Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I'm writing an essay on buddhism
    #17321369 -

Well, i am writing an essay on buddhism for my religions class.

I'm either going to write on the process of salvation in buddhism and hinduism, freeing yourself from the wheel of misfortune (samsara). this is about finding ones inner self and releasing yourself from the suffering or in balance life brings.

Or.

On the practice of meditation and the reasons it's a useful tool. Also discussing mantra and chants and using all this towards the goal of mindfulness and centering. Talk about differences in mahayana and therevada.

I think i'm going to pick the second one, mindfulness and meditation.

I was wondering if anyone experienced with buddhism or knowledgeable in this category could help give me some ideas to write about?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm writing an essay on buddhism [Re: Everything]
    #17321386 -

Write about Moksha, the idealist hindu life of liberation from Maya through the salvation of meditation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm writing an essay on buddhism [Re: Everything]
    #17321424 -

try the search engine, we have talked about this a lot
wear  rubber gloves and protective goggles
good luck
keep to the middle path


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm writing an essay on buddhism [Re: Greenvalley]
    #17321430 -

My last essay in this class was on hinduism and the four stages of life actually. Moksha was hard to write about because it's so vague in a way. It gets down to some seriously spiritual stuff.

You have a goal, but your goal is to renounce everything, so you kind of don't have a goal, but you do?

You are on a path to become closer to the divine, but at the same time "we are all one, but infinite" is commonly stated. If you are already one then how can you get much closer?

I ended up writing a bit about how words are unimportant and in some cases a distraction from the spiritual path.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm writing an essay on buddhism [Re: Everything]
    #17323984 -

if you do the second topic you could write about the neuroscience of meditation.


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm writing an essay on buddhism [Re: blingbling]
    #17324303 -

I think i just might do that. I am 4 pages into this essay and i picked meditation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm writing an essay on buddhism [Re: Everything]
    #17324377 -

it would be cool to see if different styles of meditation such as those practised in the mahayana or therevada traditions create different patterns of brain activity. you could also cross examine buddhist, hindu and even christian styles of meditation for alterations in brain activity  :thaaannks:


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* christianity and hinduism zandorf 531 1 11/05/03 08:54 PM
by Kremlin
* The Deconstruction of Buddhism. Icelander 1,632 6 12/01/05 04:07 PM
by Icelander
* Early Indian Buddhism Kremlin 886 4 10/31/03 09:07 PM
by Kremlin
* Buddhism Overview to correct Misunderstandings
( 1 2 3 4 all )
egghead1 9,180 77 05/13/05 06:05 PM
by Icelander
* Eastern Religions II: Early Mahayana Buddhism Kremlin 1,945 13 11/13/03 07:32 AM
by eve69
* Question about Buddhism Northernsoul 1,791 13 06/21/04 05:31 PM
by redgreenvines
* Love and buddhism [the Nirvana]
( 1 2 all )
Meph 4,464 25 05/07/03 04:42 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Understanding Your Ego - Buddhism *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
Sinbad 3,280 41 02/18/05 09:36 AM
by Sinbad

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
802 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 63 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.