Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Vitamin E oil
    #3747833 - 02/07/05 11:02 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

I've been using vitamin E oil on my face for the past few weeks - not on a regular basis, but I probably put it on a majority of the time before I go to sleep. I noticed that it made my skin look alot better. I just recently cleared up (because of accutane) after having had bad acne for 6 years, so I have some scarring. Vitamin E oil has helped the scarring heal, evened out the tone of my skin, closed up some of the pores that used to gape open before, and made the skin on my face softer.

I'm happy with the results (obviously), but there is a problem. I went to my dermatologist and told him that I was using vitamin E oil on my face. He said that I shouldn't use it anymore because it would cause pimples. It hasn't caused pimples for me, but he said that's only because I'm on accutane.

So, should I listen to my doctor or keep using it? I would like to listen to his advice, but I also want to keep healing my face skin as much as possible. That's why I thought I'd ask your opinion. Does anyone here have experience with using vitamin E oil? How has it affected you? Has it ever caused you to get pimples?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Vitamin E oil [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #3752805 - 02/08/05 10:30 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I take Vitamin E capsules, but that's probably completely unrelated...

Anyways, it sounds like you should be telling your doctor about how it doesn't cause you acne and tell him how it has helped you.... If you've been using the oil for a decent amount of time and experienced no acne, then this MAY be a factor which discredits the doctor.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineEarthAngel
Tripper

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Vitamin E oil [Re: Society]
    #3753123 - 02/08/05 11:23 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Doctors dont no shit. The only way i can see them thinkn it to cause acne, is if you previously had oily skin, therefore making it too oily ..But if one day it does start to magicly give you acne, start taking Vit.E capsules internally.
If it is helping you, then use it. Another thing you could try is Rosehip oil, it vanished a 2nd degree burn scar that was portruding half my arm!

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Vitamin E oil [Re: EarthAngel]
    #3753448 - 02/09/05 12:03 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Wasn't there a recent study linking abnormal amounts of vitamin E intake with heart problems/disease? I remember seeing sometihng about that and it persuaded me to stop taking it. And another thing....for a few years I took vitamin E, zinc, and grapeseed extract hoping for a natural remedy for acne, because I refuse to use prescriptions or even OTC products with harsh chems in them. My acne was never that bad, but I still wanted to do something about it. Well after a few months of no vitamins, I have come to the conclusion they didn't do shit for me. Infact for the last few months I have just been washing my face before bed with "cetaphil daily facial cleanser" and thats it, my skin is clearer than it has been in years with this "neglect tek" as I like to call it.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Vitamin E oil [Re: Cubieman420]
    #3754962 - 02/09/05 08:01 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Yeah I just stopped taking my prescription anti-biotic as an experiment to see if it did anything. I am getting somewhat more acne than I had before, so I was hoping to look into a more natural alternative.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being