Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
A comparison of pre-fabricated kits
    #15714347 -

Hello, I am looking for some specific information so I'm hoping there's at least one or two people on this giant forum who can help me.  Let me start by saying, I have sat back and read for a while and although I see tons of threads filled with information and different trials and tests, I haven't been able to find a ton of specific comparison trials, especially those with a lot of control.  I am looking for information from anyone who has done a comparison trial for pre-fabricated kits.  Before I get bombarded with posts telling me that pre-fab kits have been discussed before, or that mono tub DIY kits have been discussed before, please understand that is not what I am asking about, and I would appreciate if people would refrain from flaming for that.  I AM NOT LOOKING FOR PERSONAL OPINIONS ON PRE-MADE KITS. Please... I know and have read, people's opinions on pre-made kits ("save money make it yourself...but if you don't here's our sponsors")and know that they are just that... opinions. I would really like to hear if anyone has tried two completely different pre-fab kits and what their results were from each.  This could be two different batches but I was wondering if anyone ever tried them at the same time, while use a set control of the same materials (substrate, spores, syringes) etc. 

What I am looking for is information from someone who has tried one of the following two kits from our sponsors:
http://www.midwestgrowkits.com/?gclid=COvD3rXbvK0CFQjd4AodcDA-Ag
https://www.caligrowkits.com/delux-mushroom-kit.html

AND have also tried the following kit:
http://www.mushbox.co/mycodome.html

I'm interested in all comparison information even if your attempts with the two failed.  craftsmanship, quality, size, weight, practicality, possible yield to actual yield results etc.




*Maybe if there's any interest out there people would be interested in opening it to a section of the forum specifically for controlled comparison trials. I keep reading people's opinions on potency or growth rates on shrooms but I (the nerd in me) would think it cool to compare the different  things out there.  Like growing the same "race" of spores from two different companies in the same exact material and comparing them at the exact same time, instead of one after the other like much of the info I've seen on here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A comparison of pre-fabricated kits [Re: OptimusPrime]
    #15723661 -

None of those guys are sponsors here.

I have never tried any of those kits personally, though I have heard that the Midwest kit works decently enough.

If you are looking for easy, minimum effort growing. Then you might check out the in vitro bags offered by "The Mad Season" or "Out-Grow". While I havent used their specific product, I have made similar bags myself and have found them to be one of the easiest ways to grow.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but didn't look like anyone else had any insight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A comparison of pre-fabricated kits [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #15723704 -

Thanks for the response. 

I am very interested in the different components that come within each kit. does the stacking of cakes in the dome kit work better that in the tub, when using the exact same spores under the same conditions?

Does the under the tub heater work better than the fish tank heater for maintaining even heat? etc. etc. etc.

All of the links I used I got via people posting them on this site over the years.  I may have been wrong as far as them being official sponsors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A comparison of pre-fabricated kits [Re: OptimusPrime]
    #15723717 -

I've tried the midwest, the additives like bee pollen and stuff sounded cool in their rye spawn bags. I got very little growth on their rye bags. It also took them about 3 weeks to get the bags to me. I guess they were out for a week and then played catchup for another week.

I used them along side a sponsor here. I used spore syringes on 4 bags of midwest rye and 14 more bags of rye. The other 14 bags all performed well.

After a month and a half the midwest bags weren't contaminated but the spores failed to germinate on them. Midwest's would probably work ok from an LC.

I haven't tried the other companies at all.

Edited by DrCrumbs (01/27/12 03:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A comparison of pre-fabricated kits [Re: DrCrumbs]
    #15723730 -

Looking at those kits, they seem overly complicated too. More parts means more things to go wrong. Mini mono tubs are damn near maintenance free. And they dont have any thing that really goes bad in them. Food for thought.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pre-made kits Dfekt 1,082 9 02/28/05 09:58 AM
by penlight438094
* DB 10 LB KIT QUESTION Wisdom to gain 1,357 9 07/22/01 10:18 PM
by badjessejames
* Grow kits from Netherlands, Legal or not?
( 1 2 3 all )
Apexx 12,435 46 10/28/02 12:35 PM
by SixTango
* I have a Mexican Kit But No Instructions!!! samxxxxxx 2,623 17 10/15/02 10:11 PM
by mickey_rourke
* I need help colonizing my jars of rye grain EPerson100 4,626 4 09/24/01 06:12 AM
by MAIA
* Best Beginners Kit MrStoner 971 8 03/17/05 07:06 AM
by Photoguy
* Need help picking out a kit MPel 988 5 01/04/02 02:22 AM
by Snobrdr311
* SCREW THE GROW KITS!!! Sammy 2,929 2 05/13/05 09:16 AM
by Kalix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
895 topic views. 16 members, 67 guests and 190 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.