Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: White Beard]
    #17165005 -

I never really understood compassion. :shrug: I can understand that if you really made yourself zero you'd give as much of a toss for yourself as anyone else, I'd call that uncondtional disregard but I don't really live like that.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: deff]
    #17165007 -

I knew you would like it. :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: Grapefruit]
    #17165023 -

By making yourself zero, do you mean loosing all self importance? Perhaps because loosing self importance is the best way to reduce suffering, thus it could be seen as compassionate. Maybe helping other people reach zero is compassion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: White Beard]
    #17165052 -

Maybe. :confused: Seems like an impossible task. I've never met anyone who's help I want sorting out my mind state, I suppose I might someday but in the meantime it looks like me and the rest are completely fucking clueless else we'd be satisfied. If not contented at least satisfied in the knowledge that we are what we are.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: Grapefruit]
    #17165152 -

Cluelessness might be a good thing though. Re: the cloud of unknowing.

Anyhoo, I have a super creepy spiritual synchronicity type story for you guys:
I searched up an online free version of this text, and downloaded the pdf. I tried opening it in 'preview' (I have a mac) and right away the program froze and I got the spinning spiral loading wheel. I thought "w/e, on the webpage, there is a version I can read right off of the net." I force quit preview, and read that for awhile. Then a little while later I figure it's time to do some homework. I open up preview again to get at my computer science assignment and guess what? When I reopen it, the program is still frozen. Tried restarting a few times... still broken. The bug also caused my whole computer to crash once. The cloud of unknowing is preventing me from knowing the next question of my programming assignment. :omgz: :shiftyeyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: White Beard]
    #17167224 -

:lol:


--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: White Beard]
    #17169889 -

White Beard said:
Cluelessness might be a good thing though. Re: the cloud of unknowing.

Anyhoo, I have a super creepy spiritual synchronicity type story for you guys:
I searched up an online free version of this text, and downloaded the pdf. I tried opening it in 'preview' (I have a mac) and right away the program froze and I got the spinning spiral loading wheel. I thought "w/e, on the webpage, there is a version I can read right off of the net." I force quit preview, and read that for awhile. Then a little while later I figure it's time to do some homework. I open up preview again to get at my computer science assignment and guess what? When I reopen it, the program is still frozen. Tried restarting a few times... still broken. The bug also caused my whole computer to crash once. The cloud of unknowing is preventing me from knowing the next question of my programming assignment. :omgz: :shiftyeyes:




unknowned


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: Kickle]
    #17174249 -

:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: White Beard]
    #17176469 -

I assure you, God is knowable.
Comprehending fully the works of Walter Russell would suffice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the cloud of unknowing [Re: Kickle]
    #17181085 -

update: I recommend the book as a nice look at Christian mysticism and a shift from the extreme overuse of the Bible as sole source of teachings. 

Two ways of life in the Holy Church:

"One is the active, the other the contemplative life. Active is the lower, contemplation the higher. The active life has two parts, a higher and a lower, and likewise the contemplative has two parts too, a lower and higher. These two ways of life are linked, and though they are different, each is dependent on the other. For what we call the higher part of the active life is the same as the lower part of the contemplative life. A man cannot be fully active except he be partly contemplative, nor fully contemplative (at least on earth) without being partly active. Active life is begun and ended in this life; not so the contemplative."

"The lower part of the active life consists of good, straightforward acts of mercy and charity. The higher part (which is the lower part of contemplative living) is made up of various things, for example, spiritual meditation, an awareness of one's own wretched state, sorrow and contrition, and a gratitude for Christ's compassion, a gratitude which praises God for his wonderful gifts, his kindness, and works in all parts of his creation, physical and spiritual. But the higher part of contemplation--at least as we know it in this life--is wholly caught up in darkness, and in this cloud of unknowing, with an outreaching love and blind groping for the naked being of God, himself and him only.

Everything a man does in the lower part of the active life is necessarily exterior to him, so to speak, beneath him. In the higher part (the lower part of the contemplative) a man's activity is inward, within himself, and he is, so to speak, on the level. In the higher part of the contemplative life a man is definitely reaching above himself and is inferior to none but God."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Christianity, US government and the biblical end of times ... is it NOW ?
( 1 2 3 all )
MAIA 11,179 56 02/12/07 12:17 PM
by Lightningfractal
* The Next Christianity spud 5,880 16 01/30/06 03:54 PM
by Gliders
* Christians
( 1 2 3 all )
robbyberto 6,075 51 07/05/07 11:10 AM
by Brian
* how many real christians are there?
( 1 2 3 all )
secretmachine 7,300 59 03/02/20 03:08 AM
by Amanita86
* Christian Theology MarkostheGnostic 2,066 6 02/08/07 02:59 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Anonymous Christianity shroomydan 1,233 2 04/13/06 07:03 PM
by fivepointer
* Christianity before Christ - Jesus, Horus, Krishna, and the sun MAIA 10,697 19 12/19/05 12:32 PM
by MAIA
* Christianity based off of Egyptian Mythology? kaniz 2,226 15 06/05/06 10:16 AM
by MarkostheGnostic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
1,173 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.