Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Enlil]
    #15982780 -

umm... but then they won't be making money. they'd be spending it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15982785 -

akira_akuma said:
umm... but then they won't be making money. they'd be spending it.



Who is the "they" of which you speak?  Who is making money, exactly?  The government is already spending the money...they would just be spending it on other things...The government doesn't make money from the war on drugs...it costs money...


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: trip forever]
    #15982792 -

I dont even smoke weed but I think it'll be legal.

I mean, by the time people my age are running the country there would be more people who've smoked in politics than who've not...and not only that but more that believe in the legalization than not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Enlil]
    #15982797 -

Enlil said:
akira_akuma said:
umm... but then they won't be making money. they'd be spending it.



Who is the "they" of which you speak?  Who is making money, exactly?  The government is already spending the money...they would just be spending it on other things...The government doesn't make money from the war on drugs...it costs money...




:lolsy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Enlil]
    #15983022 -

Enlil said:
akira_akuma said:
umm... but then they won't be making money. they'd be spending it.



Who is the "they" of which you speak?  Who is making money, exactly?  The government is already spending the money...they would just be spending it on other things...The government doesn't make money from the war on drugs...it costs money...



"they" being the stockholders of firms owning certain prisons, police departments ect...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15983066 -

I think I maybe worded my post wrong before.

I guess they're not mutually inclusive, but in some cases when cannabis is decriminalized, it also entails the notion of de-prioritizing the offense of possessing cannabis. Meaning police officers are instructed to basically stop wasting their time chasing down small time offenders of cannabis/paraphenelia possession. As a result they are then expected to focus on more serious crimes. If there were significant resources dedicated to catching small time possession offenders before decriminalization, one would think that after decriminalization there would be some money saved.

However, that money would probably be re-invested in other areas... so I digress. not that great of a point when I type it all out


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #15983104 -

MisterMuscaria said:
I dont even smoke weed but I think it'll be legal.

I mean, by the time people my age are running the country there would be more people who've smoked in politics than who've not...and not only that but more that believe in the legalization than not.



You serious?

Almost all politicians have smoked, yet they are still against legalizing it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15983148 -

akira_akuma said:
Enlil said:
akira_akuma said:
umm... but then they won't be making money. they'd be spending it.



Who is the "they" of which you speak?  Who is making money, exactly?  The government is already spending the money...they would just be spending it on other things...The government doesn't make money from the war on drugs...it costs money...



"they" being the stockholders of firms owning certain prisons, police departments ect...



Lol..prisons aren't owned by corporations...nor are police departments...


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Enlil]
    #15983160 -

Enlil said:
akira_akuma said:
Enlil said:
akira_akuma said:
umm... but then they won't be making money. they'd be spending it.



Who is the "they" of which you speak?  Who is making money, exactly?  The government is already spending the money...they would just be spending it on other things...The government doesn't make money from the war on drugs...it costs money...



"they" being the stockholders of firms owning certain prisons, police departments ect...



Lol..prisons aren't owned by corporations...nor are police departments...



You'd think, right?

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_prison#Private_prisons_in_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrections_Corporation_of_America

And we have plenty of private police. Ask any security guard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15983177 -

Sadly, I agree.  Our society is founded on the idea that might makes right, and the domination of others.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #15983195 -

More like a broken right to first occupancy wrongfully perverted into the right of might.

Hey, if my English class is gonna make me read Rousseau without giving me the chance to submit a meaningful response, SOMEBODY has got to take the brunt. Sorry guys.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15983216 -

and across the wayward landing there was... shit... and muck... and signs and neon lights.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15983481 -

BlindSophist said:
More like a broken right to first occupancy wrongfully perverted into the right of might.

Hey, if my English class is gonna make me read Rousseau without giving me the chance to submit a meaningful response, SOMEBODY has got to take the brunt. Sorry guys.



Why don't you go bitch about it on the Internet.

Oh wait...


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15984609 -

BlindSophist said:
Unfortunately, you're wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_prison#Private_prisons_in_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrections_Corporation_of_America

And we have plenty of private police. Ask any security guard.



Security guards aren't police and don't get paid to enforce drug laws...so how is that relevant to any of this?

As far as the private prisons in the US, they house a very small percentage of the prison population...and they have no say in the drug laws...That's a pretty far fetched theory anyway..

In the end, Federal law reflects the political necessity of the times...As more people become tolerant of weed, that law will change..until then, it's illegal everywhere in the US.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Enlil]
    #15984644 -

I don't even like marijuana, but I'd like to see it legalized. They only lost by 9% in California last year. Medical marijuana is a huge first step towards it's legalization. Though I do feel that most people with licenses are just abusing it. I know people who do and brag about having one. I'd like to see other drugs legalized though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Nullface]
    #15984851 -

Yeah I agree with that.. Medical marijuana is an effective treatment for a very small percentage of the people who have their card. The rest are just lying through their fucking teeth and reaping the benefits. But I am pretty bias. I have plenty of back pain but smoking cannabis doesn't really help at all. Wish it did but it doesn't. For some people I'm sure it does help their back pain, but there is no doubt in my mind that a lot of pain sufferers flat out lie about cannabis' medical benefits in their cases. That is just one reason why I think it's time to remove the cloak and let cannabis stand on its own ground.


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Nullface]
    #15985055 -

Nullface said:
I don't even like marijuana, but I'd like to see it legalized. They only lost by 9% in California last year. Medical marijuana is a huge first step towards it's legalization. Though I do feel that most people with licenses are just abusing it. I know people who do and brag about having one. I'd like to see other drugs legalized though.



Same here, I'd like to see every drug legalized.

We should have the freedom to ingest any substance we want, whether it be harmful/lethal to us. (but not to others!)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: trip forever]
    #15985078 -

trip forever said:
Nullface said:
I don't even like marijuana, but I'd like to see it legalized. They only lost by 9% in California last year. Medical marijuana is a huge first step towards it's legalization. Though I do feel that most people with licenses are just abusing it. I know people who do and brag about having one. I'd like to see other drugs legalized though.



Same here, I'd like to see every drug legalized.

We should have the freedom to ingest any substance we want, whether it be harmful/lethal to us. (but not to others!)



Do you feel the same way about selling any substance, whether lethal or not?


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Enlil]
    #15985089 -

It should be voted on like everything else. We look at the pros and cons of a drug then put it up for debate. I know you'll come in next with something that can be used in terrorism like nerve gas to trump my argument.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Weed will never be legal. [Re: Nullface]
    #15985093 -

Nullface said:
It should be voted on like everything else. We look at the pros and cons of a drug then put it up for debate. I know you'll come in next with something that can be used in terrorism like nerve gas to trump my argument.



Lol...terrorism?

I'm all about majority choosing the laws...


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Act To Protect Medical Marijuana Patients Now! John 1,638 4 07/05/04 09:15 PM
by John
* If weed was legal..
( 1 2 all )
Mushie_Man 4,056 21 02/27/05 08:35 PM
by Dreamer987
* Whats so great about weed????
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
I2ancid 19,665 164 11/06/13 10:45 AM
by Almond Flour
* Drug Legalization?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
THEBats 7,271 66 03/25/05 06:14 PM
by Dark_Star
* hemp & marijuana: myths & realities eric_the_redS 3,671 10 11/02/12 02:16 PM
by SARAtonin
* Y NOT LEGALIZE IT?
( 1 2 all )
Herbal_Smokey 3,299 20 01/21/05 03:31 PM
by 13eetleJuice
* JFK assasination
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 2,429 35 11/20/03 08:14 AM
by OldSpice
* Legalized drugs = crap?
( 1 2 all )
IAmTheWalrus212 4,368 30 05/03/11 08:36 PM
by Yacub

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,077 topic views. 8 members, 12 guests and 88 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.