Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

Loc: here, there, everywhere
Re: Cakes blued after harvest-Why?
    #17172 - 05/15/00 09:19 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

The blueing is caused from moisture loss and damage to the fungus. Notice the fruitbodies blue upon handling as well. It is perfectly normal. When you case the cakes for a second flush, the mycelium will whiten again. What tek are you using?

------------------
Baldy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekg
journeyman
Re: Cakes blued after harvest-Why? [Re: BaldCuban]
    #17174 - 05/15/00 09:45 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Hi Baldy,
I used the pf tek, 1/2 pint wide-mount jars,
but inoculated with mycelium water taken from spawn grown on rye, from pf's regular house brand spores. Originally, I didn't even want to grow shrooms, just mycelium and try to use that. I was somewhat disappointed with the results of the cranberry extraction tek, so went ahead with trying to grow out the shrooms. They grew great and colonized super fast, in a week. I waited about a month to birthday them, with great luck, lots and lots of pins and shrooms. I have an untrasonic humidifier on a timer, 1/2 hour on, 2 hours off, 24/7. Since then, I've picked about 20 young ones and they are drying now. I'm super happy with my results so far. Haven't eaten any yet, but from what I've read here, the pf strain is going to be nice!
kg

InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

Loc: here, there, everywhere
Re: Cakes blued after harvest-Why? [Re: BaldCuban]
    #17175 - 05/17/00 10:50 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds good to me. Those PF/MRs are rippin'! You will enjoy them.

If you want to grow just mycelium perhaps you could get prints for Psiliocybe Mexicana or Psilocybe Tampanensis. Both of these species produce sclerotia that is potent and plentiful. These species are well suited for the mycelium-only grower. Check 'em out.

------------------
Baldy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds