Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Audio Nerds Unite. * 3
    #15819246 -

aka, A.N.U.  :lol:

I have made a few different threads on cool audio devices, analog hardware, VST's, DAW's, and the like.  I figure we could start compiling it into a single thread so people can more easily obtain the information.  Also, I like learning more all the time about the world of audio.

So, to start things off, I was on a search for the best IC (integrated circuit) for making audio oscillators with, and stumbled upon this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_SN76477

I followed links to its prominent applications and found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gakken_EX-System

Which lead me to the only video example I could find, this:




Seems like a really fun thing to get stoned an fiddle with, as basic as they have made it.




PS: for anyone that uses Zebra 2 VST, I Am making a patch pack just for you shroomerites who use it.  Been trying to hammer out a patch a night.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (02/16/12 03:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15819293 -

Definitely interested in the patch pack!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #15819301 -

sweet! trying to make it a bit of a

"psychedelic wtf" pack :lol:  unconventional routing stuffs.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15819346 -

I think my next project will involve 40106 IC chips.

It is SUPER easy to make a lo-fi audio oscillator:

in under 2 minutes.



but combine a few of those buggers and you have intricacy!



--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15819364 -

I'd consider myself an audio nerd and I have no idea WTF that stuff is that you posted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: abltsandwich] * 1
    #15819381 -

It's cool man! it is just what I do lol. if you have interest in learning just ask questions.

there is so much in the audio world you cannot catch it all in 1 lifetime :vaped:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15819402 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
I think my next project will involve 40106 IC chips.

It is SUPER easy to make a lo-fi audio oscillator:

in under 2 minutes.



but combine a few of those buggers and you have intricacy!





:rockon:

Zebra is great btw. Id def check out the pack :3


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15819502 -

I think I get it.  I'm into hifi, not making music, hence my confusion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: The_Ghost]
    #15819529 -

Hey can somebody help me here I'm a noob to all this
I just downloaded the demo version of zebra 2 but how can I open it in fl 9?
I copied the dll files into fl's VST folder is there something else i should do?


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15819537 -

You should be able to do go to add channel... more... then run a fast scan and all the new plugins will show up in red.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: The_Ghost]
    #15819539 -

You'll need this:

http://mkv.itm.miun.se/personal/per/diy/76477/sn76477datasheet.pdf

Looks like a fairly straight-forward circuit to construct, tho... Even moreso if you don't need all the functionality it has to offer (keep it simple as possible for damn sure). I've never worked with that chip, but I do like working with those complex IC's; I used to work in the wireless industry, so I used to deal with much higher frequencies. There were several fancy chips that I loved, for as complicated as you expect them to be, utilizing them is pretty easy. I have a patent on an RF signal detector/level meter that was essentially a single chip. I have a multi-frequency 555-based oscillator that I use to test audio equipment. Do quite a bit of amplifier repair and cabinet design & construction, I REALLY like working with vac tubes, I'm not really a synth music kinda guy. Good luck!


--------------------
Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

Edited by Galaxie500 (02/16/12 04:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: twighead]
    #15819613 -

twighead said:
You should be able to do go to add channel... more... then run a fast scan and all the new plugins will show up in red.



Thanks I can open zebra now but it comes up with an error and a blank screen
or a pop up that says this product may need to be registered
does the zebra demo have to be registered before you can use it at all?


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15819624 -

Mmm I can't say I don't use Zebra but I have zebraette which i think is like a light free version? You might look into that.... that or a keygen/crack :wink:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: twighead]
    #15819663 -

:agentgtfo: :tinfoil:
Of course not I would never touch such things
*wink wink*
Thanks for your help anyway man I'll try figure it out tomorrow


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15820362 -

Cool thread man! I'm only about a year into sound making and the like, but it is all very intriguing to me. I will definitely be digging, hopefully I can add something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: herschburger]
    #15820560 -

I just got a Yamaha RX-V671 AV receiver and its bad ass, well worth $500.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v671_black_u/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: cokane]
    #15820901 -

Nice!  receiver.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15820918 -

Duneraver dude, you are seriously on some next level shit with this. Is this just a hobby for you or like your career?

You're really cool man, straight up. Those audio things that you do are so beyond me its ridiculous. If i knew a tenth of what you know i'd be laughin.

Don't let that get to your ego though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: Galaxie500]
    #15820922 -

Galaxie500 said:
You'll need this:

http://mkv.itm.miun.se/personal/per/diy/76477/sn76477datasheet.pdf

Looks like a fairly straight-forward circuit to construct, tho... Even moreso if you don't need all the functionality it has to offer (keep it simple as possible for damn sure). I've never worked with that chip, but I do like working with those complex IC's; I used to work in the wireless industry, so I used to deal with much higher frequencies. There were several fancy chips that I loved, for as complicated as you expect them to be, utilizing them is pretty easy. I have a patent on an RF signal detector/level meter that was essentially a single chip. I have a multi-frequency 555-based oscillator that I use to test audio equipment. Do quite a bit of amplifier repair and cabinet design & construction, I REALLY like working with vac tubes, I'm not really a synth music kinda guy. Good luck!




I think I am going to go with the 40106 IC http://fluxmonkey.com/electronoize/40106Oscillator.htm ; you can go 6 oscillators out of 1 chip. I figure use 3 outputs for oscillators, and 3 for pitch LFO's, and if I get a second chip I can use the timed pulses for triggering amplitude, aka on/off with rhythm.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Audio Nerds Unite. [Re: cokane]
    #15821739 -

cokane said:
I just got a Yamaha RX-V671 AV receiver and its bad ass, well worth $500.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v671_black_u/



How does the compressed music enhancer work?  I thought it was impossible to revert back after you cut out data.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I am a nerd CherryBomM 1,461 15 02/19/05 11:49 AM
by Hendostan
* Nerds
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MOTH 7,048 68 08/15/05 05:44 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* A Solution to the Drug Problems of the United States and many other countries. adoseofparn0z 984 4 11/14/04 05:25 AM
by kindkesey
* Ever heard of memphis car audio?
( 1 2 all )
ShroomyMcPot 3,528 36 07/15/04 08:51 PM
by felix
* car audio suggestions- head unit??
( 1 2 all )
Schwip 1,915 21 12/10/05 04:31 PM
by D4NK
* Bro-in-law gave me a 'Sony Digital/Audio Control Center'. What all does it do? UncleLuke 4,527 13 01/04/06 12:52 AM
by UncleLuke
* Astrology skeptics UNITE! To this thread!
( 1 2 3 all )
AbstractHarmonix 5,355 51 07/20/05 08:55 PM
by RedNucleus
* building my own pc (for audio) DistortedEyes 460 1 08/17/06 02:44 PM
by passitbobbie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,518 topic views. 5 members, 16 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.