Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp, Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Fish oil beats statin drugs
    #4456707 - 07/26/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

We've all heard by now that cholesterol lowering statins like Lipitor and Zocor prevent heart attacks and save lives. Statins are now the nation's second most prescribed class of drugs. Up to 15 million Americans take them regularly. But a new study in the 'Archives of Internal Medicine' shows that natural omega-3 fish oil saves more lives than expensive, synthetic statin drugs.

Researchers from Basel Institute for Clinical Epidemiology and University Hospital in Basel, Switzerland reviewed 97 clinical trials published between 1965 and 2003.

The results? Looking at purely cardiac deaths, statin drugs lowered the patient's risk 22% while omega-3 fatty acids lower the risk of cardiac death by 32%. The overall risk of death was reduced 13% by statin drugs and 23% by omega-3 fatty acids compared to those who did not receive treatment.

http://www.allyourstrength.com/images/CARDIO%20fish%20oil%20better%20than%20statins.pdf
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/285/3/304

Note that for both overall mortality and cardiovascular mortality, fish oil was more effective than statin drug treatment. Imagine that. This is particularly interesting when you consider that fish oil does not lower cholesterol levels as powerfully as statin drugs. This strongly suggests that fatty acid balance is more important than reducing cholesterol levels, something contrary to what the media has been trumpeting for the past few years. Pharmaceutical companies have profited heavily from this perception.

The ideal fish oil dosage? That remains unclear, but lead researcher, Heiner C. Bucher pointed out that a daily dose of 900 milligrams of omega-3 (DHA and EPA) cut cardiac deaths in heart patients by 28% in a major Italian study.

So please choose between the following.. Would you rather:

A) Live longer using an inexpensive and safe, natural treatment combined with numerous extra benefits or..

B) Spend more money, have greater risk of numerous, sometimes dangerous side-effects, no side benefits, and perhaps dying, but with out-of-this-world cholesterol numbers?

Take your time..

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (07/27/05 12:45 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Fish oil beats statin drugs [Re: zorbman]
    #4460094 - 07/27/05 02:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Common side effects of statins:

Headache, Muscle and joint pain, Constipation, Diarrhea, Upset stomach, and stomach pain, rash.

Common side effects of fish oil/omega 3:

Improved skin health, alleviation of eczema and psoriasis, lessening of joint pain, reduced need for anti-inflammatory medications, improved mood, reduced need for "anti-depressant" medication, improved intelligence in children, protection from stroke, and alleviation of the inflammation associated with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.

Best sources of omega 3: flax oil, fish oil capsules.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4460132 - 07/27/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So, how about when people use both?

And as for your side effects listed with the omega 3s, are those all backed up by clinical studies as well? How common is common for both?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Fish oil beats statin drugs [Re: Phluck]
    #4460153 - 07/27/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Also, there's evidence to suggest that statins have anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties as well as reducing the risk of heart attacks and stroke.

http://stroke.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/30/9/1969
http://heartdisease.about.com/library/news/blnws01077.htm

To claim that Omega 3's don't have any negative side effects isn't exactly correct either.

http://www.healthtouch.com/bin/EContent_...+&cid=HTALT

Quote:

Side Effects: Stop taking your medicine right away and talk to your doctor if you have any of the following side effects. Your medicine may be causing these symptoms which may mean you are allergic to it.

* Breathing problems or tightness in your throat or chest
* Chest pain
* Skin hives, rash, or itchy or swollen skin

Other Possible Side Effects: You may have the following side effects, but this medicine may also cause other side effects. Tell your doctor if you have side effects that you think are caused by this medicine.

* Increased blood sugar and lower glucose tolerance have occurred in type II diabetic patients (15)
* Nosebleeds have been reported with use of large amounts of fish oils (12)
* Large doses of fish oils may cause vitamin A and vitamin D poisoning (16)
* You may experience bloating (swelling) in your abdomen (belly) (17)
* You may experience diarrhea (loose stools) (18)
* You may get a rash (19)

It looks like the side effects are very similar to those of statins... are you sure that they are even any less common that those experienced by users of statin drugs?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#4460333 - 07/27/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You also have to realize some of the inherent difficulties when comparing across clinical trials. The exclusion criteria is very specific for each type of trial.

A head-to-head, more direct comparison would be more convincing.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4460723 - 07/27/05 06:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The article you referenced on DHA is misleading. For example, it listed DHA as being synonymous with omega 3. That is incorrect. It is one type of omega 3 fatty acid found in fish oil. (Others found in nature are ALA, LA, and EPA). I recommend flax oil as a source of omega 3 EFAs. It contains no DHA.

Also, there's evidence to suggest that statins have anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties as well as reducing the risk of heart attacks and stroke.

Omega 3 also has anti-inflammatory properties with little risk of the negative side effects common to statins. Anyone taking statins for this purpose should be aware that omega 3's such as found in fish and flax oil can accomplish the same task inexpensively and safely. Also omega 3 fatty acids are superior in reducing the risk of heart attack, and lessening the risk of death overall without the negative side effects of statins. It's a no brainer.

It looks like the side effects are very similar to those of statins

Incorrect. The only side effect I am aware of specific to omega 3 fatty acids is a mild blood thinning effect similar to aspirin.

Also, the supposed side effects listed in the misleading article are for DHA, a subtype of EFA not found in flax seed oil.

As far as the "neuroprotective properties" of statins you spoke of, just the opposite appears to be true. A study conducted by The University of Denmark found that the use of statins raises a person's risk of nerve damage by nearly 15%. The longer patients took the drugs, the more likely they were to suffer nerve damage. For those taking statins for two or more years, the additional risk rose to 26 percent.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...p;dopt=Citation

--------------------

Edited by zorbman (07/27/05 09:47 PM)

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
    #4460850 - 07/27/05 06:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hemp seed?

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Fish oil beats statin drugs [Re: lardnar]
    #4460854 - 07/27/05 06:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Another excellent source of EFAs (essential fatty acids).  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4461578 - 07/27/05 10:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

As far as the "neuroprotective properties" of statins you spoke of, just the opposite appears to be true. A study conducted by The University of Denmark found that the use of statins raises a person's risk of nerve damage by nearly 15%. The longer patients took the drugs, the more likely they were to suffer nerve damage. For those taking statins for two or more years, the additional risk rose to 26 percent.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...p;dopt=Citation

The study is done on people already showing symptoms of idiopathic polyneuropathy. They all fit into either "definite", "probable", and "possible". Could it not be that the people with higher cholesterol are those more likely to have been prescribed statins?

Has the fact that statins have received more research funding than omega 3s perhaps increased the amount of research being done, resulting in more discoveries of rare side effects?

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4461661 - 07/27/05 10:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Your link does not work.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4461802 - 07/27/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry. It's actually your link from your post. It didn't need to be there.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4461869 - 07/27/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It is not the same link. Mine works and yours returns "Can't find the requested web page."

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4461997 - 07/28/05 12:05 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

When links are longer than a certain length, the shroomery replaces some of the middle bit with "...", while the link still directs you to the same location.

However, if you copy and paste from the post, it only copies the URL as it is displayed on the screen.

Thus, the link is broken, due to a chunk being missing from the middle.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4462597 - 07/28/05 02:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The acknowledged side effects of statins include muscle pain and weakness, and suppression of the body's formation of Co-enzyme Q10 which is found in every cell of the human body. Given the critical role of CoQ10 in energy production and defense against free radicals, anything that depletes bodily levels of this important substance, especially in critical organs like the heart and liver, should be avoided like a bad smell.

Another known side effect is a potentially fatal muscle-wasting disorder called rhabdomyolysis. One statin, Baycol, was even withdrawn because it was linked to 31 deaths from rhabdomyolysis. (This is also a danger with other statins albeit only in higher doses).

Also this troubling note from JAMA (Journal of American Medicine): "All members of the two most popular classes of lipid-lowering drugs (the fibrates and the statins) cause cancer in rodents, in some cases at levels of animal exposure close to those prescribed to humans."

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/275/1/55

The list goes on..

Statins also appear to suppress immune system function, and have been linked to liver and kidney damage. Another risk is heart muscle weakening and heart failure due to suppression of coenzyme Q10. Pretty ironic for a heart drug, eh?

Dr. David Graham, the FDA's own Associate Director in the Office of Drug Safety, in testimony before Congress said the government should evaluate the occurrence of kidney failure and other serious side effects among people taking the statin drug, Crestor. Graham stated that the FDA has an inherent conflict of interest that triggers "denial, rejection and heat" when safety questions arise about products it has approved. Probably because the main function of the FDA is to protect the drug industry's profits.

Hopefully the mounting evidence against statins will prompt a reexamination of this whole cholesterol theory. Our current situation sprang from the Framingham Heart Study of 1948. Cholesterol was identified as only one of 240 risk factors which included short stature, male baldness, creased ear lobes, and being married to a highly educated woman. As is far too often the case, research focused on cholesterol because it is a modifiable risk factor (read: drug industry opportunity). It's all about the money. What a sham.

Current cholesterol guidelines were put in place by a panel, two thirds of which consisted of individuals with financial ties to statins. Go figure. Of course the more the target cholesterol levels are lowered, the more people there are who become eligible for cholesterol-lowering drug "therapy". There are already 15 million Americans on these drugs. Can you hear the cash register working overtime?

Given the emphasis on cholesterol ?numbers,? it is easy to lose sight of the fact that the ultimate goal of drug therapy is not to lower cholesterol but to increase life expectancy.

Incredibly, as far as I can tell, researchers have yet to prove that lowering people's cholesterol has any effect on life expectancy! There is also no proof high cholesterol causes cardiovascular disease. The entire foundation on which these dangerous drugs is built is shaky at best, and I'd strongly advise anyone depending upon it to jump quick before the whole damn thing collapses. As for me, I'm sticking with my flax oil.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...p;dopt=Abstract

--------------------

Edited by zorbman (07/28/05 05:32 AM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4464166 - 07/28/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You don't seem to be separating the likely side effects from those which are extremely rare. Just because a link has been discovered, doesn't mean that it affects more than a very small minority of people, under certain rare circumstances.

Also, you said yourself in earlier posts that drugs are the things getting researched. When there are many, many studies being conducted on something, every little link or relationship will be found.

If we are to believe your stance that natural products don't get much research done on them, then it's highly likely that various links are not going to be found. If something has a huge number of rare side effects, but isn't being exhaustively studied, the rare side effects won't be found.

Many of these side effects are likely very rare allergies that have been discovered through extensive research. The kind of research you claim that natural supplements don't go through due to being overshadowed by drug companies. Perhaps if statin drugs hadn't been researched as much as they had, the only information we'd have would be a list of positive effects.

Also, I thought that drug companies made sure that their studies were all biased so that any negative results were stifled... how come all of these rare side effects are so well documented if the research world is as corrupt as you think it is?

Quote:

Incredibly, as far as I can tell, researchers have yet to prove that lowering people's cholesterol has any effect on life expectancy! There is also no proof high cholesterol causes cardiovascular disease.

Whoa there, you're really jumping the gun. From the article you posted:

Quote:

Numerous studies have confirmed a positive correlation between serum cholesterol levels and the occurrence of coronary artery disease. Lowering cholesterol by 1% is accompanied by a reduction of coronary events by 2%.

You really ought to do some more reading.
http://cholesterol.about.com/od/heartdisease/

The world of alternative medicine is filled with people who want to be rebellious heroes, and will leap on anything that hints that conventional knowledge might be wrong. Sure there are a handful of people who have published books claiming that cholesterol is meaningless, but why are we to believe them over numerous other studies showing links to diseases?

What of things like clogged arteries? That's definitely a cardiovascular disease, and these clogs are chunks of fats and cholesterol. It's pretty difficult to pretend there's no link there.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4465069 - 07/28/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I disagree with the author's conclusions that there is a positive correlation between serum cholesterol levels and the occurrence of coronary artery disease. That is why I did not include it in my post.

What of things like clogged arteries? That's definitely a cardiovascular disease, and these clogs are chunks of fats and cholesterol.

Atherosclerotic plaques are not simply big wads of fat and cholesterol that have stuck to the walls of arteries like mud inside a pipe. But that seems to be the concensus opinion these days.

The growth of atherosclerotic plaques starts inside the artery wall, between the inner and outer layers. These plaques are actually complex bundles of numerous components, including smooth muscle cells, calcium, connective tissue, white blood cells, and cholesterol and fatty acids. The proliferation of these various components occurs, not because of high blood cholesterol or because one has eaten too much butter and cream, but because of unfavorable physiological conditions that damage or weaken the structure of the artery. This triggers an inflammatory response in which the body recognizes the injury and sets about to repair it. Cholesterol is present in atherosclerotic plaque for the same reason all the other components are present--as part of the body's attempt to repair itself. Blaming cholesterol for atherosclerotic plaque makes about as much sense as blaming paramedics for the carnage they face after arriving at the scene of an accident.

No clinical trials that I am aware of have ever conclusively demonstrated that LDL cholesterol reductions can prevent cardiovascular disease and increase longevity. The effects of statins are most likely due to their anti-inflammatory properties which are also a chief function of.. omega 3 EFAs.

The world of alternative medicine is filled with people who want to be rebellious heroes, and will leap on anything that hints that conventional knowledge might be wrong.

Nice smear statement. Using the word "alternative" conjures images of wild-eyed "witch doctors" and fringe conspiracy theorists. Many respected scientists have not jumped on the cholesterol bandwagon and blindly towed the party line. In the public mind the cholesterol issue has been settled. In scientific circles it is far from a settled matter. It usually takes many years for a new scientific paradigm to take hold and it only does so after the dinosaurs die out. Probably from heart disease.

And yes, there are many heroes in this story even if they seldom receive the credit they deserve. Dr. David Graham, an FDA whistleblower is one of them. (See my thread on him in this forum). Thank God for the courage of people like him who place public safety ahead of big corporations' profits!

More will be forthcoming on the cholesterol story later. For now, I'd just say let's all be willing to have an open mind- one hallmark of intelligence.

--------------------

Edited by zorbman (07/29/05 04:37 AM)

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4465082 - 07/28/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Just because a link has been discovered, doesn't mean that it affects more than a very small minority of people, under certain rare circumstances.

Yes, many of the side effects are considered rare, but one has to understand how misleading statistics can be. Naivete will kill you. Let's say Majica(tm) is a new drug treating cardiovascular disease and has been shown to reduce cardiac deaths by approximately 20%.

Sounds great, right? But if 1.25 out of every 100 people would normally die from cardiovascular disease and now only 1.0 does, that represents a 20% decrease. Doesn't sound so great anymore, especially if that number is offset by deaths unrelated to cardiovascular disease. But you can bet that 20 percent number will be trumpeted by Big Pharma's friends in the media and every American will hear about it and rush to the doctor asking for Majica(tm) by name. Kind of like now.

This would mean that even rare adverse events caused by statin "treatment" will, in comparison, be significant. Even 1 severe rhabdomyolysis event or 1 severe hepatitis event per hundred per year caused by a statin will be significant.

Also, I thought that drug companies made sure that their studies were all biased so that any negative results were stifled... how come all of these rare side effects are so well documented if the research world is as corrupt as you think it is?

Thank you for asking that. That gives me the opportunity to mention that thousands of people have been reporting side effects not officially acknowledged in statin research. Among these are many reported cases of amnesia. (Funny things happen when you go stripping natural cholesterol willy nilly). One way the drug companies can get around this nasty business is by breaking each side effect into smaller chunks to get each number under one percent. For example, amnesia can be broken into memory problems, mental confusion, and cognitive slowness. There are many games to be played and much money to be made.

Former NASA astronaut, Dr. Duane ' Doc' Graveline was diagnosed with a rare type of amnesia six weeks after starting Lipitor. From him, "All was well until six weeks later, when my wife found me walking aimlessly about the yard after I returned from my usual walk in the woods. I did not recognize her, and only reluctantly accepted cookies & milk--but refused to go into my now unfamiliar home. I awoke six hours later in the office of the examining Neurologist with a diagnosis of transient global amnesia (TGA), cause unknown. An MRI performed several days later was normal. Since Lipitor? was the only new medicine I was taking, the doctor in me suspected a possible side effect of this drug. Despite the arguments of the examining doctors that statin drugs just did not do this, I stopped my Lipitor?.

The year passed uneventfully and soon it was time for my next astronaut physical. NASA doctors joined in the chorus I had come to expect from physicians and pharmacists during the preceding year--that statin drugs just did not do this! At their bidding I reluctantly restarted Lipitor? at one-half the previous dose. Six weeks later I again descended into the black pit of amnesia--this time for twelve hours, and with a retrograde loss of memory back to my high school days. During that terrible interval, when my entire adult life had been eradicated, I had no awareness of my marriage or my four children; my medical school days or my ten adventure-filled years as a USAF flight surgeon."

Tahoe City resident Doug Peterson developed slurred speech, balance problems and severe fatigue after three years on Lipitor. It began with restless sleep patterns?twitching and flailing his arms. Loss of balance followed and the beginning of what Doug calls the ?statin shuffle??a slow, wobbly walk across the room. Fine motor skills suffered next. It took him five minutes to write four words, much of which was illegible. Cognitive function also declined. It was hard to convince his doctors that Lipitor could be the culprit, but when he finally stopped taking it, his coordination and memory improved.

If you peruse internet health forums where patients discuss their experiences with statins you'll discover hundreds upon hundreds of cases of people with baffling side effects unmentioned in statin propaganda.

Frequent side effects are probably a major reason why up to 75% of people taking statins discontinue their use. People hate this shitty drug when they use it and rightfully so. (Avorn J, et al. Persistence of use of lipid-lowering medications: a cross-national study. Journal of the American Medical Association, May 13, 1998; Vol. 279, No. 18: 1458-1462)

The public needs to wake up and demand better accountability from the medical establishment. They deserve better.
The time to stop the aggressive pushing of these poisons is now.

--------------------

Edited by zorbman (07/29/05 04:55 AM)

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4465749 - 07/28/05 08:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Another side effect of statins being studied is depletion of Coenzyme Q10 which is needed throughout the body (especially the heart) to produce ATP- the energy that fuels every cell in the body. That fact alone should be enough to throw up a red flag to any reasonable person. In the latest issue of the American Journal of Cardiology, Peter Langsjoen, a leading authority on statin-induced CoQ10 depletion, and his colleagues present their findings after studying this phenomena.

Langsjoen and his team studied 14 patients free of heart disease who were set to begin atorvastatin therapy. All of the patients met the National Cholesterol Education Program's (the panel stacked by statin cronies I mentioned earlier) recommendations for initiating cholesterol lowering therapy. The decision to initiate therapy was made by the patients' primary physician. Potential subjects were excluded if they were younger than 50 years old, had any history of impaired cardiac function.

Plasma CoQ10 and echocardiograms were performed at baseline, and at the conclusion of the study. After the baseline echocardiogram, patients were started on 20 mg of atorvastatin (Lipitor) per day for 3 to 6 months.

The results?

Ten of the 14 patients (71%) developed abnormalities in the heart's diastolic phase (when the heart muscle fills with blood). Diastolic dysfunction is a major cause of congestive heart failure in older people.

Of the 10 patients who had worsening of LV diastolic function, 9 were supplemented with 300 mg/day of Coenzyme Q10 (100 mg orally 3 times daily) for an additional 3 months while continuing to take atorvastatin.

Eight of these 9 patients (89%) had reversal of one or markers of diastolic abnormality, four patients (44%) had reversal of all three of the diastolic parameters employed, while one patient had no change in the parameters.

Note: the URL for the link documenting the study is evidently too long to be displayed here. Anyone desiring the link can PM me and I will be glad to send it along.

Remember that Coenzyme Q10 is needed throughout the body to produce ATP. Peter Langsjoen says, "[ATP] is responsible for over 80 per cent of energy and if you knock the level of this essential nutrient down, nothing works as well. Those tissues and organs that use a lot of energy are the first to be affected. The heart, for example, uses a huge amount of juice and if you cut it back with the use of a statin, what you start having first and foremost is lack of energy -you start getting sluggish. So the clinical consequences come about gradually and this weakening - fatigue, getting winded when you're walking up the stairs. It's extremely widespread. If you look for it, you'll see it in just about every single new patient who has been on a statin."

That's what happens when you ingest substances that mess with Coenzyme Q10 levels, folks. It's not a pretty picture.

You really should do some reading on the subject:

http://www.mbschachter.com/coenzyme_q10.htm
http://www.pjonline.com/Editorial/20040110/comment/lett01.html
http://www.usanahealthsciences.com/research/coq.shtml
http://www.yourhealthbase.com/coenzyme_Q10.html

The International Coenzyme Q10 Association has petitioned the FDA to include Coenzyme Q10 in the list of serious side effects of statin drugs. The following is excerpted from that petition:

"It is possible that the recently reported statin-related deaths are the tip of a side effect iceberg and the magnitude of the potential problem cannot be overstated. It is urgently incumbent upon the scientific community, the pharmaceutical industry and the regulatory bodies, such as the United States Food and Drug Administration to be certain that we are not inadvertently creating a life-threatening deficiency of an essential co-factor in many millions of patients."

http://www.coenzymeq10.it/letter/letter_FDA.html

Homer Simpson possesses a brain detectable by x-ray; therefore, he may be vastly overqualified for the job of drug company-sponsored statin researcher.

--------------------

OfflineHBS
Male

#4467455 - 07/29/05 02:53 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

omega fatty acids changed my life

with all the research i have done, i have started making a point of taking omega supplements every day with a serving of salmon, if possible .. the difference is pretty incredible, especially with my crohn's

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Fish oil beats statin drugs [Re: HB]
    #4467526 - 07/29/05 03:14 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm glad it helped you.  :laugh:  Now you know of the "side" benefits to your heart health as well. Omega 3 EFAs have helped many, many people including myself, friends and family, and the numbers are growing as the public slowly wakes up to the propaganda machine created by the pharms. This is kind of a grass roots movement where the impetus for change comes from the bottom-up, not the top-down. The profits for their dangerous unnatural drugs are shrinking as more and more people discover the benefits of safe, natural therapies. People are voting with their dollars and Big Pharma is getting worried.

What form are you taking it in? (Fish oil caps, flaxseed, etc?)

--------------------

Edited by zorbman (07/29/05 05:07 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Hemp, Toilet Paper

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being