Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]
Whats it like to not have free healthcare? * 2
    #16763514 -

i can imagine it would suck balls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: KILTRO]
    #16763529 -

sucks big balls
:randy:


--------------------
"The great nations have always acted like gangsters and the small ones like prostitutes." - Stanley Kubrick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: dynomite]
    #16763533 -

How much do you have to pay ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: KILTRO]
    #16763536 -

I had free health and dental until 19. I'm almost 22 now and it's terrifying.

I haven't been to a doctor or dentist since. I get benefits through my work now, so I feel a little better.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: dynomite]
    #16763537 -

Well ive been fairly healty my whole life...so only had to by $20 copays and$10 for pils her and there....but i know this usually isnt the case and prob wont be my whole life...so for now i can live with it?


You have to pay for dental stuff tho right?(lol idk dumb question?)


--------------------
I can beat you to the punch line..or i could punch you to the beat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: dynomite]
    #16763538 -

Was talking to someone from the UK and he said he had to wait for like months and go through a ton of bs for a surgery. I was all like :dudewtf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: dynomite]
    #16763540 -

true story

i have a friend who was born with three balls

they removed one when he was younger

then at about age 23 he was diagnosed with testicular cancer

they removed a second ball

he then owed tens of thousands of dollars for treatment






Edited by dynomite (08/31/12 01:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: dynomite]
    #16763542 -

:dudewtf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #16763547 -

A clinic in British Columbia told me my shoulder had a deep muscle bruise following a fall from my snowboard; the doctor prescribed 800mg Ibuprofen. The next day I awoke in absolute pain and after smoking and nearly passing out from pain I took a trip to the emergency room where they pulled up the x-rays taken a day prior and noticed the massive fracture in my collarbone.
I took a flight back to the states the next week and had surgery to repair my collarbone and was prescribed 60 Oxycodone after my immediate treatment.

It's pretty great.


--------------------
Tickle my bassline.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #16763572 -

hey dingbats, nothing is free.

you should be asking what its like to violently force others to pay your bills instead.

go ask the mob, they are experienced at extortion.

and to answer your question; prices are lower over all and quality is higher.

the cost of your "free" healthcare is just forcably dumped on your fellow man and children. it is dumped at an overly high government inflated price because there is less competition and no proper free market valuation.

there is nothing free about it.

god that cheeses me when people say shot like that.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: Shins]
    #16763634 -

Mmm... Extortion :homerdrool:


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #16763641 -

$325 a month for medicine, $250 to get 8 stitches in my thumb, $120 doctor visits, $750 emergency room visits to sit on a bed and be asked questions.

:woooaaahhh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: Nullface]
    #16763663 -

Corporate and self greed are killing people.

Docs do not want to make less. They could only make 175 or so a year being a general practitioner. There are almost none left. Almost everyone going into medicine wants to be a specialist that makes 250-500,000 a year or more. GREED!

They tell someone that they can have 200,000 a year instead of the 300,000. That person could live quite well on the 2, but NOOOOOO! They want that 3 because it is their RIGHT! GREED GREED GREED!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #16763675 -

If you were in debt 300k for 8 years of school, for your work, wouldn't you want to be paid more?


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #16763704 -

It depends on what kind of "things" I planned on buying, how many kids I might choose to have and my own personal idea of what I really need. This is subjective to the person. But there is something one should ask themselves, "do I really need a gold toilet seat/Mercedes/Rolls Royce/expensive shit because it is expensive and has a name that people will go oooh and ahh over and say how much did that cost/do you know what they spent on that?" and so on, and so on .....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: Nullface]
    #16763710 -

fuck thats crazy , i get free doctors appointments, darn cheap almost free medicine, free health care..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #16763713 -

I thought that people really wanted to help people that go into medicine. I know I do. I am still struggling with the state boards. Yes the money was a draw, but I felt the need to do something to help people. Plus I need the stability of insurance in my old age, and a waiter/bartender job will not suffice. I could go into management in the restaurant biz, but have you ever done that kind of work? It can be very miserable! Only when you get to the GM stage does it kind of get better.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: KILTRO]
    #16763717 -

I'd say 90% of kids who go into the medical field, don't want to help people, they want to make money.

It dictates life, is it necessarily correct, definitely not. But is it where we are at? Definitely, shit it goes back to the roman empire and beyond.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #16763730 -

tyrannicalrex said:
Corporate and self greed are killing people.

Docs do not want to make less. They could only make 175 or so a year being a general practitioner. There are almost none left. Almost everyone going into medicine wants to be a specialist that makes 250-500,000 a year or more. GREED!

They tell someone that they can have 200,000 a year instead of the 300,000. That person could live quite well on the 2, but NOOOOOO! They want that 3 because it is their RIGHT! GREED GREED GREED!



in a free market greed is not a problem because customers are greedy too and want low prices so sellers must compete to provide low prices to attract volume.

if everyone is going to be a specialist, that means the supply will increase which leads to lower prices for specialists whether they like it or not.

the only way for greedy people to fix their wages too high is through government force.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Whats it like to not have free healthcare? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #16763732 -

And a lot of neurosurgeons/surgeons in general have a god complex too!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lady at ObamaCare townhall meeting lies about being a doctor Tedwilto 484 1 08/18/09 01:12 AM
by DeathCompany
* Free Masons
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
JettaJay 7,227 85 12/18/04 02:07 AM
by Phluck
* WILDERNESS PROGRMAS AND RESIDENTAL TREATMENT HELL *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 4,910 44 07/17/03 03:03 PM
by Purple Haze
* The Shroomism Fund - Free Shroomism!
( 1 2 3 all )
geokillsA 8,407 57 10/29/04 11:12 AM
by Lightningfractal
* Psilocybin treatment against migrains. filthysock 2,276 13 09/09/04 04:39 PM
by Krishna
* The Land Of The Free (A question for Americans) Jackal 3,185 19 08/08/03 07:54 PM
by PDU
* Free iPod Yeah i know these things suck but help me out people steely_dan 2,392 16 12/05/04 07:36 AM
by Lightningfractal
* One free giant shrimp from Long John Silver's today! daba 1,418 7 05/14/16 01:34 PM
by Asante

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
9,068 topic views. 5 members, 32 guests and 146 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.