Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
we could ALL learn from this!!
    #1685786 - 07/04/03 06:12 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Grandfather Peyote

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/104.html

WOW

and check out the recent changes to!

Peyote persecution
by Pete Brady (28 May, 2001) Family of peyote shamans driven from their home.

Peyote shamans Leo, Raven and Moses Mercado are being persecuted by Pinal County officials in Northeastern Arizona.

The Mercados are members of the Native American Church (NAC), a centuries-old organization dedicated to the traditions and sacraments of the peyote religion. Moses Mercado is the Mercado's ten-year-old son; he sings ancient peyote songs and plays folk instruments during peyote ceremonies.

The NAC and affiliated groups and individuals, such as Mexico's Huichol Indians who use cacti to obtain visions and sustain cultural traditions, are supposed to be protected by international, constitutional and local statutes that guarantee unfettered religious expression.

Instead, peyotists have been ruthlessly attacked. The Mercados were victims of a massive raid by armed police in 1995. Officers swarmed their rural Arizona desert church site, destroying sacred tipis and stealing nearly a thousand peyote cacti, which are endangered and threatened species in much of their native range. (CC#13, Grandfather peyote)

The Mercados were thrown in a jail dungeon, denied due process, and libeled by law enforcement officers. Later, all charges were dropped and the cacti returned.

They planted more peyote gardens, and constructed new tipis and sacred sites. Their Peyote Foundation continued to offer purification rituals, and networked with Huichol artists whose cacti-inspired hallucinatory art is highly valued by collectors and anthropologists.

In January, 1999, gun-toting sheriff raiders returned to the Mercado homestead, holding the family at gunpoint while serving an illegal search warrant. Computers, church donations, jewelry and thousands of peyote plants were stolen during this raid. (CC#18, Arizona's Peyote Foundation raided)

The Mercados have never been charged with a crime relating to the raid, which means they have few official avenues of asking police to return their property.

In December, 2000, county district attorney Carter Olson and other officials convinced the environmentally destructive mining company (ASARCO) that owned the land on which Mercado lived to revoke the lease agreement between ASARCO and the woman Mercado sublets his property from.

Officials threatened to charge the woman with drug trafficking, money laundering and racketeering, alleging that taking rent money from Mercado meant she was participating in illegal drug deals.

Mercado says he doesn't sell peyote, never engages in any other illegal activity, and that his landlord is totally innocent as well.

Nevertheless, he and his family were driven from their sacred site, leaving behind the saguaro, golden rabbit brush, tipis, peyote gardens, eagles, and streams that graced their rituals.

"We are religious refugees forced because of our faith to flee, to save our lives trying to find liberty in the land of the allegedly free," Mercado said. "We have sacred peyote that we have to keep alive. Our family needs a place where we can practice our religion. We have done nothing wrong. We live like people do when they have taken a vow of poverty and have given themselves over to a spiritual calling."

Helping the Mercados is easy and fun. Their website, www.peyote.net, features ways to contribute to the Peyote Foundation by buying Huichol art and by other methods.

Cannabis Culture publisher Marc Emery made a substantial contribution to the Mercados, and urges all freedom lovers to similarly help them.

? Leo Mercado: email wirikuta69@hotmail.com, website www.peyote.net.

? Unofficial Native American Church of Navajoland: members.tripod.com/NATIVELEE/

? Native American Church of Strawberry Plains Tennessee: website www.nativeamericanchurch.com/

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1866.html
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1441.html

FUCKING pigs just cant let the fucking guy live , of all the people to harass the fuck out of why him>?

its 100% legal in canada to grow wether you are native or not and when I move to my next home I plan to grow about a hundred at a time , I hope that pisses of some anti-drug retard that cant realize the irony as he slams down his glass 'o' wiskey while reading my post, "canadas going to shit.......fucking dopers!"

wake the fuck up and realize plants are part of human life and if we had alot more use of them foods, herb, and plant teachers this world would be better off!!!!!!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: we could ALL learn from this!! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1686136 - 07/04/03 11:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No shit. I hate living in the U.S. w/ all of the bullshit hypocrites. When are they going to realize that they are losing the war on drugs in a blowout?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1686180 - 07/04/03 11:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

>>Within two hours of ingesting several capsules, two cups of tea, a spoonful of powder and three fresh buttons, I crawled out of the tipi feeling poisoned. I was paralyzed, dizzy and afraid. I barely made it to my bed. Later, somebody shared medicinal herb that calmed my nausea and unspun my head.

I liked that quote from the CannabisCulture article

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: we could ALL learn from this!! [Re: neuro]
    #1687533 - 07/05/03 07:20 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ya I was kinda suprised he didnt take the experience as well as he could have , personally it doesnt makes me not wnat to do th sacred cacti though

san pedro with pyote grated on top is quite something to see as I am sure "some" og you know and the peyote grows WAY faster

--------------------

OfflinepermaFRY
youngstonerwithguitar
Loc: right now i'm in TEXAS bu...
    #1834688 - 08/20/03 08:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

DUDE the psychedelic CACTI are T H E B E S T PSYCHEDELIC TRIP ONE CAN POSSIBLY HAVE ! Mescaline gives the MOST AWESOME VISUALS and clean non mindfuck trip....I know cuz i done it all the way and i've done shrooms acid and all the other crap...but without a doubt MESCALINE is the most AWESOME OF ALL!

--------------------
i'm just peachy chilling here trying to kill time in my class at some lame ass college in texas...can't wait to go back to AZ oh well in the meantime i can jam on my guitar and whack tha toolage. peace

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte
Re: we could ALL learn from this!! [Re: permaFRY]
    #1844259 - 08/23/03 11:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Mescaline is the most powerful and longest lasting hallucinogen of all. Yer basic trip takes 16 hours. Don't do it if you have serious problems. But otherwise, it's quite powerful. Expect to be a changed person.

--------------------
...or something

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: we could ALL learn from this!! [Re: eve69]
    #1844654 - 08/24/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I cant wait !

--------------------

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1845567 - 08/24/03 04:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

did u say peyote grows fast? no it dosent . peyote takes 5-15 years to mature.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: we could ALL learn from this!! [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1846554 - 08/24/03 10:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

YES IT DOES

when on top of a san pedro!

--------------------

Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
    #1846611 - 08/24/03 10:35 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

god damn government, what the fuck are they trying to prove.

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden