Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAdamShroom
Stranger
No Fail proceedure - suggestions please
    #1616006 - 06/07/03 02:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My buddy is going to have his first birth. he's a newbie. He wants to make sure the best (fool proof) way to incubate and fruit are. basically he wants to get any suggestions for a fool -proof terrarium. He read the different teks. can you guys suggest the easiest one that will have at least a 90% success rate?

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: No Fail proceedure - suggestions please [Re: AdamShroom]
    #1616154 - 06/07/03 06:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A rubbermaid with perlite is the simplest one to start. You can modify it as you learn more.

There is no no-fail procedure. What you put into it has a lot to do with it. Cutting corners will cause losses. Just be as sterile as posible and keep it simple the first time.

-FB

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No Fail proceedure - suggestions please [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #1616178 - 06/07/03 07:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i agree whole heartedly with budah

sometimes people new to this culture (pun? arg im tired) try to make things too complicated, i know my dog sure did at times...

2 inches perlite in the bottom, 1 inch or LESS of water+h2o2 10/1 mix in with the perlite

my dog uses a saran wrap lid that he seals with a cotton ball and rubbing alocohol around the rim, creates a nice airtight seal when saran wrap is laid on it when still wet...not bad for a dog with no opposable thumbs =)

then you just fan it .. as you see fit (people argue different amounts, just use your head)

as for the actual birth, you might suggest one, more, or all of the following for preliminary steps to birth:

(and my apologies, i know this was about a terrarium, but im just talkative when im tired)

drunking and cold shocking
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/dunktek.html
and
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23452
respectively

double ended casing
no link here..

just add a layer of dry vermiculite to the top of the cake after birth and dunk (and sides if you wish, lots do this as well). then spray it with sterile water until moist, dont over do it. i believe this to help create a constant supply of water to the cake, which it will need as it fruits.

anyway, good luck to your buddy

-jb

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation