Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers?
    #15947865 -

I recently heard this from someone and was wondering if it was true.

Can any Canadians give input about this?


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #15947887 -

nope my dad is a high school teacher and he makes exactly 73 000 a year

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Gotlib]
    #15947900 -

Butt-Head said:
nope my dad is a high school teacher and he makes exactly 73 000 a year



Uhh...

thats like double what most teachers get... at least where I'm from...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Gotlib]
    #15947906 -

Butt-Head said:
nope my dad is a high school teacher and he makes exactly 73 000 a year



I think that is way more than American teachers' salaries...


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Celestial Traveler] * 1
    #15947924 -

Exponentially?  I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #15947939 -

Celestial Traveler said:
Butt-Head said:
nope my dad is a high school teacher and he makes exactly 73 000 a year



I think that is way more than American teachers' salaries...



But most American teachers' get large amounts of pay in terms of their benefits.  Counting benefits and adjusting for time off they make a lot more than they would like us to think.  There is a reason those jobs are so hard to get.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: DieCommie]
    #15947944 -

Down here in Texas I think its like 35k. 40k if you're lucky and been working a long time.

So, yeah, about double.

Damn. Holy shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: DieCommie]
    #15947958 -

It depends on the district, in the US.

The starting salary in one district is $60k where the one next door is $40k.

The $40k district has lower school taxes and is actually a lot better.

It depends on how your municipality votes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: DrCrumbs]
    #15947986 -

Judging from all the teachers unions in Canada, one would think they have a shitty salary.

Then again, after I read that 73000$ highschool salary thing. I believe it might be true.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Patlal]
    #15948085 -

ya if teachers in canada make alot , they dont let on to it, and when the kids joke their pay sucks, they dont disagree

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Patlal]
    #15948218 -

Patlal said:
Judging from all the teachers unions in Canada, one would think they have a shitty salary.

Then again, after I read that 73000$ highschool salary thing. I believe it might be true.



More than that - in Ontario, full pay after 10 years is $100 000.  It's similar in most provinces, except Quebec - in Quebec full pay is ~$60 000.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Uzziel]
    #15948225 -

edit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15948280 -

pwnasaurus said:
Patlal said:
Judging from all the teachers unions in Canada, one would think they have a shitty salary.

Then again, after I read that 73000$ highschool salary thing. I believe it might be true.



More than that - in Ontario, full pay after 10 years is $100 000.  It's similar in most provinces, except Quebec - in Quebec full pay is ~$60 000.



im in Quebec and my father teaches in Quebec

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: DieCommie]
    #15948357 -

DieCommie said:
Exponentially?  I do not think that word means what you think it means.



Yeah but you get what I'm saying.

And I'm sure Canadian teachers get benefits too.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Gotlib]
    #15948376 -

Butt-Head said:
pwnasaurus said:
Patlal said:
Judging from all the teachers unions in Canada, one would think they have a shitty salary.

Then again, after I read that 73000$ highschool salary thing. I believe it might be true.



More than that - in Ontario, full pay after 10 years is $100 000.  It's similar in most provinces, except Quebec - in Quebec full pay is ~$60 000.



im in Quebec and my father teaches in Quebec



True - I thought Quebec teachers made less than that... it's still way below all the other provinces anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15948386 -

my moms a teacher, i think she makes around 34k give or take, in texas


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Legend]
    #15948829 -

legit27 said:
my moms a teacher, i think she makes around 34k give or take, in texas



:eek:

That's awful.  I've actually applied to teacher's college - I hear back April 2nd.  But I would not have considered it if that was the pay.  It seems like a great job, but I would not do it for less than $75k at the peak of my career.  $100k seems pretty crazy to me, especially considering you get 3 months off, but I'll take it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15948879 -

I my opinion, a teacher should make at least 60k a year.

Then again it doesn't work that way cause they probably start at 40k a year and retire at 80k a year. But on average is makes around 60k.

Dealing with kids, especially in their teenage years can make a teacher go crazy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #15950090 -

yup, this thread baffles me, you'd think it would be the teachers that shoot up schools in the states

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it true that Canadian teachers get paid exponentially more than American teachers? [Re: hidenseek]
    #15950120 -

hidenseek said:
yup, this thread baffles me, you'd think it would be the teachers that shoot up schools in the states



I didn't google it, but I'm sure it happened somewhere.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* An apology from a Canadian...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Little Shroom 10,146 73 04/15/03 03:12 AM
by felix
* American vs Canadian cigarettes
( 1 2 all )
Meph 7,363 27 07/11/20 02:25 PM
by Asante
* canadians
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Infrared 6,163 82 11/05/04 06:53 AM
by lukeboots
* Fellow Americans - Police Road Blocks - Mandatory Searches?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Silven 11,641 80 11/25/04 08:05 PM
by Prisoner#1
* anyone in the Canadian Army????
( 1 2 3 all )
Hans_Moleman 5,438 49 08/03/03 11:55 AM
by Hans_Moleman
* Help set a legal precedent supporting Canadian "drug war refugees" Wysefool 773 3 12/18/04 05:18 PM
by Wysefool
* i dont care what my folk guitar teacher says!
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 1,583 20 09/15/04 07:44 PM
by silversoul7
* English Teachers MOTH 1,215 10 09/02/04 01:19 AM
by MOTH

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,147 topic views. 5 members, 26 guests and 74 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.