Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Need help picking out a kit
    #509678 - 01/04/02 02:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Me and my friend have already started a one time use kit and now we want to actually grow a karger amount. Does anyone know of a good all-in-one grow kit? Something that will regulate the humidity would be wicked, since our apartment is 75'. Mushroom Magic 's looks good, but I know it couldn't grow that much really, but does anyone know a good one? I live in Canada if that does make a difference in the shipping. Money doesn't really matter, we just want to make sure we can make some really great mushrooms for ourselves, but we go through alot. Please, if anyone knows a good one, let me know. Thanks alot.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: Need help picking out a kit [Re: MPel]
    #509682 - 01/04/02 02:30 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

they have a nice kit thats easy to use and will produce 1/4 pound in dried weight. Located in Canada, and will ship COD for your convience.....

Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help picking out a kit [Re: wirez420]
    #509698 - 01/04/02 02:46 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

$120.00 kit
$60.00 spore syringe

You can do much better than that.
Make your own kit.

I think the Sporelab is in Canada.
His prices are only $12.00 for spore syringes.

Or go to the FSR and get a spore print for $1.00

You can get a rubbermaid container for less than $8.00
A bag of Verm for $3.99
A bag of brown rice for under $5.00
12 half pint jars for around $7.50

Look around and read some teks...see what you need and just go get it yourself.....much, much cheaper.

Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Edited by Roadkill (01/04/02 04:32 AM)

Loc: kentucky
I made the kit mistake my first time. [Re: MPel]
    #509699 - 01/04/02 02:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

When I started out I bought the "Soul Food Machine II" from Mushroom magic.com. In all honesty, its still going, slowly but surely. I just didnt have the heart to break it down.
But also, since, Ive had a lot of time to do reading about standard methods. In comparison they make the mushroom magic kit look kinda weird. VERY Werid actually.
Anyways, since Ive set up my own terrarium and I put my first few cakes in it a couple days ago. And dollar for dollar, even having went out and bought a new pressure cooker and hot plate, The traditional methods are really better.
Plus with mushroommagic.com you have to go back to them every time for the substrates and "Kit Refiils" as they call them. Another thing about them that really made me upset is that they claim on their website that you can return any of their kits"So long as they are in usable condition". Well like a few weeks into setting up my kit, and having read PF Tek about 20 times I called about returning it, and they said that if I had used it, there was nothing that they could do. Now usable condition , and "Never been used" to me have nothing to do with each other.
Not to mention that just about every time I called in for technical support This total Dumb ass gave me information that contradicted their manual totally. I even called him on it once and he tried to defent his original position. After a bit of this, I wasnt about to let it slide. I mean he would have just as well given me bad information as have gotten me off of the telephone.
To make a long story Short, Stay away from Mushroommagic.com

You have to Cook their substrate in the over for a total of about 5 hours, and believe me, this shit will stink you family out of the house. Everyone in my home was about to kill me after locking themselves in their rooms with the windows open when it was about 50 degrees outside.

Good Luck

Psilocybin Pimp

Re: Need help picking out a kit [Re: MPel]
    #509712 - 01/04/02 03:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'd read and make your own. kits are a rip off. check out what my firend made

Think for yourself; Question Authority

User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Need help picking out a kit [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #509759 - 01/04/02 04:22 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

why do you want to buy a kit so badly? buy some perlite for $3 and an 18 gallon rubbermaid and do the PF tek, it's the most inexpensive and succesful tek known to the cultivator. kits are a rip off and don't produce any better than anything you can do without them.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation