliberately alter my consciousness.

--------------------

Invisible420Girl
SmokerExtraordinaire

Loc: The Big South
Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3600435 - 01/08/05 08:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Whew, what a read!!!!

My parents were hippies, and I turned out fine. Actually, they smoked around me until I was old enough to know what was going on. Then they quit to set the "good example". Whatever. It never made me wanna do drugs or experiment or anything. I just really didn't think much about it.

I'm not planning on having children. To be honest, it makes me a little uncomfortable to go over to a friend's house & have them fire up a doob while their kids are running around the house. Kids should at least be sent outside to play (like I was told to do when I was a kid), because they don't need to be up adult's asses when adults are having adult conversations and being adults. That's not to say that parents should get totally out of it (with alcohol or marijuana or LSD or anything) while they have their kids, but I don't think smoking a joint now and again is any harm to your kids in the long run. I think that you shouldn't HIDE it from them forever, but you shouldn't be blatant about it, either. I think the same could be said about alcohol. I think people forget THAT'S a drug, but it's socially acceptable to get drunk in front of your kids. I think you should address the legalities of it with your kids.

--------------------

Fuck this......let's go smoke a bowl.

"Weed will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed."  --Freewheelin' Franklin

"Life is not all....flowers and sausages!"

I <heart> Joe!

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"? [Re: 420Girl]
    #3600452 - 01/08/05 08:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

420Girl said:
Whew, what a read!!!!

My parents were hippies, and I turned out fine. Actually, they smoked around me until I was old enough to know what was going on. Then they quit to set the "good example". Whatever. It never made me wanna do drugs or experiment or anything. I just really didn't think much about it.

I'm not planning on having children. To be honest, it makes me a little uncomfortable to go over to a friend's house & have them fire up a doob while their kids are running around the house. Kids should at least be sent outside to play (like I was told to do when I was a kid), because they don't need to be up adult's asses when adults are having adult conversations and being adults. That's not to say that parents should get totally out of it (with alcohol or marijuana or LSD or anything) while they have their kids, but I don't think smoking a joint now and again is any harm to your kids in the long run. I think that you shouldn't HIDE it from them forever, but you shouldn't be blatant about it, either. I think the same could be said about alcohol. I think people forget THAT'S a drug, but it's socially acceptable to get drunk in front of your kids. I think you should address the legalities of it with your kids.

You summed it up very well. I had the same situation growing up. My parents told me the truth about everything as I became mature enough to understand what they were talking about in the greater context to the rest of the world. When I was 16 or 17 my parents had no problem smoking a bong with me, so long as I was doing well in school and not being a shmuck. I see no problem with parents enjoying their life, so long as they dont fuck up the lives of their children along the way.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order