Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Dealing with a house mouse
    #15501175 -

So I got a house, but it's old and came with a couple mice. Worse yet, I bought a used stove with more of the critters. How do I get rid of these things? I took the stove apart, there's mouse poo all over, it's disgusting. I don't think I can cook on it again, I'd rather buy a new stove. The house came with at least one mouse and what I think is a vole. I have to evict these guys before they make me sick. Wtf.
:feelsbadman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15501190 -

buy an owl:Trollface:









nah but really, get some glue traps and put some peanut butter coated chicken on them.

mosue comes for delicious food, gets stuck in glue, then you hit it with a shoe and it's done with.


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15501214 -

... or a cat or 2 . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Salomon]
    #15501230 -

Well, I have a couple mouse traps set, they're the old school flip type but they have some lame kind of cheese-tasting plastic trigger on them. They're made by D-con. I also have an awesome Daisy Powerline bb pistol that I used to mouse hunt with at my old place, but I don't think the move helped its acccuracy any. Traps have been out for a day, and I've seen the house mouse and the vole, and only heard the stove mouse. No catch yet. I'm half a forty in, playing some GTA, and willing to pop one of these critters if they come out of the closet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15501233 -

I think a cat is a great idea. :grin:

There are plenty of cats who love the hunt! Some will even bring it to your pillow as a present. :heart:


--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

-Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15501236 -

I have the things you plug into the wall and it makes and ultrasonic sound.
got them at the hardware store.  they work for me.


--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: joe666]
    #15501246 -

I wondered about that, I think I'll check into them when I stop by the hardware store for more mouse traps. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15501379 -

Mouse traps and poison.  After you get the majority of them get a cat and get rid of the poison.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: joe666]
    #15501402 -

Ralafe said:
Well, I have a couple mouse traps set, they're the old school flip type but they have some lame kind of cheese-tasting plastic trigger on them.



did you taste it?

bait the trap with peanut butter or bacon


joe666 said:
I have the things you plug into the wall and it makes and ultrasonic sound.
got them at the hardware store.  they work for me.




they dont work here, my mom bought several a couple of years ago, there
were mice everywhere until I put out poison. my ex wife moved out from
next door, we cleaned out 9 pickup loads and the rollback twice with 
trash and other shit, some of that quite literally because she had no
water for 2 mos her cockroaches started invading the surrounding homes. 2
mos ago there were no bugs or mice, now there's no mice but we're infested
with roaches and several of the neighbors have been complaining of the
same issue. mom bought the ultrasonic bug repellers and  roaches are
living in them

they're a scam, I've even tested one on a mouse we caught in a live trap
and it didnt bother the mouse in the slightest. the manufacturer claims it
would take several weeks to work, why so long on something that's supposed
too be so effective... because of the return policies of most stores being
30 days.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/Company/riddex.aspx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15501428 -

Peanut butter works really well.


--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15501446 -

keeping it clean and eliminating their source of food will go a long way in reducing their numbers too.
clutter, esp old magazines, papers, old unused furniture can turn a place into mouse motel.
its dead giveaway when you find their den and then you demolish and disinfect.
watch out for hanta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: eastcoastremedy]
    #15501453 -

Ebay Shop for: Delicious Bacon


--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: withoutawire]
    #15501466 -

Put peanut butter on them after about half a day, then the house mouse came out to see what's up. Still nothing caught yet.

Re: Prisoner#1
Did not taste the cheese-flavored trigger, just something the old lady brought home and figured it was better than nothing. I guess that's all that was at the store. Supposed to smell like cheese too, I called bullshit on that as soon as I opened the package. lol, maybe it's expired.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: eastcoastremedy]
    #15501580 -

unfortunately most people dont want to tear out all their walls and cabinets
as well as showers and tubs to eliminate a pest. you can remove all the known
food sources but that doesnt stop them from getting into boxed or bagged
goods in the back of the cupboards, plastic canisters are somewhat effective
at least until they manage to chew through things. I've used harder plastics,
metals and glass for storing open goods with some success but they're still
capable of foraging for foods outside of the house

roaches and shit are a different problem all together, they can survive off
glues and stuff and they thrive in any area where they can breed undisturbed.
when I was in my early teens we had a house with a bad infestation, house was
clean, always kept food put away, we fought them with bug bombs and all kinds
of other shit and nothing had any effect. we discovered the problem, wood
paneling that was in the kitchen, one day a few nails gave way and several
were spotted going behind it so we pulled one sheet and there were thousands
hiding back there

we ripped down all the paneling, hit the farmers co-op and bought a quart
of dursban, we sprayed every inch of the house, inside the cabinets, even
under the house, we stayed at a motel for three days while the house was
airing out. it eliminated the bugs and mice. bug bombs were ineffective
because they couldnt penetrate the paneling or get under or inside of
cabinets

I rented a duplex, my neighbor had roaches, she bombed and they'd come to
my place, I'd bomb and they'd move to hers, I talked to a friend in pest
control, he recommended a retail product, Raid Fumigators. followed the
directions, did my place and my neighbors and the bugs were again gone

I have several packs to set off here as soon as it's cold enough to drive
them all inside, the house is clean, the only food source is dog food
which I'm using for bait currently to draw them in and the minute it hits
the mid 20s I'm setting these things off. they'll kill the bugs and the
mice and they dont leave any residue or noxious smells after 4 hours or
so. they produce a smoke as opposed to a mist that sprays up and settles
down on stuff, the smoke penetrates everything including the cabinets. if
there's mouse holes at the walls it'll get in there as well


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15501586 -

I just sit in my garage with a cigarette, my shotgun, and a box of slugs. The mouse always loses.


--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Ralafe]
    #15501602 -

Ralafe said:
Re: Prisoner#1
Did not taste the cheese-flavored trigger, just something the old lady brought home and figured it was better than nothing.




set trap, taste cheese... you need to be sure it works :Trollface:


seriously, always bait the traps, wait a few days for the mice to get used to
them and you'll start hearing them go off

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15501640 -

That's what's up, they're not used to them yet. Had peanut butter on them half the time I had them out so far. Going to get more traps tomorrow, too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Prisoner#1] * 3
    #15501642 -

gain their trust
mate with their women
and in time you will accept the mice


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: CosmicFool]
    #15501670 -

This...



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with a house mouse [Re: Salomon]
    #15501720 -

Salomon said:
buy an owl:Trollface:





lmao


--------------------
I feel good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* There is a mouse in my room. What do I do?!
( 1 2 all )
Jaimie 2,305 34 01/16/16 04:04 PM
by CosmicJoke
* How did the Burger King get the Dairy Queen pregnant? DrunkenAttempt 1,069 6 07/03/06 07:00 PM
by drtyfrnk
* Mouse Problem...
( 1 2 all )
Ginseng1 2,033 25 01/17/16 10:07 AM
by dr.greenfurn
* Why the apache abandoned the sacremental use of peyote 905 4,215 16 05/21/10 05:15 AM
by Cool Cat Coast
* pregnant fried eating shrooms
( 1 2 3 all )
milly 12,056 40 02/18/04 12:22 AM
by Jared
* Squeak the Mouse: Bonus Porn Section Added - 7 Aug. 2005. Adults Only and Not for the Squeemish
( 1 2 all )
mjshroomer 4,355 24 08/10/05 12:20 AM
by mjshroomer
* Frog saves mouse in Indian floods *PIC* Amatoxin 1,466 13 07/01/06 05:04 PM
by Ythan
* There's a mouse in my kitchen...
( 1 2 all )
Amatoxin 1,758 22 01/26/08 01:00 PM
by YidakiMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,954 topic views. 2 members, 7 guests and 77 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.