Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: All We Perceive]
    #15821772 -

look foward to messin with ya zebra 2 packs =D

might be able to chuck them in later in a set next month :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: All We Perceive]
    #15821806 -

All We Perceive said:
cokane said:
I just got a Yamaha RX-V671 AV receiver and its bad ass, well worth $500.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v671_black_u/



How does the compressed music enhancer work?  I thought it was impossible to revert back after you cut out data.



It's just an eq with marketing attached

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: STR80180]
    #15821830 -

Oh haha.  What about the "visual quality increaser" which takes you to 1080p?  That seems like the same sillyness.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: All We Perceive]
    #15822136 -

Looks like a cool thread, I like to mess around with cubase once in a while. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you're looking for good cubase tutorials check out cubasetutorials.com. Does anyone else know a site like this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: spacer]
    #15822940 -

spacer said:
Looks like a cool thread, I like to mess around with cubase once in a while. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you're looking for good cubase tutorials check out cubasetutorials.com. Does anyone else know a site like this?



Not for Cubase.

On Youtube "cosmcosm" s channel has GREAT ableton tutorials.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: scrapske]
    #15823064 -

ok guys, so here is my favorite reverb ever.  so clean, so crisp, so deep.

http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=163



You can find it around.  :thumbup:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15823145 -

That looks neat.  I'm a big fan of Altiverb.  They did a bunch of impulse response tests in famous halls and other environments, lots of nice convolutions.  You can pretty easily add your own too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: All We Perceive]
    #15823233 -

All We Perceive said:
Oh haha.  What about the "visual quality increaser" which takes you to 1080p?  That seems like the same sillyness.



The audio enhancement jive is just an electronic thing. My old Yamaha started distorting real bad and the sound was playing no matter what input I selected, dvd, vcr, tv, I could still here music buzz through so I replaced it. This my 3rd Yamaha and I have enjoyed the first 2.

I am not sure about the visual quality increaser jive... My receiver is connected to a desktop pc, my monitior (24 inch asus hd but its older so picture is meh) is connected to the receiver so I am passing all of my video and sound though the receiver and it seems to work flawlessly so far. But I am not really pushing 1080P. I like the on screen feature it has so my monitor opens up a GUI so all the controls are on screen and easy to read and navigate. You can also control it via a web browser if its plugged into the internet (no wifi)

Here is a video of my old receiver. http://youtu.be/ZBdiH71Tqzw

I still have the sub, large speakers, and I have since added 2 cerwin vega center channel speakers. I have also replaced the small monitor with a newer 20 inch asus. I need to make a new video showing off my toys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: cokane]
    #15823238 -

The upconverter is mainly so you can run your low def video sources through HDMI right?  In theory it does a better job interpolating the higher resolution but I doubt it looks much clearer.  Not a video guy though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: saxcidjazz]
    #15823536 -

I use a Waves convolution reverb, which comes with some sick IRs, which are fully adjustable in terms of tail length, early reflections etc. There's also a parametric eq to, which makes for a very versatile and realistic sounding reverb, I haven't used another reverb since I got it, that and the waves Hcomp compressor are mainstay plug ins of mine, I use the Hcomp on pretty well every channel in my projects, it's got really good analog modeling of several classic hardware compressors. The modeled analog soft clipping sounds awesome and having a wet/dry knob let's you do parallel compression on the one channel, which is fucking handy with really big DAW sessions. I challenge people to use a good convolution reverb and then go back to a normal reverb plugin, there are good reverbs that don't use IR's, like the lexicon ones mentioned, but you can get IRs for classic reverbs units as well which will give you the best of both worlds, although the convolution verb will inherently use more processing power.

This is a cool thread, I work as a Dj and a sound engineer while I finish my degree in the same field, would be happy to help some fellow shroomerites out with their projects if they would like. I love synths and sound design, and I love the studio and all the little tricks and cool microphone placement techniques and nerdy shit that entails. Love working in DAWs and post production and mixing and mastering to, I think I just plain love audio! Haha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: STR80180]
    #15823583 -

Running out the door, nothing to add now.  Just want to follow this thread.


--------------------





There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

- "Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration, 2007.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: STR80180]
    #15823588 -

The Waves one is good too.  I really like the realism of Altiverb but I use the IR-1 a lot as well.  The hcomp sounds interesting.  I'd like to compare something like that to the UA LA-2A/1176's I use when I can.  I like hardware compressors so much better but I don't have em at home.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15823712 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
ok guys, so here is my favorite reverb ever.  so clean, so crisp, so deep.

http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=163



You can find it around.  :thumbup:



Agreed :awebig:
Such a good plugin,
the reverse reverbs are the bomb too :cool:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: saxcidjazz]
    #15824300 -

saxcidjazz said:
The Waves one is good too.  I really like the realism of Altiverb but I use the IR-1 a lot as well.  The hcomp sounds interesting.  I'd like to compare something like that to the UA LA-2A/1176's I use when I can.  I like hardware compressors so much better but I don't have em at home.



Yeah analog compressors are the bomb, I haven't done any side by sides with the Hcomp. I'd imagine you would get better results with the hardware. I like that I can take my home studio anywhere I go, I'll grab my headphones and find somewhere away from distractions and get ideas down for my own electronic stuff in ableton, or edit and comp recordings from the studio in pro tools, pretty well anything you don't really need studio monitors for.

I'll have to give altiverb a try too, Looks good, how does it compare with the IR1 in terms pc load in your experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: STR80180]
    #15824306 -

That focusrite 1176 compressor emulator plugin (RTAS... I donno if they have a VST) is pretty damn good imo :awebig:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: twighead]
    #15824642 -

Just hooked up 2 laptops together, master/slave style so you can jam out over a network in time. It's open source software too.

RTP midi is what it is called  :awesome:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: STR80180]
    #15824758 -

STR80180 said:
Yeah analog compressors are the bomb, I haven't done any side by sides with the Hcomp. I'd imagine you would get better results with the hardware. I like that I can take my home studio anywhere I go, I'll grab my headphones and find somewhere away from distractions and get ideas down for my own electronic stuff in ableton, or edit and comp recordings from the studio in pro tools, pretty well anything you don't really need studio monitors for.

I'll have to give altiverb a try too, Looks good, how does it compare with the IR1 in terms pc load in your experience?



I think IR-1 is a bit lighter but I'm not sure.  I don't use Altiverb at home where its a lot easier to tell the CPU load.  I think you'll really like the Altiverb.. its a very high quality reverb plugin.  They've got every space you can imagine on there, even caves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15824805 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
Just hooked up 2 laptops together, master/slave style so you can jam out over a network in time. It's open source software too.

RTP midi is what it is called  :awesome:



:awesome:

I know pro-tools has built in midi sync functionality and i'm almost positive ableton does as well (though I haven't used it)

Definitely a good time :thumbup:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: twighead]
    #15824933 -

I hope music evolves to the point where it is much more than sound

Maybe we are going that way with the recent obsession of bass and electronics in music, which could hint at the direction we are going in music.

I would like to see something like a space you could step in that would emit sounds designed by an artist in which each sound has its own 3/4 dimensional characteristics, and would induce feelings which are both physically and emotionally felt uniting in a psychedelic like experience which you step into the mind of the artist who designed said music.


--------------------
:scarybeat:


My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: twighead]
    #15824934 -

I posted a thread earlier with a link to to an article about studio junkies (hardware, synth, midi controller collectors) but can't seem to find it...

I know you already know this Dune but he can teach:sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I am a nerd CherryBomM 1,461 15 02/19/05 11:49 AM
by Hendostan
* Nerds
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MOTH 7,048 68 08/15/05 05:44 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* A Solution to the Drug Problems of the United States and many other countries. adoseofparn0z 984 4 11/14/04 05:25 AM
by kindkesey
* Ever heard of memphis car audio?
( 1 2 all )
ShroomyMcPot 3,528 36 07/15/04 08:51 PM
by felix
* car audio suggestions- head unit??
( 1 2 all )
Schwip 1,915 21 12/10/05 04:31 PM
by D4NK
* Bro-in-law gave me a 'Sony Digital/Audio Control Center'. What all does it do? UncleLuke 4,527 13 01/04/06 12:52 AM
by UncleLuke
* Astrology skeptics UNITE! To this thread!
( 1 2 3 all )
AbstractHarmonix 5,355 51 07/20/05 08:55 PM
by RedNucleus
* building my own pc (for audio) DistortedEyes 460 1 08/17/06 02:44 PM
by passitbobbie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,518 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 72 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.