Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
abstract art
    #1586330 -

does anybody here make abstract art, or any art for that matter. Ive been a serious artist for many years and have decided to sell my art. I will make large canvases etc etc.
please give me some input!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: hemp_threadz]
    #1586824 -



--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: hemp_threadz]
    #1591927 -

That's what my degree is in. I used to exhibit and stuff, but I got sidetracked in life. I've been starting to work again, though! :laugh:

Here's an example of some digital stuff I've been doing...


Allograft 6 (Sharky's Day)

I hope to start painting again this summer...

Show us some of your work! :smile: 


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: Papaver]
    #1592257 -

That's got some energy.

I make art and exhibit it. I dont have any digital photos at the moment. But I am having an exhibtion in July and plan to take photos and post them before I have it. I am inspired by expressionist art, but the stuff with recognisable content more than the completely abstract stuff. I used to do completely abstract stuff when I was young but moved out of it. Which is wierd I'm told - more people move into it (don't know about the credibility of my source though).


--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: enotake2]
    #1593528 -

Sounds cool! You'll have to post some stuff, when you get pics... :laugh:

Here's some more of my recent digital stuff: www.thoughtspam.com/art


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: Papaver]
    #1594379 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: ]
    #1595530 -



--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: Murex]
    #1595559 -

Murex is fucking cool!


--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: Murex]
    #1595753 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: ]
    #1596045 -


No, but I can probably make some.


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: hemp_threadz]
    #1596390 -

I dabble in sculpture (although I havent done much lately :frown:)
here are a couple sorry about the poor quality digicam, it kinda kills it


& here is my latest painting, its 6' x 3'


 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: metalchimp]
    #1599492 -

awesome art, im going to post some of mine soon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: hemp_threadz]
    #1599537 -

I see lines...


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1599561 -

here's my friend's art, i like it. much of it is lsd inspired.

http://www.hammondgallery.co.uk/artist.php3?aid=22

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: Papaver]
    #1599571 -

WOW Papaver, I really like Untitled VII and VIII (esp this one) and nude in black and romeo is bleeding. Wow.


--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: enotake2]
    #1599670 -

> Untitled VII and VIII

Thanks! :laugh:

Those are some of my very first 100% Digital works -- created on a Wacom Tablet with Fractal Designs Painter (right after those products came out). They are very similar to the types of full-sized acrylic and oil paintings that I was doing at that time, and used to exhibit. It was shortly after I got out of college...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: Papaver]
    #1599725 -

Right. I just had another look at you page and realised I did'nt scroll down. There are lots of nice works on there.


--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Edited by enotake2 (06/01/03 09:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: billy cuts]
    #1599805 -

That guy's a good artist, is he from Boulder?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1601744 -

Actually he's from Kansas. We'll be dosing together soon so he can channel me a piece....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: abstract art [Re: hemp_threadz]
    #1602205 -

not abstract.. butt.....

one of my computer graphics -


and my last pencil drawing :


I've had art for a long long time.. but never really advanced.. I've been doing pencil drawings for most of the past 4 years.. nothing that good - but if you PM me I'd send you my website... I've just started within the last year to dabble in computer graphics.. but eh... I never finish anything....

Edited by acidcrys (06/02/03 05:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* abstract art 2
( 1 2 3 all )
KidgardFromSRQ 5,350 41 10/06/06 11:51 AM
by Mike_yy
* Art Sucks!!!!! Hitman203 2,817 18 04/24/06 10:09 PM
by PinballWizard
* psychedelic or "trippy" art Beege 934 6 08/25/08 09:53 PM
by DNKYD
* What do you think of digital art? Drewwyann 281 1 07/02/09 12:20 AM
by tripp23
* MY ART! RAWR! Syle 727 15 05/30/06 02:07 PM
by eris
* Some Art Questions (S.A.Q. it to me!)
( 1 2 all )
Apollyphelion 1,436 22 02/20/09 12:37 PM
by Blasphemous
* Negative physiological affects of marijuana - peer reviewed scientific study abstracts
( 1 2 3 all )
VisionsToReality 7,738 41 09/19/11 11:12 PM
by Dr. P. Silocybin
* Thinking abstractly.. Eschalt 974 8 04/02/04 11:37 PM
by Ravus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,634 topic views. 9 members, 36 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.