Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Anyone hear of Oil Pulling?
    #17036163 -

"Oil Pulling is a safe, simple, cheap and gentle ‘do it yourself home remedy’ that cures and prevents diseases and extends your healthy life.

It involves rinsing the mouth with 1 tablespoon (10ml) of oil for 15 to 20 minutes and spitting it out. You can use either sunflower oil or sesame oil, both of which are usually used for cooking and readily available in the home."

http://www.oilpulling.org/oil-pulling/

I've also read you can do this with coconut oil. Would you be willing to try this?? I'm thinking about trying it to just see if I notice anything different over time. Figure it wouldn't hurt.

Let me know if you've done this or are going to!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #17036338 -

That's what oil pulling is? I always thought it was way more complicated.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #17036360 -

Oil pulling is fucking ace, seriously try it.

I use Coconut Oil, because it's the best, and whitens your teeth, and tightens your gums when you do it.

They recommend doing it on an empty stomach, because that much oil just sitting in your mouth can make some people nauseous, and DO NO FUCKING SWALLOW IT WHEN YOU'RE DONE. Some will inevitable be swallowed by you, and thats fine, but do not swallow it. It's full of toxic garbage.

If you want proof, Coconut oil melted is completely clear. I've cooked with it every day for years, it's 100 percent bioavailable, and is one of the only sources of a certain enzyme/nutrient or some shit that only comes from breast milk(I can find out later what it is if anyone cares that much). So the oil is clear when it's melted... Spit it into a bowl when you're done, just to see, and it's like a putrid yellow.

I had a friend who did it after a surgery she had, and it was practically BLACK when she spit it out, but she felt like a million bucks the next day. She said that was the defining moment of her going from a 'recovering from surgery' to 'recovered and just getting better' She was bed-ridden for most of the week before hand. On top of this, her dentist was amazed at how good her oral hygeine appeared to be, and the only change she did to her regular brush/floss routine was oil pulling.

There are people who've reporting it helping things like arthritis and stuff like that, and who's to say they're wrong? If it helped, it helped.

It also helps stomach problems because it strips a lot of the foul bacteria away from the mouth that people swallow, then puke up, or have stomach pains because of.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: thoughts]
    #17036367 -

iwasaClown said:
That's what oil pulling is? I always thought it was way more complicated.



Super easy, I used to do it as part of my morning routine while coffee was being made. Just puts around the house with a mouthful of oil for 20 minutes, then spit it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17036498 -

Awesome, wish i had known this sooner. I love coconut oil.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: thoughts]
    #17036526 -

Oh man, cocnut oil is the fucking TITS.

Ever make Cannabutter with it? They say it's the best because of it's 100% bioavailability, and it melts at a temperature lower than the human body. We just re-freeze it, then have these little chunks we can add to anything on a random whim.

Made some coco-canna fondue a couple weeks ago shit FUCKED me up. My mom and I were freaking out like we maybe had too much, it was an epic time.

We also put some of the chunks into a bowl, and put it in like warm water to melt it, then spread it onto Teddy Grahams and bake them for a shirt time. Every time we go on a plane ride, me and my parents bring the 'Teds' we call them and get high while we get high  :datass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17036568 -

Haha, wish i could turn my parents on to pot.
I've made a small batch before and put it on toast when it was done.
How do you recommend cooking it?


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: thoughts]
    #17036586 -

Haha I didnt have to turn anyone on too it, hilariously enough.

My parents smoked a lot of weed(which they said they suspected was opium laced) and Afghani hash when we lived in Saudi Arabia, then they quit for year when they moved here, and when I started smoking, they just kind of slowly picked it back up again.

Now, most days my parents smoke more weed than I do.

I'm not actually sure how to cook it because my mom handles all the edible stuff, but I can figure out for you if you'd like.

Did you get any effect from the toast? The weird thing about edibles is all the variables, like what and how much you've eaten in the last week, things like that. I fend the best method is to eat the edible on an empty or near empty stomach, then like 30-45-60 minutes later, eat something else more substantial. This seems to kickstart it for me, but the Ted's and goldfish we make usually work just fine by themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17036713 -

Thanks for your input!

I'm going to check this out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #17036724 -

Dont worry about getting a slow start with it. Maybe try just 10 minutes in 2 seperate sessions for a couple days, get used to it if it puts you off at all.

I dont remember what they say about having to restart if you have to spit in like 5 minutes.. I cant remember it it's just do it again until you hit 20 total minutes, or if you have to restarts for some reason because it's more of a 'soaking' kind of effect. I'd look into that as well.

And again, dont worry about swallowing a little if it isnt bothering you, but if it's too weird, probably spit and give it some time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17036949 -

How much is a bottle of coconut oil these days?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #17036972 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17037442 -

I also do it with coconut oil, it is amazing.

I had stopped for a while, but am just getting back into it, so amazing!

I will go do one now!


--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Cannashroom]
    #17037457 -

Yes I actually havent done on in a while either.... I should start again, now that this came up.

5 star thread mate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Cannashroom]
    #17037474 -

Interesting.....


I'm going to have to try this, i've never even heard of it before.


What are the most noticeable effects?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Big Worm]
    #17037481 -

cleaner mouth and better digestion for one, tighter gums, less mouths sores or sore pain, or tooth pain, things like that. It's al just a general detoxifyer for the body, so you feel a lot of the same effects as with other detox methods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #17037589 -

does it matter when you do it in relation to eating or brushing your teeth?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #17037601 -

I dont imagine so, but the general consensus seems to be morning being the best time on an empty stomach, which would most likely occur before teeth brushing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17038024 -

it is also reccomended that you rinse your mouth out with salt water and brush your teeth after oil pulling

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone hear of Oil Pulling? [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #17038640 -

I've tried oil pulling before.  Didn't really see any results though.:rolleyes:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Listerine invented halitosis SneezingPenis 3,452 13 10/28/07 06:19 AM
by MK Ultra
* Fish oil beats statin drugs
( 1 2 all )
zorbman 5,449 22 07/29/05 05:00 PM
by zorbman
* Vitamin E oil The_Hobbit 1,663 4 02/09/05 08:01 AM
by Society
* Removal of Vitamin E oil from skin Society 659 3 05/23/05 06:12 PM
by EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
* good or bad idea - tooth pulling e3k 960 6 11/26/05 06:50 AM
by e3k
* tea tree oil for hypertrophic scaring. Tasty_Smurf_House 610 1 11/19/04 08:21 PM
by GnuBobo
* http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26102 FINITE1 581 2 02/09/05 07:11 AM
by wrestler_az
* My right index finger on the tip hurts like hell! Demonichildren 1,657 2 02/18/06 08:13 PM
by Demonichildren

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
3,868 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 19 queries.