Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15507822 -

Came home to the stove mouse in a snap trap, that was kinda nice. Bought a bunch more traps made by Victor, and in my opinion, they're way better put together than the D-con traps. The lever that hooks into the trigger doesn't need to be de-burred, and the trigger seems way sensitive. I cleaned up the dead mouse, set a Victor trap with peanut butter in the same spot, didn't even crack a 40 before I heard a snap and a squeak. It was dead before I got to it. That's two so far.

Also, I put peanut butter where the hold-down lever contacts the trigger, so that way they fuck with the mechanism if they want to steal my food. Seems to work well, and it lubricates the mechanism too.

Edit: Number three. This seems effective.

Edited by Ralafe (12/12/11 11:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15508139 -

I was referring to D-CON poison, I've heard the old style Vicktor traps can't be beat.

Bizzarre that I have heard that before, I wonder where? probably grandparents, lol.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15508333 -

dont use poisons like some suggest unless you want to play "find the smell"


--------------------
Anything I post is a lie, including that...and that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: poiuytrewa]
    #15508386 -

The traditional rat trap that snaps their neck is the only thing I've ever used. I'd rather not put an animal in pain with poison or glue. It's bad karma to kill things because they are pests in an inhumane way.


--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15508408 -

Drug their onions.



--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #15508409 -

buy a rat terrier


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: countchocula420]
    #15509950 -

The rat traps are inhumane well I had some weak ass ones that would break their necks and they would still be alive for hours after.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #15510666 -

I've used the D-con snap traps and the Victor snap traps so far, and both have killed the mice before I could stand up, walk over to them, and see what snapped. They weren't even twitching when I got to them. I've got mice with a bb pistol in the head before, they move around more than that. Also, the Victor traps seem to have a little heavier spring on them than the D-con traps, for what it's worth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15510760 -

Rats are also bigger than mice, We once got one with the trap and it survived only to die a few feet away. It must have been pregnant or something it was the size of a small cat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #15511140 -

Yeah, can't say I ever had to deal with pests like that before. I just got little critters here. I'd probably bust out a .22 for those, or a live trap maybe. I bet they cause some mean property damage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15511152 -

They were mainly outside with the animals. Especially where they all shit.

.22 air rifle took a few of the fuckers out. I haven't seen any in over a year so something must have changed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #15511178 -

Inconspicuous said:
Rats are also bigger than mice, We once got one with the trap and it survived only to die a few feet away. It must have been pregnant or something it was the size of a small cat.




I was visiting friends in chicago and late at night I heard a rustling in the
kitchen, went to check and a rat like you describe was perched on the handle
of a cart they kept dogfood in... I wanted to capture it and bring it home
but I think it would have over powered me, raped me and left me in the gutter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15511190 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Inconspicuous said:
Rats are also bigger than mice, We once got one with the trap and it survived only to die a few feet away. It must have been pregnant or something it was the size of a small cat.




I was visiting friends in chicago and late at night I heard a rustling in the
kitchen, went to check and a rat like you describe was perched on the handle
of a cart they kept dogfood in... I wanted to capture it and bring it home
but I think it would have over powered me, raped me and left me in the gutter



They well and truly shit you up.

My dad used to shoot them and get me or my mum to come pick them up and chuck them away :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: eastcoastremedy]
    #15511228 -

eastcoastremedy said:
watch out for hanta



I didn't read any farther in the thread, but I would seriously be wary about getting hanta virus. That shit is no joke. That's the main reason I wouldn't want rodents living in my place of residence.

It's also why I don't go into abandon buildings without some kind of respirator to filter air.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15511299 -

Acaterpillar said:
eastcoastremedy said:
watch out for hanta



I didn't read any farther in the thread, but I would seriously be wary about getting hanta virus. That shit is no joke. That's the main reason I wouldn't want rodents living in my place of residence.

It's also why I don't go into abandon buildings without some kind of respirator to filter air.



I've never even heard about this and I go into abandoned buildings all the time. Holy shit man.

I thought this guy was trolling , something to do with christmas and santa and I just didnt get the joke :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #15511320 -

I just did some more reading, and it looks like the fatality rate isn't as high as I thought.
It still doesn't sound like a pleasant virus to contract though (are any?).


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15511340 -

I assume not. Anyhow I'm sure being bitten by a rodent is last on your agenda when going anywhere.

Most places around here were shut down due to asbestos or contain it so wearing a face mask would be a good idea if you are going to disturb anything because emphysema is not pleasant either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #15512032 -

You typically contract Hantavirus by inhaling dust particles of dried rat feces/urine.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* There is a mouse in my room. What do I do?!
( 1 2 all )
Jaimie 2,305 34 01/16/16 04:04 PM
by CosmicJoke
* How did the Burger King get the Dairy Queen pregnant? DrunkenAttempt 1,069 6 07/03/06 07:00 PM
by drtyfrnk
* Mouse Problem...
( 1 2 all )
Ginseng1 2,033 25 01/17/16 10:07 AM
by dr.greenfurn
* Why the apache abandoned the sacremental use of peyote 905 4,215 16 05/21/10 05:15 AM
by Cool Cat Coast
* pregnant fried eating shrooms
( 1 2 3 all )
milly 12,056 40 02/18/04 12:22 AM
by Jared
* Squeak the Mouse: Bonus Porn Section Added - 7 Aug. 2005. Adults Only and Not for the Squeemish
( 1 2 all )
mjshroomer 4,355 24 08/10/05 12:20 AM
by mjshroomer
* Frog saves mouse in Indian floods *PIC* Amatoxin 1,466 13 07/01/06 05:04 PM
by Ythan
* There's a mouse in my kitchen...
( 1 2 all )
Amatoxin 1,758 22 01/26/08 01:00 PM
by YidakiMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,954 topic views. 7 members, 14 guests and 117 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.