Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleLittle Shroom
Resident Faerie
Female

Loc: Toronto, Canada
An apology from a Canadian...
    #1442119 - 04/09/03 07:05 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

On behalf of many Canadians... (not all of them... obviously) I would like to apologize for our lack of support in the War Against Iraq.

Our leader, our Prime Minister, is NOT a good representation of our country. I know that myself, and many Canadians like me are ashamed in our position in this situation.

I think that our troops SHOULD be out there... fighting right beside yours. Canada and America are friends. They have been friends for many years, and although we've had all the debates on who's country is better, we all know that we should be equals, and we should be friends. We're neighbours, and I am embarrased that our leader chooses NOT to help our neighbours in a time of need.

We may one day need your help, but your President may not be willing to give it, because of the choices of our PM.

I am not proud to say that this man is representing my country. Americans, and many other people around the world are getting a bad impression of what our morals are, and because of this one man, for the first time in my life I am shamed in my country. Don't get me wrong... I am still proud to be Canadian... DAMN proud.

I just want to let the Americans know that there are millions of Canadians who want to help our neighbours, and friends... but are not allowed to do so...

Because of one fucking prick.

I am sorry.

-Little Shroom-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Little Shroom]
    #1442136 - 04/09/03 07:19 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Let me be the first to say thank you.  Oh, and after Iraq you know we're coming after you for legalizing marijuana.  :grin:

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Edited by diggitydankman (04/09/03 07:20 AM)

InvisibleLittle Shroom
Resident Faerie
Female

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1442153 - 04/09/03 07:31 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I think it might just be decriminalized.

Just remember that MANY of us, if not MOST of us, want to be out there with you guys... we might need help in a peace rally or protest or something one day.

Anonymous

#1442163 - 04/09/03 07:37 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

we still love you

canada is like our little brother, after all.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: ]
    #1442175 - 04/09/03 07:44 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

i actualy feel the same way Little Shroom does...I mean I'd dodge the Draft faster than the next guy, but I do feel we need some troops over there just to show we're there to cheer our big brother on...... :tongue:

InvisibleLittle Shroom
Resident Faerie
Female

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: ]
    #1442178 - 04/09/03 07:46 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

At least we're still gettin' a little lovin' .

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: funkymonk]
    #1442214 - 04/09/03 08:09 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

First time i've ever heard a "faery" condone the use of radioactive force

you can't support a war, unless its one your willing to fight for, otherwise your a hypocryte

Draft Dogers Rag
Phil Ochs

G G#/A
I'm just a typical American boy from a typical American town
D7 G
I believe in God and Senator Dodd and keeping old Castro down
G# A
And when it came my time to serve I knew better dead than red
D7 G
But when I got to my old draft board, buddy, this is what I said:

G
Sarge, I'm only eighteen, I got a ruptured spleen
G#/A
And I always carry a purse
D7
I got eyes like a bat, my feet are flat, and my asthma's
G
getting worse
G# A
O think of my career, my sweetheart dear, and my poor old
invalid aunt
D7
Besides, I ain't no fool, I'm a goin' to school, and I'm
G
working in a defense plant

I've got a dislocated disc and a racked up back
I'm allergic to flowers and bugs
And when the bombshell hits, I get epileptic fits
And I'm addicted to a thousand drugs
I got the weakness woes, and I can't touch my toes
I can hardly reach my knees
And if the enemy came close to me
I'd probably start to sneeze

(chorus)

I hate Chou En Lai, and I hope he dies,
but one thing you gotta see
That someone's gotta go over there
and that someone isn't me
So I wish you well, Sarge, give 'em Hell
Yeah, Kill me a thousand or so
And if you ever get a war without blood and gore
Well I'll be the first to go

(chorus)

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1442320 - 04/09/03 09:06 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Fuck war  :smirk:

Peace is where it's at.

And honestly America....what the fuck do you need our help for?

Looks like you can handle things on your own.

Canada is peace. We don't need any wars.  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: trendal]
    #1442473 - 04/09/03 09:53 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I'm with Trendal and anyone else who can think with their head.

FUCK WAR!

Fuck the United States of America's Governments propoganda.
Fuck their inbred leader Bush. Fuck chainey. Fuck everyone who instigated this war just to boost their economy and "unite the people against a common foe".

All you idiots accept the "NEW WAR!" as the next best sensationalistic reality TV show. Well it's FUCKING REAL. Your country is going against the UNITED FUCKING NATIONS and attacking a country that is completely defenseless when compared to your 'awesome god like powers'.

Any country that starts a war 'in the name of God', is fucking dangerous, and ignorant.

People shouldn't have to die to boost the US economy, and CNN ratings.
It's called PROPAGANDA. You can't believe a damned thing they put on CNN, it's all fucking lies and food for people who like to be brainwashed.

As far as Canada's involvement in some stupid war (WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US AT ALL!), you guys fucked us on soft-wood lumber and numerous other economical things, as well as poisoned us with your lame ass culture.

No offense to the people in the country, for I am sure many of you are wonderful people.... The United States of America can go fuck itself for poisoning our planet, poisoning our cultures, bullying comparably defenseless countries, being global hypocrites, FORCING their beliefs on others, and just being fuck ups in general. Fuck the US government, and fuck their beurocracy.

Sorry to any people with brains who are stuck living there with a bunch of media-crazed shaved monkeys.

Peace..... Because war is fucking dumb.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1442519 - 04/09/03 10:12 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

There's no need to apologize for not getting into a war that's none of your business to begin with.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1442555 - 04/09/03 10:26 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

It's the Canadians who think they're American's apologizing for this. They have become so engrained in the US's culture that they think they are American. These are usually the people who live in Ontario, south of Ottawa, who sit at home, and watch a LOT of TV.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. pfft, yeah right.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1442623 - 04/09/03 10:47 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I respectfully disagree.

Not only do the Americans not need our help, I strongly disagree with what they are doing. I don't think there is any need for us to blindly follow the Americans. This is not a "time of need", we are not depriving them of anything.

The US is a friend and a neighbour, but they are not our boss. We don't need to get involved in their silly wars, and I think it's our duty to oppose them when they start doing ridiculous shit.

Our friend and neighbour is pushing for us to get tougher on drugs. I think our government should stand up and do the right thing, telling them that what they are doing is morally reprehensible, and they need to change. That's what a real friend would do.

Sure Iraqis are dancing in the streets now, but many have vowed to turn on the Americans once Saddam is out of power.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Killjoy]
    #1442625 - 04/09/03 10:49 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

"They have become so engrained in the US's culture that they think they are American. These are usually the people who live in Ontario, south of Ottawa, who sit at home, and watch a LOT of TV."

The strongest support for the US and the war is in Alberta. The people in Ontario south of Ottawa aren't much different than the rest of the country. Like any other Canadians, they're pretty adamant about being separate from the US.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinepants
Butt.
Loc: Internet
Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Phluck]
    #1442698 - 04/09/03 11:12 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Groovy, man.

--------------------
Posting large images in sign[a]tures is not allowed.

InvisiblejohnB`
Mountaineer
Loc: The Rocky Mountains
    #1443229 - 04/09/03 01:22 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Killjoy, so do you feel you can just wave your magic pacifistic wand and make the world all better? People who are against the war call supporters of the war ignorant. At least supporters can accept the fact that war is part of mankind. Flapping your jaws and protesting is causing a worldwide nuisance, nothing more. Man has been at war since the beginning. It's a fact of life. War happens, and will continue to happen. Complain about it all you want, but it won't change human nature. And if you think war isn't in our nature.....well you are definitely entitled to your opinion.

--------------------
The greatest form has no shape.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: johnB`]
    #1443281 - 04/09/03 01:41 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Yes.

Sometimes war is necessary in this world, how should we handle states like North Korea for example?

The country states that kill 100's of thousands of their own civilians, threaten their neighbours, and focus on ruling with an iron fist; should not be allowed to continue.

Are we to use sanctions on those countries? Sanctions cause more suffering, and in N. Korea's case there have already been a reported high death rate of starvation, etc..

War sucks, no doubt about that.. But do we sit idly by while other countries are suffering immensly under a dictator?

I would think this world would have learned the lessons from WWI and WWII.. But it seems our skin is so thin these days that we think appeasement and containment are GOOD ideas.

Where is Winston Churchill when you need him? Maybe Tony Blair is his proper successor :wink: 

OfflineBOBs
bobby digital

Loc: CO
    #1443291 - 04/09/03 01:45 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

It's good to hear somebody say something in support of our country rather than the constant bashings.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1443292 - 04/09/03 01:46 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

The strongest support for the US and the war is in Alberta. The people in Ontario south of Ottawa aren't much different than the rest of the country. Like any other Canadians, they're pretty adamant about being separate from the US.

The last poll done on seperation from the east done here in Alberta showed about a 12% support for the idea.

Alberta does not want to seperate, we in the west however want real representation in parliment like making our senate like the US senate would be a good start.

The liberals however like to keep it the way it is now since they just need to keep a majority in the east and they don't have to worry about western discontent.

We get shafted out in the west and we have every right to be upset at how this country is represented by our government. All we ask is that the Canadian Senate be exactly like the US senate so that all provinces have a powerfull say in Ottawa.

OfflineStopThat
ManWithNoName

Loc: Homeland
Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Thor]
    #1443358 - 04/09/03 02:05 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Thank you. We still love you Canada !

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1443437 - 04/09/03 02:38 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

WOW...thanks, it's nice to be appreciated from time to time.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleLittle Shroom
Resident Faerie
Female

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1443566 - 04/09/03 03:25 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I think I was misunderstood. You don't necessarily have to be pro-war to want to help a friend. I am very much against war...
BUT... I think that if a friend asks another for help... (notice I say ASKS, and not TELLS) it would be only right to help.

I am not a political person, I can't get into deep details of what is going on. I just strongly believe that this situation is weakening the friendship between the two countries, and that is NOT cool.

As for Canadians wanting to be Americans, that is bullshit and you know that is true. I wouldn't give up my Canadian title for the world, or anything that anyone could ever offer me. But I do hold a high respect for the PEOPLE in America... (not necessarily it's leader)

I guess I may not make a worthy enough political statement for some of you to be pleased with what I have to say, but I am not trying to sway anybody's opinion. I just feel strongly about it... that is all.

-LS-

Invisibleslime_R
The Good Doctor

#1443595 - 04/09/03 03:33 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

The US is just trying to stop the bullshit that has been going on for years in Iraq. If it helps our economy so what, that doesn?t make it wrong. I really do think some iraqis are going to retaliate on us though, and there is nothing we can do about it. We aren?t scared of those pussies. Hopefully the next generation of Iraqi citizens will realize what we have done for them.

Also, how are we exactly impossing our culture and ways on the Iraqis? If by telling them that it is not kosher to kill and tourture citizens to keep order, then I guess we are.

Edited by slime_R (04/09/03 06:02 PM)

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #1443885 - 04/09/03 05:13 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Thanks LS, while I wasnt in great support of the war I WAS in support of our troops, unlike some Americans. Canada's a great place well only been there once but I had a great time though I did feel like hammered dogshit the next morning. I know many Canadians supported our troops and for that I tip my hat to them. If you cats got in a scrap to overthrow an evil regime I would definately be pro-Canadian. Unless your fighting (Southern) Mexico, thats a different story and not that Mexico's evil. Oh well many thanks.

InvisibleMushMushi
    #1444032 - 04/09/03 06:04 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I'm quite HAPPY about the fact that Canada (and its prime minister) REFUSED to obey the CORPORATE leaders. First of all, Canada doesn't need to INVADE any countries/nations.
And since when should Canada blindly follow USA?
You don`t like peace? Perhaps you might be a racist who hates other cultures?
Or a patriotic american brainwashed by the mass-media ?
Nonetheless, I deeply admire your ignorance and your lack of respect towards suffering human beings.
Simple d`esprit que tu est.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1444046 - 04/09/03 06:11 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Killjoy...

"Any country that starts a war 'in the name of God', is fucking dangerous, and ignorant."

I think any war is dangerous and ignorant. That is the point of why the use gods name, is to make it seem OK that there going to war.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1444170 - 04/09/03 06:59 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

i must say i am SEVERELY disappointed from you, little shroom, and especially from you thor... out of a lot of people on this site, i thought you guys would know better than this... i thought you guys would know better than support a war based on corporate needs... (or should i say greeds)

Quote:

we've had all the debates on who's country is better, we all know that we should be equals, and we should be friends

i've got news for you... the iraqi people are your equals, too... and they should be your friends, too... but no! lets just bomb them... i mean hell! why don't you bomb texas, they've got oil, too! oh... sorry i forgot texas already belongs to bush...

and i am as thankful and proud of the canadian prime minister as i am of my own government, which also refused to join bush in his cruzade for oil...

now dont get me wron i think it is an honorable gesture of you to want to help your fellow american's... but please save your energy and good will to do it when they really need help, and above all when the cause is right and not some corporate bullshit... maybe after an earthquake or another tornado...

i know a lot of the war supporterst bash me because of the first two WWs, and i kind of see it coming again... so before you indulge in that, let me say a few things... first of all, the world wars are not the subject at hand, they are in the past... second of all if you NEED to bring them up i would like to point out that i am perfectly aware that what hitler did was altogether fucked up... but above all i think it was fucked up that he got all the support from the people he needed to do what he did (much like in the states "president" bush and his corporate regime is getting the support he needs)... i know your going to bash me and flame me for even thinking about comparing the 2 situations, but im afraid im going to have to... visit the site of the Project for the New American Century and you will see that what the little folks in the white house are doing is not so different from what hitler had in mind... it's called World Domination!!!!... and there is even a wee bit of racism in "president" bush's plan, and the way his government is brainwashing the masses... at least 5 out of 10 americans have prejudice against islamic people... but well... i guess thats just the way it goes... just remember that the first casualty in any war is the truth

and about the "war is a necesary evil" bullshit... you can keep that to yourself... it is just necesary as long as there are people who think it is... and fat greedy corporate fucks that would do anything to get even richer than they already are... "war is over... if you want it to" -John Lennon & Yoko Ono

PEACE,
Indigo

ps: Little Shroom, you should be more than proud to see someone with principles and ideals like your Prime Minister is representing your country... its a shame the same cannot be said about america's president... after all he is the one ruling this world...

--------------------

Edited by In(di)go (04/09/03 07:00 PM)

OfflineoDin
    #1444223 - 04/09/03 07:15 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

thats a brave statement coming from a canadian on these boards Littleshroom. kudos too you.

sometimes it seems like the anti-US mindset i see on here is no better than than very pro-US can do nothing wrong mindset on the opposite end of the spectrum.

It must almost make the antiUS types cry to see the iraq people celebrate. to see the war plans thus far appear quite intelligent. so instead of just saying what is they always have a next bad senario that "Will" happen now.

as ive stated before i hope the end justifies the means.. thus far the begining of the end looks ok. and if you are a citizen of iraq and not a member of saddam's political party....well i bet your are happy too.

InvisibleMorphrying
Innocent as Hell
Loc: seated
    #1444245 - 04/09/03 07:19 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Most of us americans love canoodians, we just like to give you guys shit because it's fun...
<3
who cares anyways
we need to unite as a planet
forget continents
  I forgot continents :grin:

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Morphrying]
    #1444341 - 04/09/03 07:46 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

we need to unite as a planet

i agree... and war is not the way to do it

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: oDin]
    #1444386 - 04/09/03 07:56 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

oh, and oDin... id like to point out that i am not antiUS... i love your country, and thats exactly the reason im doing what i do... because i cant stand to see how the government keeps screwing the people in your country over... bush is taking your tax money to finance a war that will only get HIM richer... he has destroyed your freedom of speech, and your right to privacy... he passes tax laws that make the rich richer and the poor poorer... he refuses to pass laws that reduce the gas consume in cars, thus destroying the environment AND enrichening himself for after all he is the one selling the gas... he wants to start drilling for oil in alaska, one of the biggest natural reserves on earth... it is your government i am pissed at... and it is you i am worried about... actually i am worried about me, too... i am worried about the whole friggin planet if things continue the way they are going...

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: In(di)go]
    #1444408 - 04/09/03 08:00 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I think it's an absolute disgrace that Canada isn't joining in the Iraq war. People are right about our longstanding friendship. The USA and Canada have stood side by side for too long for us not to join in a war, to help our friend when they are threatened by the forces of evil.

I want to apologize as well. As a Canadian I am disgraced by our lack of support in this time of need, and I would like to point out why. The Americans have always been there for us. Remember 1914 and 1939? These were times when Canada was heavily threatened by outside forces, and did the Americans help us out? Of course they did! As soon as WW1 and WW2 began the USA joined us on the front lines, no questions asked, and so I am completely disgusted and guilt-ridden to be part of a country who seems to just allow all this genocide to happen. I mean, Saddam is an evil man, as was Hitler, so why the delay? Why don't we just join right in the way the Americans did back in 1914 and 1939?? Yes, we seriously owe them an apology and an explanation. I mean, here I am thinking we were friends.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1444785 - 04/09/03 09:50 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

As soon as WW1 and WW2 began the USA joined us on the front lines, no questions asked

Actually it's the other way around. Our soldiers (Canada) were being killed in the front lines while the USA sat on the sidelines and didn't really get involved.  :crazy:

What about 1812? The USA tried to invade Canada! (which, granted, was still a British colony). We have since reconciled our differences  :smirk:

Canada doesn't owe any more to the US than the US owes to us. We have both benefited eachother and brought eachother down through the years. Just the way it goes.

The US doesn't need our help man, trust me. They have what is probably (ok it is) the most powerful military in the world. That's impressive man. They could turn just about any country they wanted to into a parking lot without too much hassle.

The american government did not ask for our help because they needed it. They just want more lackeys.

Now listen I gotta say something to all the Americans here!

I am not anti-American...but I don't much like your government. From the point of view of a non-American, it looks like your government just does whatever it feels like. Or worse, whatever the corporations feel like.

We don't hate you guys, we just hate your government  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #1444928 - 04/09/03 10:28 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

First and foremost I want to thank Littleshroom for her concern about our countries relationship. I dont think this situation will significantly diminish the friendship our nations have. I know on a personal level at least that I hold great respect for my northern neighbors and their unwillingness to get involved is understood and all fine and dandy.

On the other hand, trendal... I think i have a shirt around here that says "if you want peace, prepare for war". You can scream at the top of your lungs about peace and world harmony, and i dont think anyone here would disagree that it would be the most ideal situation.... but thats about all it is and can be at this point. Given America is the dominant military power in the world, and our justification for the war may seem self-motivated... but are you actually arguing that what we are doing is not for the better? What about all the Kurds that were mass murdered by the Bathe party? What about the Iraqis that come out of their houses gleeful to see American soldiers? And another thing, the only reason Canada doesn't have to fight wars is cause everyone knows thats just asking for America to kick their ass... cause even with our scuffles, we love you guys.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: vivid]
    #1444986 - 04/09/03 10:45 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

are you actually arguing that what we are doing is not for the better?

Not at all! Just that I don't think Canada needs to get involved in this. We are most certainly NOT a major military power. Seriously why do you need our help?  :smirk:

And another thing, the only reason Canada doesn't have to fight wars is cause everyone knows thats just asking for America to kick their ass...

Lol ok I do have to disagree there  :smirk:
The reason Canada doesn't have to fight any wars is because no one has any reason to start any wars with us. We're peacekeepers. Everyone knows that. I've been to Europe, at least, and everyone I met over there seemed to have a lot of love for a Canadian. And it wasn't just because they were scared of the US  :wink:

Also...
As far as the intentions of your government go...the safety and well-being of the Iraqi people are most definately not first on the list. The liberation of Iraq may be a very GOOD result of this war, but I seriously don't think it's the purpose.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1445244 - 04/09/03 11:40 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

ahem yes I was being sarcastic

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1445674 - 04/10/03 03:09 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

We don't hate you guys, we just hate your government

i think the americans don't hate the iraqi people, they hate their gov't...the thing is, they're dong something about it.

also, the simple thought of only sending troops to fight and be killed is ignorant. support is also helping the U.S, Britain and other involved nations rebuild Iraq and provide much needed 'help' to a country right after it has been fucked by war. things like police, food and water. supportive things like that...

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: felix]
    #1445686 - 04/10/03 03:21 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

A good reason why not to support america in any war would be friendly fire imo as i think(thought im not sure) that the americans killed more britains than the iraqis did in this war.So i suppose if you wont to lose soilders then supporting and helping america in wars is prob a good thing :-)

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Paid]
    #1445689 - 04/10/03 03:28 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

i definately wouldn't want to be out there...getting shot accidentally by a brit or an angry u.s. soldier wouldn't be too fun, but those things happen. damn.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
    #1445707 - 04/10/03 03:56 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

i live in canada...

when was marijuana legalized ??? its still very illegal :|

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: felix]
    #1445809 - 04/10/03 05:53 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

also, the simple thought of only sending troops to fight and be killed is ignorant. support is also helping the U.S, Britain and other involved nations rebuild Iraq and provide much needed 'help' to a country right after it has been fucked by war. things like police, food and water. supportive things like that...

im very sorry to say this, man... but the american's started a war and fucked over a country WITHOUT the support of the UN... so america better deal with the consequences and rebuild the mess it left on its fucking own... it's always the same and im tired... america starts a war that is "alegedly" for peace when its actually for money... and when the war is over the united nations have to pay for the reconstruction...

oh and one more thing... i remember that the actual reason this war started (please, NEVER forget this) was because "president" bush thought that saddam had biochemichal weapons... this was before they thought that it would be a good idea to get support for the war if they just tell the people they are liberating opressed people... well maybe they are, but america doesnt give a fuck about the people... having a democracy installed by themselves will help them control where the oil flows to... and finally, did they find any biochemical weapons? i didnt think so... so according the the first and actual purpose that was presented, this war was a total fiasco...

--------------------

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
    #1445815 - 04/10/03 06:03 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I think you're piss weak. Move to the US, buddy.

I hate our involvment in the killing, but I am sort of proud that it's so damn small nobody even remembers.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
    #1445834 - 04/10/03 06:29 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

There's no need to appologize.. people have a choice to do what they want. I aint mad at you :laugh: 

We  love you :laugh: 

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
    #1445854 - 04/10/03 06:52 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

To: Ambassador Paul Cellucci, Embassy of the United States of America, 490 Sussex Dr., Ottawa, Ont.

DEAR MR. AMBASSADOR:

Your recent remarks about Canada's policy with respect to Iraq were inaccurate, inappropriate and offensive. Prime Minister Chretien is maintaining a delicate balance between U.S. pressure and Canadian opinion - a familiar position for Canadian prime ministers - and he will not tell you to go pound sand. But someone should.

Fundamentally, you argue that the United States would instantly come to the aid of Canada in an emergency, and Canada should therefore participate in your ill-advised attack on Iraq. "There is no security threat to Canada that the United States would not be ready, willing and able to help with," you are quoted as saying. "There would be no debate. There would be no hesitation. We would be there for Canada, part of our family."

Codswallop. And that's being diplomatic.

The primary threat to Canadian security has always been the United States. A monument in Quebec honours my earliest Canadian ancestor for repelling an invasion from your home state of Massachusetts in 1690. The very first instance of military co-operation among the 13 colonies occurred in 1745 under the leadership of James Shirley, your predecessor as governor of Massachusetts, whose army invaded Nova Scotia and captured the Fortress of Louisbourg.

Thirty years later, during the American Revolution, your privateers sacked our ports. We were at war once more in 1812-15. The birth of Canada in 1867 was prompted by fears of a U.S. invasion. That's why our railroad runs along the Gulf of St. Lawrence, far from the U.S. border.

Do you remember manifest destiny, the 1840s U.S. doctrine which held that your country had a God-given mission to rule all of North America? Do you remember "Fifty-four-forty or fight," the slogan that rallied Americans to threaten an invasion in 1902 over the Alaska boundary? Yours is the only country that has ever invaded ours, and it would do so again in a wink if it thought its interests here were seriously threatened.

And how does your sentimental mantra of perpetual willingness to spring to our assistance apply to the First World War, which we entered in 1914, while you stayed out for three years? We went to war against Hitler in 1939, while you were moved to join your sister democracies only after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor two years later. A million Canadians fought in the Second World War, and 45,000 died. We need no lectures from Americans about the defence of liberty and democracy. Nevertheless, despite the strains of our history, we are probably as close as any two nations in the world. Many Canadians - I am one - have family members who are American citizens. Our two nations fought together not only in two World Wars, but also to repel the invasions of South Korea in 1949 and Kuwait in 1991.

And when great catastrophe strikes without warning, our people have indeed been there for each other. As governor of Massachusetts, you must have been present at the lighting of the Christmas tree in Boston each year - an annual gift from Nova Scotia to commemorate the immediate and massive assistance of Massachusetts after the Halifax Explosion (EDIT:note from no-tone- The Halifax Explosion was the largest non-nuclear explosion in history, and still is.) in 1917. Our chance to reciprocate came on Sept. 11, 2001, when Canadian communities took in, on an instant's notice, 40,000 passengers from U.S. planes forced down by the terrorist attacks.

Halifax alone hosted 7,200(EDIT: note from no-tone- Halifax has a population of ~350 000). We housed them in our homes and schools and churches, fed them and comforted them and treated them as family. We probably gave more immediate and practical assistance to Americans than any other country. Yet when your president later thanked nations for their help,
he did not mention Canada.

The Iraq conflict, however, is not an unforeseen disaster, but a deliberate choice. Your president has squandered a worldwide outpouring of sympathy and solidarity in less than two years - an astounding diplomatic debacle. Your own remarks, with their dark hints of economic revenge, are entirely consistent with the Bush administration's policy of diplomacy by bullying, bribing and threatening.

A huge body of opinion, even in the U.S. and Britain, judges this war to be illegal, reckless and irrelevant to the fight against terrorism. Your government appears to have forgotten Osama bin Laden, and not to have noticed that the Sept. 11 terrorists were mostly Saudi, not Iraqi. They lived not in Baghdad but in Hamburg and San Diego. The Iraq campaign is a sideshow, a grudge match, a distraction. It will breed more martyrs, and more terrorists.

Back in Massachusetts, in 1846, a young man was arrested and jailed for refusing to pay taxes, to avoid supporting his government's deplorable
policies.

He explained this in an essay, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience, which has ever since inspired people like Gandhi and Martin Luther King. His name was Henry David Thoreau, and no doubt the governor of Massachusetts thought he was a pretty poor American. He was not; like King, he was a voice for what is finest in American life and values. And the issue on which he took his stand may sound a bit familiar. He was opposed to an imperial war - the unprovoked U.S. invasion which stripped Mexico of 40 per cent of its territory.

Good citizens - and good friends - oppose bad policies. By telling you the truth, they strive to save you from folly.

They may be mistaken, but they are not your enemies.

That is the message you should take back to the White House, whether or not there is anyone there who will understand it.

Sincerely,
Silver Donald Cameron

*Award-winning author Silver Donald Cameron lives in D'Escousse.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Edited by no-tone (04/10/03 07:03 AM)

OfflineSuper_Wario
Berry farmer.

#1446367 - 04/10/03 11:41 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

"to help our friend when they are threatened by the forces of evil"

The US was not threatened.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1446447 - 04/10/03 12:06 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

In(di)go writes:

...but the american's started a war and fucked over a country WITHOUT the support of the UN...

So you are saying it's okay to "start" a war and "fuck over" a country as long as enough members of the UN Security Council say it's okay?

Also, note that the the coalition of US, UK, Australia, etc. didn't start a war -- they resumed one. The conditional cease-fire agreement of 1991 had yet to be fulfilled by one of the signing parties -- Iraq. Despite twelve years of pushing, prodding, poking, shoving, inspecting, resolutioning and sanctioning, the UN was unable to persuade Iraq to fulfill even a single condition of that agreement. Not one.

There's literally millennia of precedent here -- a conditional cease-fire agreement in which one signatory fails to fulfill its obligations historically always has been null and void, and hostilities may be resumed by the other signatory at any time. Certainly a span of twelve years is not "jumping the gun". This is nothing new -- it has been the way surrenders have worked since the dawn of recorded history.

... so america better deal with the consequences and rebuild the mess it left on its fucking own...

It appears you have great reverence for the UN, so you will be relieved to know that although the UN was opposed to deposing Hussein, they now insist on having the upper hand in deciding the fate of post-Hussein Iraq. Therefore not only will the US and UK and Australia, etc. not have to do it on their own, they will not be allowed to do it on their own.

... america starts a war that is "alegedly" for peace when its actually for money...

A completely arbitrary assertion with not a shred of supporting argument. Proof, please?

... and when the war is over the united nations have to pay for the reconstruction...

Not if France and Russia and Germany et al have their way.

... i remember that the actual reason this war started (please, NEVER forget this) was because "president" bush thought that saddam had biochemichal weapons...

Incorrect. The actual reason the war was resumed was that the conditions of the ceasefire agreement remained unfulfilled. The condition that received the most attention was the one requiring Hussein to provide credible proof of the destruction of the chem and bio weapons he was known to have, but it was not the only condition.

... having a democracy installed by themselves will help them control where the oil flows to...

Excuse me? How can one "install" a democracy? The Iraqi people will vote for their new government, not American people. Their government will determine where their oil goes. If they disagree with the government's decision, they are free to vote that government out of office. That's how democracy works, remember?

...and finally, did they find any biochemical weapons? i didnt think so...

Not yet. So what? They did, however, find some SCUDS -- which Iraq was also obligated to have destroyed twelve years ago. It is almost a certainty that they will eventually find the chem and bio weapons, too. Interesting that the first inspectors who were there for years missed the SCUDS, as did the latest inspectors who were there for months, yet troops found them within days of entering Baghdad. See this picture from focus.de:

http://news.focus.msn.de/G/GE/ge.htm?bild_tmp=21&snr=1966&streamsnr=7&newssnr=118790

... so according the the first and actual purpose that was presented, this war was a total fiasco...

What? How on earth do you come to that conclusion? A brutal murderer has been disposed, the road is clear for Iraqis to have their own government for the first time in three decades, the conditions of the ceasefire agreement can now be fulfilled, sanctions can be lifted, food sitting in warehouses that was hijacked by Hussein's thugs to sell on the black market to starving Iraqis will now be distributed, children imprisoned for refusing to join the Saddam Youth have been released, the torture chambers and rape rooms have been shut down, infrastructure can be rebuilt rather than new palaces -- I could go on, but perhaps you are starting to get the picture.

I guess your definition of "fiasco" is different from the universally-accepted definition..

pinky

--------------------

Edited by pinksharkmark (04/10/03 12:08 PM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Phred]
    #1447447 - 04/10/03 04:41 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

So you are saying it's okay to "start" a war and "fuck over" a country as long as enough members of the UN Security Council say it's okay?

that is not what i said... in my eyes it is NEVER ok to start, resume or continue a war no matter how much UN folks say they approve... what i was trying to say is that the states decided to resume the war (which is bad enough as it is)  even though the united nations were against it (which makes it even worse)...

and although you are right about the "resuming" thing, i have a few things to add... why exactly did they resume the war right now, when they could have done it a few years ago? does it have anything to do with the fact that the us "president" together with a lot of other folks in the white house own one of the worlds largest oil companies? and could you please tell me why when that cease-fire treaty was signed, the states and the other countries in the coallition didnt choose to disarm THEIR countries? what gives THEM the right to own such weapons that doesnt apply to irak? that is not the way to achieve peace, sir... there is never going to be peace on earth while any country carries weapons of mass destruction... many will say that the weapons are only for self-defence, and thus not dangerous while in the right hands... well in my eyes there is no such thing as "the right hands" when it comes to abc-weapons... unless you give them to jesus, the buddha, ghandhi or another person who has the amount of spiritual understanding they had... do that and you will see that the weapons will be destroyed in a matter of days... so, are you going to tell me that if irak would have complied with the conditions of disarming the country, the states would have done the same? no sir...

and yes, i am kind of relieved that the UN insists on participating in the reconstruction, although i must say that i dont trust them either... they have done some pretty fucked up stuff, too... but they're better in any case than the american government... the only thing that worries me is that it is going to be my tax money repairing the mess that the states left... when i think bush, blair and the rest of the warmongers should be paying for the reconstrucition with their own friggin money, not with the money of their country, and above all not with the money of the innocent people that want peace on this planet... maybe then they would understand what we are going through...

you state that the UN will not have to pay for the reconstruction if germany, france and the rest have it their way... well tell me why shouldnt they? we never supported this war to begin with... but as i see things coming we will have to participate, for there is no argueing with big boss bush unless we want our country invaded, too...

you want proof that this war is for money? check the link i gave you in the post you replied to... and read "stupid white men" from micheal moore... or check this link out (since you digged something from focus.de, i suppose you understand a little german)  Attack in the Name of "Peace" ... there are other articles and proofs, but im not going through the work to dig them up right now... not just to convince you from my point of view...

Quote:

Incorrect. The actual reason the war was resumed was that the conditions of the ceasefire agreement remained unfulfilled. The condition that received the most attention was the one requiring Hussein to provide credible proof of the destruction of the chem and bio weapons he was known to have, but it was not the only condition.

heh... b&b (bush n blair) twisted that around pretty well... they asked for proof of the destruction fo the weapons, but they never proved that they weren't destroyed... did they even give the inspectors enough time? even if they would have found weapons, what makes you think saddam would have used them, if he didnt use them for 12 friggin years... and if saddam would have had such weapons, why doesnt he use them now, that he actually would have a reason? in my eyes, this war is completely unjustified... the bottom line is still money...

Quote:

Excuse me? How can one "install" a democracy? The Iraqi people will vote for their new government, not American people. Their government will determine where their oil goes. If they disagree with the government's decision, they are free to vote that government out of office. That's how democracy works, remember?

well... first, have you thought about the fact that these people have no friggin idea how a democracy works? they have had a dictator for about 25 years... do you know how much time it takes to form political parties? how are you going to make these people see that they are "in control" now? (provided thats what happens during a democracy, but the states proved that fact wrong during the elections in 2000)... second, even if the parties are founded and elections take place, who is to show the irakies that you dont shoot someone just because he follows another political party? and third, do you really think that ANY political party in irak is going to inform the people to what country the oil is beeing selled and at what price? i dont think so... so everything will work this way: the americans are going to "help" the irakies build a few parties, and show them how to vote (whom to vote)... believe me although officially it will not seem so, the american government will have irak and its oil pretty much under control...

Quote:

Not yet. So what? They did, however, find some SCUDS -- which Iraq was also obligated to have destroyed twelve years ago. It is almost a certainty that they will eventually find the chem and bio weapons, too. Interesting that the first inspectors who were there for years missed the SCUDS, as did the latest inspectors who were there for months, yet troops found them within days of entering Baghdad. See this picture from focus.de:

you are giving me 2 scuds as a justification for the death of thousands of innocent people? please! im not going to be final on this, but i dont think they will find any bio-chemical weapons... and if they do, who is to say that america didnt put them there to justify what they did? not possible you say? remember that the us government financed and armed irak to fight against iran... just as they financed, armed and trained the taliban to fight the russian... and then they are surprised when those folks come back and bite them in the ass... if the us government was capable of doing that, it is capable of smuggling some biochems into irak and pretend they just found them...

and about your last paragraph, im gonna let you think about what may or not be happening in irak right now...

and well, i still think this war is a total fiasco... but remember... its all relative  :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by In(di)go (04/10/03 04:58 PM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1447470 - 04/10/03 04:47 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

so many disagreements.

At least we all agree on one thing: The USA is the most evil country in the world.

OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

#1447485 - 04/10/03 04:57 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Agreed.

Canadians were the last to be recognized as "friends" by Bush when he came into power. Canadians were also the first to lend aid when their buildings fell down.

The American political system is a stagnant cesspool of ignorance, intolerance, greed and bigotry.

Not only does the states not need our help, they shouldn't even be fighting this war in the first place. Unfortunately for LS, the majority of Canadians feel this way.

So let this be my un-apology. Fuck war.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Just a Punk]
    #1447616 - 04/10/03 05:56 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

DEATH TO WAR!!!!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1447750 - 04/10/03 06:46 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I have heard the same thing from so many of my friends up north!  :smile:

Thank you for the post LS...it means a lot! 

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#1447794 - 04/10/03 07:02 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Doogy,
I disagree with your post. Many countries, such as the old Rwanda regime killed 800,000 of their own people not too many years ago. Sometime in the 80's I believe. What has the US done to compare with that? Was that not evil?
Or the old USSR when Stalin killed approximately 40 million of HIS own?
Or Japan, who during WWII, invaded China and wiped out 110,000 chinese civilians in 2 years?
Your comment is grossly miscalculated!
Evil is in the eye of the beholder. Granted we're not the fucking saints of the world, but many have done drastically worse. Read the numbers.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #1447851 - 04/10/03 07:23 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

yeah I was joking hahaha

but seriously.. the USA is the only country to be charged with international terrorrism by the world court. Fucked up shit man

I liked that bit about the japanese killing chinese. hehe I like the thought of japanese running around china killing people. Brings a smile to my face.

So do nuclear bombs hitting hiroshima and nagasaki. But I guess the Chinese had to strike back somehow and the only way they could is fly their planes over Japan and drop nuclear bombs on them.

read the numbers you say??? YOU WANT ME TO READ NUMBERS HERE ARE SOME FUCKING NUMBERS:

12 679 7896 09 67 98 0 6 97 56 97 9 98 7 87 76 8 9 08 09 97 86 67

CHEW ON THOSE BUDDY

ok, so at least we can all agree on one thing on this forum:

Little shrooms should be eaten alive by ... lions.

Hehehehe not the person of course. but actual *little shrooms*

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1447868 - 04/10/03 07:31 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

In(di)go:

I will happily slice apart your points in the Politics, Activism, and Law forum rather than contribute further to the derailing of Little Shroom's thread. I actually shouldn't have even responded to your post here at all, and I apologize to Little Shroom for taking her thread further off-topic than it had been taken before I arrived.

I was wrong to play that game -- this is The Pub, after all.

So In(di)go, do you want to open a new thread in the PA&L forum by cutting and pasting your last post there, or would you prefer I do it?

pinky

--------------------

Edited by pinksharkmark (04/10/03 07:33 PM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#1447900 - 04/10/03 07:38 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

bueno caballero... si realmente desea continuar esta discusi?n, puede copiar y pegar mi respuesta en P,A & L... pero antes quiero que me responda una pregunta: what good is it going to be for us two to continue entangling ourselves in this subject? it's quite obvious that we do not share the same view on the world and nothing is going to come from our discusion... it will not undo the war and the killing... and personally i don't even think it will satisfy our ego because quite clearly no one is going to agree with each other on this... if you really feel the need to "slice up" my reply, then go ahead and do it... ill come check out the results...

PEACE

--------------------

InvisibleLittle Shroom
Resident Faerie
Female

#1450582 - 04/11/03 06:02 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Thanks for the support, to some of you.
I do have a longer arguement, and I will make it known when I have more time to type it...

I hope we can still be friends.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1450605 - 04/11/03 06:14 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

I hope we can still be friends.

No.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#1451033 - 04/11/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

of course we can! its noble from you to want to support your fellow americans... i just dont agree with whats happening... but thats no reason to give up a friendship!

--------------------

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1451728 - 04/12/03 02:38 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Found a better one:

A BLANKET APOLOGY TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?????

Courtesy of Rick Mercer from This Hour Has 22 Minutes CBC Television:

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the
United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well
recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron, but it wasn't
nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that
he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After
all it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees
than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper
and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our
excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during the war of 1812. I
notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer
but, we Feel your Pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up
against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side.
I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in
against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly
apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way, which is really a
thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over
this. We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

Thank you.

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: Xibalba]
    #1451876 - 04/12/03 06:45 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

I'm pretty sure that was actually written by Colin Mochary. He's the bald hilarious Canadian on "Who's Line is is Anyway?"

Its so true though.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1452514 - 04/12/03 01:00 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

In(di)go writes:

what good is it going to be for us two to continue entangling ourselves in this subject? it's quite obvious that we do not share the same view on the world and nothing is going to come from our discusion... it will not undo the war and the killing... and personally i don't even think it will satisfy our ego because quite clearly no one is going to agree with each other on this...

If you really feel this is the case, why did you bother to slam little Shroom at all? Why did you bother to reply to my post? You must have known in advance that people would disagree with you and that "no one is going to agree with each other on this."

ill come check out the results...

Okay. I'll see you there .

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#1453523 - 04/12/03 07:56 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

first of all, i didnt slam little shroom... i just stated my opinion and said she should be proud that canada's PM is not participating in this fiasco...

and yes, i knew there would be people that desagree with me... there always are... but i also know that there will be people that read my pust who are not stuck on a certain view of things, and who will think about what is really happening after reading my post...

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1453895 - 04/12/03 11:03 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

In(di)go writes:

first of all, i didnt slam little shroom...

Ah. So when you wrote --

i must say i am SEVERELY disappointed from you, little shroom, and especially from you thor... out of a lot of people on this site, i thought you guys would know better than this... i thought you guys would know better than support a war based on corporate needs... (or should i say greeds) --

you weren't really saying they weren't smart enough to figure out that the war was based on corporate greed (a still unproven assumption of yours, by the way)? Okay. If you say so.

and yes, i knew there would be people that desagree with me... there always are... but i also know that there will be people that read my pust who are not stuck on a certain view of things, and who will think about what is really happening after reading my post...

And of course, I can say exactly the same thing about my posts, but I at least don't try to end a discussion by saying that neither of us will change the other's mind. As you say -- let the readers decide for themselves who is making more sense.

I look forward to further discussion in the Politics forum.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1454463 - 04/13/03 09:22 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

I want Canada to stay nuetral! Thats the best thing you can do.

Thats why you dont have terroroist bombings over there. Do you want that?

Stay nuetral so I can follow through with my plans to move to Canada.  :smile:

Offlinejorneyer
Stranger

#1454609 - 04/13/03 11:36 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

As for people not invading Canada, I thought you were from BC... probably Hongcouver?
Do you take your shoes off as you cross the bridge into Richmond?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: jorneyer]
    #1454711 - 04/13/03 02:16 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Me? I'm from the other side of the country man. Not BC. Ontario.

--------------------

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

#1454713 - 04/13/03 02:16 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Is that some sort of racist remark?

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1455223 - 04/13/03 06:02 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

We got plaenty of East Indians too so you can't say we are overrun by just Chinese. They are only a piece of the overrunning pie.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1455274 - 04/13/03 06:28 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

well I for one am not sorry
however
I hate the american government , not americas people or the amazing men that created what now looks like the oppisite of what they had intended !

and I am not sorry for our government calling gorge bush a moron!!
cuase HE IS ONE!!!
dont belive me well.........

I hope you like asenic standards being rolled back to 1942 standards!!
thats one of the first things he did when he was elected!!!

and I am not sorry about our government NO CHANGING its drug laws
(which we have been under SOOOOOO MUCH PRESURE TO DO!!!!!)

America preaches about free trade and the  doesnt play the game , which has put many where I live out of work !!!!(some of these people dont give  shit about the war but are sick of being treated like shit )

I also dont like the DEA fucking with hemp seed shipments
Shipments to your country which has put GOOD people out of workl on bolth sides of the boarder !!

and last but sure as hell not least
ahem................(a message to the DEA)
"I dont want your 2 (and maybe more soon) DEA offices in Vancouver Canada
GET THE FUCK OUT
your not welcome and if you dont think so wait until summer when some of the vancouver DEA smokeouts begin again, I myself will try to
........smoke them out of there "holes"  :grin:

I will keep the presure on
and wont stop till they are GONE~!!!!!!!! 

--------------------

Offlinejorneyer
Stranger

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: no-tone]
    #1456967 - 04/14/03 11:55 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Not really, just a realist remark. I was in a mall in Richmond, which is a suburb of Vancouver BC, and it was crowded. I was the ONLY white guy in the whole place. And all the shopkeepers were really rude to me.
If you don't believe me, grab a Vancouver white pages from the library and look up "Chin" or "Wang".

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1458916 - 04/14/03 10:56 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

is this post a joke? what about the 10's of millions of canadians that dont support the war? and, i think its quite obvious, the only country that would attack canada would be the states, so...? what the fuck? has the world gone insane, or am i losing my sense of sarcasm

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: An apology from a Canadian... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1458919 - 04/14/03 10:59 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

white people stating how many asian people live in vancouver is the most played out discussion to ever occur in human history. its boring, redundant and severly unintelligent

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1458925 - 04/14/03 11:00 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

sir tripsalot, your a plain moron. OVERRUN? what does that mean, check your history books sucker, and learn about how this country was built.

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1458931 - 04/14/03 11:02 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

oh and jorneyer: hey, idiot, get your cultures straight- its the japanese who take their shoes off, not chinese you ignorant robot

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1459368 - 04/15/03 03:12 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

you must be owiental.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder