Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Buddhism Overview to correct Misunderstandings [Re: Doom]
    #4161953 - 05/11/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doom said:
because where a person comes from details what kind of conditioning they have endured.

Oh I though you were making a point. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Buddhism Overview to correct Misunderstandings [Re: Icelander]
    #4162053 - 05/11/05 01:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

one "buddhist" has a Yahoo group for meditating on psychedellics and maintains it is the only right way - that the buddha did it - that he has documents proving his declarations - and he will listen to no arguments about it: just preach preach preach...

Personally I think he comes from good genetic preacher stock and once he got a glimpse of something on mushrooms and he is now repeating his "satori" in a most christian way he knows: mushroomic buddhistic fundamentalism.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Buddhism Overview to correct Misunderstandings [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4162064 - 05/11/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh thats does'nt sound too pleasing, fundamentalism of any kind is not good.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Buddhism Overview to correct Misunderstandings [Re: egghead1]
    #4162831 - 05/11/05 05:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The belief that one needs to rely on beliefs e.g. Buddhist philosophy.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Buddhism Overview to correct Misunderstandings [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4162846 - 05/11/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
The belief that one needs to rely on beliefs e.g. Buddhist philosophy.

Not at all, go read some Buddhist Philosophy and then come back and apologize for your ignorance. : :evil: :grin: :smirk:

The Buddha said : Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. Do not believe anything because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.  :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4162878 - 05/11/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: You should be apologizing for your ignorance if you suggest that I'll recieve some epiphany from reading it... I know myself and I don't need a crutch.

You should be apologizing to me, at least let me know when your able to live without a crutch.

I suggest reliance on your own potential, versus adopting idealogies because they seem to fit and put the pieces of your puzzle together.

:shrug: Sorry, I'm more into unique perspectives and outlooks, and evolution of character and beliefs, not clinging to the same old tired refrain.

I'm not wholly against Buddhism, yet not totally accepting of it, same way with the good ol' book. You should utilize his teachings on the doctrine he espouses. Be a bit more critical, then again you're free to do as you wish...

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Invisibleninjapixie
 User Gallery

#4162925 - 05/11/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Buddhists who defend buddhism are attached to their method of finding detachment.

Who the fuk stole my nachos?
Stoned without munchies :frown:

--------------------
Put that monkey back in the oven.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4162935 - 05/11/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
:lol: You should be apologizing for your ignorance if you suggest that I'll receive some epiphany from reading it... I know myself and I don't need a crutch.

When did i suggest such a thing?

You should be apologizing to me, at least let me know when your able to live without a crutch.

You should be apologizing to me for assuming and suggesting that I'm living with any crutch :lol:

I suggest reliance on your own potential, versus adopting ideologies because they seem to fit and put the pieces of your puzzle together.

I suggest you quit making assumptions and actually read the words of the Buddha on the above post. Then you might understand something about the Buddha's teachings, and you may also understand how your previous comment is untrue. My personal spiritual endeavor and intention is to smash all the puzzles to reveal how things really are, without any pieced together, idealized picture of the myself and the world. 

:shrug: Sorry, I'm more into unique perspectives and outlooks, and evolution of character and beliefs, not clinging to the same old tired refrain.

Do you want a shiny golden medal or something? How you live your life is fine and dandy with me, but why go ignorantly pissing up my leg just because you find faults with something you obviously know very little and take no time to actually learn anything about  :evil: :smirk:

What leads you to believe that I'm clinging to anything at all? Are you sure that's not just another one of those false beliefs that you are clinging to? :lol: :smirk: :heart:

I'm not wholly against Buddhism, yet not totally accepting of it, same way with the good ol' book. You should utilize his teachings on the doctrine he espouses. Be a bit more critical, then again you're free to do as you wish...

After observation and analysis, when i find  anything that agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then i accept it and live up to it. That is how i have and will continue to apply the Buddha's teachings.  :sun:

Edited by egghead1 (05/11/05 06:03 PM)

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Buddhism Overview to correct Misunderstandings [Re: ninjapixie]
    #4162944 - 05/11/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ninjapixie said:
Buddhists who defend buddhism are attached to their method of finding detachment.

Who the fuk stole my nachos?
Stoned without munchies :frown:

Im not defending anything at all, im just pointing out ignorance and misuderstandings.

--------------------

Invisibleninjapixie
 User Gallery

#4162973 - 05/11/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You talk too much.

I bet you stole my nachos too didn't you?
I summon a posse of pixies to play operation on your soul.

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4163016 - 05/11/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ninjapixie said:
You talk too much.

I bet you stole my nachos too didn't you?
I summon a posse of pixies to play operation on your soul.

Ahhh No! the pixies are commin....... :lol:

And yes i did steal your natchos, they were very tasty with that deleicious pixiedip.  :heart: :wink: :sun:

--------------------

Invisibleninjapixie
 User Gallery

#4163051 - 05/11/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sacrelige!!

Eating pixies is bad karma.
you will be reincarnated as an unsalted corn chip (not one of those fancy cheese flavoured ones).

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4163063 - 05/11/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: As long as i get to be dippied in pixiedip, a Corn chip's life aint half bad  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #4163387 - 05/11/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Psychoactive, perhaps you don't need a crutch, but what about a tool? Or is Buddhism so threatening to you that you cannot appreciate and use it without emotional attachement? Perhaps you could stand to learn some Buddhism! :tongue: I mean no offense, but it just seems you're coming off as on the attack in this thread.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4163525 - 05/11/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
:lol: You should be apologizing for your ignorance if you suggest that I'll receive some epiphany from reading it... I know myself and I don't need a crutch.

1) When did i suggest such a thing?

2) You should be apologizing to me for assuming and suggesting that I'm living with any crutch :lol:

I suggest reliance on your own potential, versus adopting ideologies because they seem to fit and put the pieces of your puzzle together.

I suggest you quit making assumptions and actually read the words of the Buddha on the above post. Then you might understand something about the Buddha's teachings, and you may also understand how your previous comment is untrue. My personal spiritual endeavor and intention is to smash all the puzzles to reveal how things really are, without any pieced together, idealized picture of the myself and the world. 

3) Do you want a shiny golden medal or something? How you live your life is fine and dandy with me, but why go ignorantly pissing up my leg just because you find faults with something you obviously know very little and take no time to actually learn anything about  :evil: :smirk:

What leads you to believe that I'm clinging to anything at all? Are you sure that's not just another one of those false beliefs that you are clinging to? :lol: :smirk: :heart:

4) After observation and analysis, when i find  anything that agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then i accept it and live up to it. That is how i have and will continue to apply the Buddha's teachings.  :sun:

1) You imply it by taking offense when anyone says anything negative about your Buddhism and further, how you promote the belief.

2) Well, apparently you are... you're not following a Buddhist way in your argumentation, or are you just another person that cuts and pastes their beliefs onto the template they prefer while ignoring others? You should know exactly what I'm referring to, if you don't.... well, your Buddha would be ashamed of you.

3) You'd be surprised how aware I am of it... I don't judge anything unless I know it to a substantial degree... I don't like gold, I prefer silver, that's irrelevant though. I was commenting on how the belief is good in certain aspects, yet falls short in many others... sorry you can't take criticism. I know you're clinging to it, else you wouldn't be so adamant in your debate tactics, which, really isn't a Buddhist approach... but I'm sure you know that, since you apparently possess delusions of grandeur which are a direct result of your enlightenment.... good job on your ego-loss. :bow:

4) so pick and choose? Fine, ironic that you take offense when I make the same suggestion in regards to adhering to a belief system.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (05/11/05 08:14 PM)

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4165210 - 05/12/05 02:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

egghead1 said:
Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:

1) When did i suggest such a thing?

2) You should be apologizing to me for assuming and suggesting that I'm living with any kind of crutch :lol:

3) Do you want a shiny golden medal or something? How you live your life is fine and dandy with me, but why go ignorantly pissing up my leg just because you find faults with something you obviously know very little and take no time to actually learn anything about  :evil: :smirk:

4) After observation and analysis, when i find  anything that agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then i accept it and live up to it. That is how i have and will continue to apply the Buddha's teachings.  :sun:

1) You imply it by taking offense when anyone says anything negative about your Buddhism and further, how you promote the belief.

I took no offense, i was just pointing out your ignorance. Buddhism belongs to knowone my friend, Im not trying to promote anything.

2) Well, apparently you are... you're not following a Buddhist way in your argumentation, or are you just another person that cuts and pastes their beliefs onto the template they prefer while ignoring others? You should know exactly what I'm referring to, if you don't.... well, your Buddha would be ashamed of you.

What exactly is the Buddhist way of argument, im inrigued by this, perhpas you can offer me a link to an appropriate source or scripture? What beliefs are you talking about? Im really quite interetsted now, your utter vagueness seems to be increasing with each post. Im sure if i have made any mistakes, the Buddha would be compassiionately forgiving of them. But im pretty sure, im not the one who's done most of the ignoring on this thread. I wonder if you actually read much of the original post? :lol:

3) You'd be surprised how aware I am of it... I don't judge anything unless I know it to a substantial degree... I don't like gold, I prefer silver, that's irrelevant though. I was commenting on how the belief is good in certain aspects, yet falls short in many others... sorry you can't take criticism. I know you're clinging to it, else you wouldn't be so adamant in your debate tactics, which, really isn't a Buddhist approach... but I'm sure you know that, since you apparently possess delusions of grandeur which are a direct result of your enlightenment.... good job on your ego-loss. :bow:

If you had even some basic knowlege of Buddhism, you would,nt have made half the comments you have thus far. Again, what belief are you referring to? Your being extremely vague about all this, how about some specifics? How do you know that im clinigng to anything? Do you have some special extra sensory perception that enables you to see how a person is through there post? Becuase if you think you do,then either you are very delusional or your E.S.P radar must be off by a long shot, you should try and retune it to get a better reception.:lol:

I think the only ego, that anyone can see clearly and work to overcome is their own, i personally would never presume to know if ego processes were running through your mind or not, becuase frankly, i don't know you and any assumptions id make about your ego would either be a projection of my own, or just pure speculation

So tell me again, what is the Buddhist approach to debate tactics? Im unfamiliar with the Buddha ever expressing or giving any teachigns on this matter, please feel free to enlighten me with your knowlege and wisdom? I find your posts very amusing, thanks for the chuckle. :lol:

4) so pick and choose? Fine, ironic that you take offense when I make the same suggestion in regards to adhering to a belief system.

I took no offense my friend, it was all said in good humour. But what exactly was i meant to pick and choose? One last question, what debate tactics do you think im so adamantly using? This has been very amsusing, i hope to debate with you again soon, but next time, try to debate on a topic that you actually have some knowlege about, then it might be a little more interesting and less vague and amusing  :grin: :heart:

--------------------

Edited by egghead1 (05/12/05 03:02 AM)

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #4172081 - 05/13/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

* Ped affectionately passes his torch to egghead.

I hope these people teach you as much as they've taught me. :smile:

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Buddhism Overview to correct Misunderstandings [Re: Ped]
    #4172087 - 05/13/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
* Ped affectionately passes his torch to egghead.

I was kind of hoping to get to know you. Peace, and Love. :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom