Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15520403 -

He wants it to be portable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: CrossingTheStar]
    #15520408 -

I have a 17+" screen on my laptop and I have to admit, I wish i had the 15" laptop.  They're really big and hard to find cases for.  They are bulky and heavy, and because of their extra weight, dropping them breaks them easier.  What size are you looking at RP/OP?

What price range?  Why not compare some asus and alienware sidebyside?

(asus isn't acer, btw, incase anyone confuses them)


(the 17" actually has a normal keyboardsetup like a desktop, space between the numberpad.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #15520473 -

Inconspicuous said:
He wants it to be portable.



He never really said he needs it to be portable for gaming, just that he needs A computer for portability.  My suggestion lets you have a more enjoyable gaming experience at home, and still watch movies and whatnot when you're not home, AND save money.

It's win-win-win.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15520481 -

If you live in a camper van...:awehigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: NWlight]
    #15520915 -

NWlight said:
I've used both products, and I personally prefer windows.  I don't hate on mac.  it just sucks and does my talking for me.  :Trollface:



If you're on a budget I would skip Alienware in all it's glory and look for other well-known brands that compete. You can probably get similar hardware for a couple hundred bucks cheaper is my guess without actually trawling stores.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: blujay]
    #15521128 -




they dont make these anymore they were limited but asuses bomb. i5, 500GB, Gforce GTS 360m 1g


--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: Rexter]
    #15521497 -

Can anyone give my new computer a general review? I'm not computer savvy.

it has 6 gb ram, Intel Core i3-370M 2.4 GHz processor, NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: x Ju x]
    #15521712 -

In terms of what?  It has a pretty mediocre video card, a pretty mediocre processor, and a mediocre amount of RAM.  Overall, it's a decent computer, and it will get the job done for non-serious gaming.

That based purely off of the limited specs given, however IME, when talking about laptops it boils down to build quality/screen quality/touch pad quality as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: x Ju x]
    #15521733 -



Just bought this puppy on eBay for $563. According to the description it's "gently used," so I better not have any fucking problems or I'ma be pissed off cause I don't think it's still under warranty. I do have a 7 days money back guarantee with the seller though, so I will be punishing this machine for an entire week to see if it'll hold up to stress. For $563 I couldn't pass this up. This thing would be $1,100 brand new or $900 refurbished with a Core i5 2.5GHz from Lenovo, and with the excellent build quality, I'm sure it'll be worth my money. If it wasn't a Thinkpad I don't think I'd have been so quick to bid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15522182 -

Yeah i probably should have specified. It won't be used for gaming. Just general browsing and running a few vst synths on, and probably photoshop.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: x Ju x]
    #15522312 -

Its by dell so its shit, I would go for a Asus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #15522489 -

Acer is by dell? I never knew that


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: x Ju x]
    #15522536 -

Go for specs my friend not a brand name.

Shop around and you could find a beat of a gaming laptop for 750.


--------------------
The School of the Undefeated of the East!
The Winds of the King!
Zenshin!
Keiretsu!
Tenpa kyoran!
Look, the East is Burning Red!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: x Ju x]
    #15523492 -

x Ju x said:
Acer is by dell? I never knew that



Alienware is Dell.  Acer is just shit.  ASUS isn't ACER.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: Maverick]
    #15523913 -

I here good things about Asus.

And Acer is fine just as long as the specs do what you want. Don't get caught up in brand hype or brand slam. Heh heh heh Brand Slam.


--------------------
The School of the Undefeated of the East!
The Winds of the King!
Zenshin!
Keiretsu!
Tenpa kyoran!
Look, the East is Burning Red!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alienware Laptops [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #15523943 -

Inconspicuous said:
If you live in a camper van...:awehigh:




:lahey:

I'm gonna look into an Asus.


--------------------
:durrhurr: Smoke enough weed and you'll never grow up, mentally. Peter Pan strain. :durrhurr:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Buying a new laptop(Council Needed!)
( 1 2 all )
2Cents 1,925 33 09/23/11 05:13 PM
by Divinity
* I need a new laptop and I have no idea which brand to get
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Patlal 5,730 62 09/21/13 06:03 PM
by barong
* Alienwares
( 1 2 3 all )
st1llnox 5,206 49 09/21/13 09:25 PM
by teamkiller
* Took my laptop apart toay for the first time musiclover420 516 10 06/22/15 01:04 PM
by r00tuuu123
* Pick a laptop for me...
( 1 2 3 all )
PDU 7,254 57 12/03/08 09:19 PM
by PDU
* Thinking about buying a new laptop *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Pareidolia 1,689 21 08/27/11 12:09 AM
by Pareidolia
* Laptops...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Awakened1 1,616 73 05/03/16 09:13 PM
by Awakened1
* gaming laptop? TheMovement 745 10 07/02/13 09:03 PM
by Konyap

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,678 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 110 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.